“Great hotel with fantastic staff”
Review of Hotel Tre Re

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sesto Calende
Hotel Tre Re
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sesto Calende
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This small hotel in Sesto Calende really is something special; it is modern, well appointed and clean. It is not your typical large chain hotel (don't get me wrong, I like many large chain hotels), but this place has some personality, and the staff are just amazing. As others have noted, you are treated like family - you really feel welcome, remembered and appreciated.

This was a business trip, but I would happily come back here with family, and this is by far my favorite hotel in the Sesto Calende/Malpensa area.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jscindc

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Every hotel I stay in has it's faults and the 3 Re hotel in Sesto Calende has them in abundance so why do I like this place?
I came to Sesto like many, on a course at the AgustaWestland academy so did not expect much in the way of accommodation as going on past experience its just going to be somewhere to sleep and study. However I was immediately impressed by its location right next to a river with a promenade adjacent. the rooms are not huge but adequate.

I'm not the heaviest of sleepers and I always find it hard for the first few days to get used to beds in hotels. Well I was pleasantly surprised here as the mattress was on a par if not better than some very expensive hotels I have stayed at and I had very little trouble sleeping here in fact i would go as far as saying I slept better here than I do at home on my orthopaedic mattress !

What lets the place down and I can only speak for my room is the noise.

I chose a river view room and this comes with a price ( literally) in the evening outside my room you get folk promenading along the river something I appreciate as where I live and work this is not done

However the noise generated by the Motorbikes, Cars and people shouting to each other is a bit of a nuisance as the sound echoes round the room especially form the piazza where I can hear every word ( I may not understand it though) until the early hours

We cannot expect people to stop this enjoyable pastime but the hotel is charging £ 100 euro a night so maybe some better sound proofing would be in order.

Also after a very expensive refurbishment they have elected to have laminated flooring in the rooms and lovely thick pile carpets in the hallways and lounge.

WhY ? if the person above me is not on tippy toes its like being in a drum kit until they go to bed. Having said that the staff are wonderful and one gets the impression of being part of a family.

So would I come here again? Yes but not if I had to study for important exams like you are here for at the academy! which makes up most of the customers.

For a holiday yes but unfortunately I would have to pay more as the rate I suggested was the corporate rate for the course.

The restaurant is in my opinion deserving of its recommendations and I have enjoyed many an enjoyable meal there and as I said the staff are wonderful.

Room Tip: If you want to study chose a room overlooking the ally to the right when facing the river. If on ho...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Arakapas
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Very impressive hotel on the river Ticino at the end of the lake.
recently restored , offer a modern atmosphere. Family who is managing the Hotel is keeping you as a family member , and everytime ready to assist in any occasion. high level restorant with researched cuisine , tasty plate of sea and lake food.
wonderful appetitizer and meet.
Delicious dessert with economical prices.
Really one of teh best hotel where to stay .
the panorama of river its fantastic and relazing too much.
located in the center of teh city.
Very very well cleaned!
Must be visited .

Room Tip: ask with river view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2011

It may not be the closest hotel to Malpensa but it sits by the river in a nice small town , only 20 minutes away from Malpensa. It means that staying there you can enjoy your stay a little longer instead of just waiting for your flight. The hotel is very comfortable, reasonably priced and the staff is friendly. Many restaurants, bars and gelateria within 5 minutes walk.
Cons: No online reservation

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed here for a couple nights as a group of 6, the owner and staff were all very friendly, with great attention paid to ensuring our visit was enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was here for a month during a course at the AW facility and booked this place on the strength of other reviews. It really is excellent. The staff are great and the location perfect if you're visiting AW or the lakes. Rooms are heard to come by, so book early!!

Room Tip: Ask for something on the river side
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Arriving at the Tre Re hotel after travelling so far from Australia feels like home. The owners, staff are wonderful and welcoming and will go out of their way to help or assist with any request. The hotel has recently undergone a very nice renovation and on my last stay I had one of the most recent newly decorated rooms. A wonderful river front location just down the road from Arona and Lago Majorie, this classic lovely Italian village complete with its traditional piazza is as good as it gets. I thoroughly recomend it for business or pleasure, though be warned, located just down the road from the AgustaWestland Training Accademy, vacancies can be hard to get.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
#1 of 2 in Ranco
Hotel Giardino
Hotel Giardino
#2 of 7 in Arona

Been to Hotel Tre Re? Share your experiences!