“Beautiful, relaxing, peaceful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pie de la Cuesta
Hotel Villa Nirvana
Mexico City, Mexico
“Beautiful, relaxing, peaceful”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was my third time in Pie de la Cuesta and my first time at Hotel Villa Nirvana - but I'm never going to stay anywhere else! It's by far the best place I've stayed at. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and spacious. Value for money is excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself is gorgeous - stunning flowers and greenery everywhere. Pie de la Cuesta is the perfect beach if you're coming from Mexico City - cleaner and quieter than Acapulco, yet so convenient to get to, even by public transport. Despite the reputation of the area, I felt completely safe during my stay and journey to get there. I can't wait to go back to Pie de la Cuesta and stay at Hotel Villa Nirvana again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've just come back from my stay at this hotel and I have to say it has been the best beach holiday I've ever had. The owners and staff are friendly and welcoming, the hotel is stunning (all those beautiful flowers) and it's a clean, safe place despite the bad rep the area has. The beaches are beautiful and I would definitely go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Seeking a relaxing, quiet, affordable beachfront hotel near Acapulco? Look no further. Hotel Villa Nirvana was the perfect weekend escape from the madness of Mexico City, and a wonderful place to unwind.

Located about a 45 minute drive from the Acapulco Airport, you actually drive through the upscale hotel hell that is Acapulco on your way to Pie de la Cuesta. The owners are a wonderful couple that have been running the hotel for 12 years. They're friendly, cheerful, and always up for a bit of conversation.

I was in Mexico for work, and unfortunately had to do a little laptop time. The fast and reliable wifi network reached poolside, so I was able to work from the comfort of a hammock in the sun. Amazing!

I will be back!

Room Tip: My room was the most economical, and was thus a bit tucked away from natural light. I was in 5, and...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Braaains
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was my second times to stay in this amazing hotel !!! I was here five years ago as recommended by one of my friends. I miss Pie de la Cuesta and especially this hotel so much ... so I decided to come back to Mexico, and of course going back to stay in this hotel is one of my reasons !!!

This hotel offers 21 guest rooms, with or without ocean-view. The room I stayed this time is on the second floor, overlooking the ocean, with a hammock on the balcony. Room was spacious, with two twin beds, actually one bed can accommodate two people with two pillows! No air-conditioner though, I did't feel hot !

Restaurant/ Kitchen opens from morning until 6pm, usually I enjoyed a full breakfast with hotcakes, fruit platter and hot chocolate, and it lasted until around 2pm. Make sure that you try Club Nirvana Sandwiches !!! This is tasty, and thumb up !! You can have the drinks/beer/water from the fridge at any time, you then just simply mark down the quantity on the paper of your room number. Pamela would collect all the papers and check out !

Staff are just amazing great and friendly !!! Hotel owner Pamela and Daniel are a lovely couple from USA, Pamela loves green, so you find a lot of plants around the hotel area. If they are not busy, they love to chat with every guest to understand more about the world, history, different culture .... etc. And, you are a dog lover, you must fall in love with their two dogs: Canela and Shadow, they are so adorable, and treat you as friends !

Some of my friends asked me one question right before my trip to Mexico: Is there dangerous? My answer to them is NO. No matter Mexico City, bus ride to Taxco/ Acapulco, or even Pie de la Cuesta, I really think it is a safe place to travel !!! Of course you should pay attention every time you travel, especially money or valuables. I have been there twice, and luckily nothing happened to me! Mexicans are extremely friendly, even though we are not in a common language, but they try their best to offer help without hesitation ! They really impress me a lot.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who loves sun and beach, hammock, simple living of great value ! I really hope I will be here again someday to meet all friendly faces !!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cocoalourdes
D.F., Mexico
Reviewed 3 October 2013

If you´re looking for a calm, quiet place to relax during a puente, this is it. Villa Nirvana is clean and colorful, with a beautiful view of the ocean. The inside portion of the hotel contains a colorful, tiled patio for eating as well as a pool, and the outside portion of the hotel has a palapa with hammocks. A friend introduced me to Villa Nirvana about three years ago, and I have gone back regularly ever since. Pamela and Daniel love their hotel, and they always make sure that you enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Las habitaciones que miran hacía el mar son las mejores.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Noelle888
Perth
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We arrived after a long journey and were warmly welcomed by this wonderful couple. They made us feel right at home and showed us to a lovely large and clean room which was beautifully decorated. The hotel is right on the beach where you can enjoy horse rides, sunsets and lots of restaurants selling fresh seafood dishes. We had heard all sorts of bad things about Mexico being dangerous but have not experienced anything of the like. I would highly recommend coming here. Oh yes, did I mention the delicious freshly baked muffins that come with breakfast? Just delightful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Molly331
Acapulco, Mexico
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We have stayed in the Pie de las Cuesta area several times over the last 2 years. We found this hotel to be the best. The owners, Daniel and Pamela are most accomodating and they have continued to maintain this hotel - which is probably not an easy task- considering how close it is to the ocean and the effect the salt water and humidity has on everything. They and their staff helped to make our visit very pleasant. The rooms were spacious with comfortable beds and furniture. The food was very good and quite reasonable. We appreciated the 24 hour security staff and the pool was clean and refreshing. We felt safe and really enjoyed our stay here. I hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor-back from the ocean- we had the breeze from the ocean- the fans worked gr...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Montanadreaming10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pie de la Cuesta
Hotel Barraco
#65 of 178 in Acapulco
Banyan Tree Cabo Marques
Banyan Tree Cabo Marques
#2 of 178 in Acapulco

Been to Hotel Villa Nirvana? Share your experiences!