Chef and owner Davide Brovelli has an incredible hotel and restaurant in the most beautiful location overlooking Lago Maggiore at its southern end.
Only stayed very briefly but the food I tasted spoke for itself and the well deserved Michelin Star is certainly paying tribute when you get into the food which promotes everything the lake and the region has to offer. Simply great fresh produce with a nuances in the flavours coming from a chef who has learnt from generations.
The cellar is amazing with treasures from all over Italy and lots and lots of old vintages for wine lovers. Make sure you actually go and see the red and white wine cellars which are in the best part of the 150 year old building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 14 camere distribuite su due edifici che si specchiano sul lago. Una parte delle camere è situata nell'edificio in cui l'hotel si è originariamente sviluppato, per lo più disposte su du piani senza ascensore, mentre l'altra parte si trova nell'edificio in cui è situata la reception, recentemente rinnovata e dotata di ascensore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Il Sole Di Ranco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Sole Di Ranco Hotel Ranco
- Il Sole Di Ranco Varese
- Il Sole Di Ranco Italy - Lake Maggiore