Auberge de Carouge
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Encore Geneva(Carouge)(Great Value!)
US$172
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in May. The location is absolutely wonderful. The hotel itself is very simple but well kept and clean. Service was nice. The breakfast was the most disappointing aspect - it was exact same stuff every morning - not even minor variations. But overall I was happy with my stay and would choose it again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Auberge Communa... C, Manager at Auberge de Carouge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for staying with the Hotel Auberge Communale de Carouge. Apart from the breakfast we are happy you had a positive experience. The hotel was closed for about 4 month due to a massive restoration, renovation and refurbishment exercise and we will started to welcome guests again from the first week of October 2014 under a new management.

We now have an experienced Food and Beverage Manager and some really wonderful team members who have elevated the cuisine and service levels. The menu has been revised and we now have unique weekly specials.

If you are ever in the neighborhood again, I do hope that you will drop by and we look forward to hosting you again,

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for 2 nights ( visited for a conference), traveled from New Delhi, India.
(22-24th of May)

I mostly agree with the comments given by @lyricdude, except two things

1. Hotel staff is very nice and warm. They tried everything to make my stay comfortable. I asked for room-heater they gave it to me in 2 minutes.

2. Towels were clean - no problem at all.

3. The hotel is nicely located, very near to the city center / Geveva Lake, take tram-12 from right in-front of the hotel, and you can reach city center/lake in 20 minutes.

Hotel break-fast was very basic, so I did not try the lunch/dinner. There are many a good restaurants near this place.

4. They also gave me a free public-transport pass for my stay in Geneva. Excellent. I could go any where for no cost.

all in all good stay.

Not sure about value of money, I did not pay. Someone else paid on my behalf.

Room Tip: Avoid road facing rooms, the tram can be a disturbance for some people.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Puneet A

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for staying with the Hotel Auberge Communale de Carouge. We are happy you had a positive experience. The hotel was closed for 4 month due to a massive restoration, renovation and refurbishment exercise and we will started to welcome guests again from the first week of October 2014.

If you are ever in the neighborhood again, I do hope that you will drop by and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

What a disappointment!!! From the outside, it looks like a nice and cosy Auberge in the countryside. The hotel is very well located in the old city of Carouge, along the tramway line, it is easy to reach downtown Geneva. On paper it sounds nice. As you enter the building, this is where problems start. A rarely unfriendly welcome from the staff for greetings starts when you ask for the room that you booked. The rooms are basic, carpet is dirty, towels are "almost" clean, ,no shampoo and you have to beg to be granted with 1 piece of soap for two people. The "breakfast" is the climax of this bad experience. Tablecloth are not clean, not ironed. The "buffet" offers only the basics, and what is proposed is checked very carefully by the staff (to make sure that you do not take too much). You are granted 1 croissant per person - do not ask for a second one, you will be mistreated. No cooked breakfast, no fruits (if you ask for an orange or an apple, you are told that you have to bring your own…)no cereals, no choice of juice (only low quality orange), no mineral water...The price for this "less than 1 star" hotel is similar as any 2/3 start hotel downtown Geneva. Avoid going to this Auberge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank lyricdude

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Auberge Communale de Carouge. We are very sorry that you did not have a positive experience. The hotel was closed for about 4 month due to a massive restoration, renovation and refurbishment exercise and we will started to welcome guests again from the first week of October 2014 under a completely new management.

I sincerely apologize for the service you received under the other management. We now have an experienced Food and Beverage Manager and Front office Manager with also some great team members who have elevated the cuisine and service levels. The menu has been revised and we now have unique daily dish of the day.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

The room on 2nd floor had no fire alarm or evacuation instructions (old building, 2nd floor). The window had been left open and no heating on so we had to wear jumpers and socks in bed (duvet must have been....oh, at least 1 cm thick..). The breakfast was something else. Firstly, there was a flickering light bulb. When asked the waitress said she couldn't do anything about it, and promptly switched off the light. Breakfast (included) was a few slices of stale, cheap baguette, jam, and DIY beverages (except there was no hot water left). Didn't bother with that on the 2nd and 3rd days of our stay. Room was ok (we might have liked towels a bit bigger than hankies (or maybe they were the facecloths?)) and we might have liked shampoo etc.They "forgot" to give us the included tram ticket. Shutter didn't shut so woken at dawn. Best bit was the tram stop right outside so we could go somewhere else. I knw the poor exchange rate wasn't their fault but we did pay almost £600 for this dire hotel . Roll on the new Ibis planned for nearby!

Room Tip: Just don't go
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank grannybHertfordshire

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for staying with the Hotel Auberge Communale de Carouge. We are very sorry that you did not have a positive experience. The hotel was closed for 4 month due to a massive restoration, renovation and refurbishment exercise and we will started to welcome guests again from the first week of October 2014.

I sincerely apologize for the service you received during the other management. We now have an experienced Food and Beverage Manager and a Front Office Manager and great team members who have elevated the cuisine and service levels. The menu has been revised and we now have unique daily specials.

Reviewed 8 August 2010

This is really a restaurant with rooms. The ground floor restaurant is highly popular and has a big terrace out back. The building has a charming old frontage, much as the area of Carouge is famed for, this gives the impression of an old inn. However, the inside seems to be a modern characterless building from the 1970's. There rooms are small, but clean and functional. Furnishing is very simple, a bit like student accommodation. Best rooms are top floor at the back. Front rooms can be noisy when the trams start. Breakfast is also basic and service lacking (in contrast to the restaurant in the evening) Need a simple reasonably priced overnight location, this is fine. But would not suggest for much longer or for a vacation stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Cotswold1

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for staying with the Hotel Auberge Communale de Carouge. We are very sorry that you did not have a positive experience. The hotel was closed for 4 month due to a massive restoration, renovation and refurbishment exercise and we will started welcoming guests again from the first week of October 2014.

I sincerely apologize for the service you received during another management. We now have an experienced Food and Beverage Manager, Front Office Manager and a great team members who have elevated the cuisine and service levels. The menu has been revised and we now have unique daily specials.