“Kicking Back at Casa La Ventana”
Review of Casa La Ventana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boca de Tomatlan
Casa La Ventana
Reviewed 28 November 2013

If you're looking to spend some time in a beautiful setting that is off the beaten track not overloaded with tourists and countless vendors mercilessly hustling you, visiting Casa La Ventana in Boca de Tomatlan may be just the ticket. Even the few vendors that did approach us were really nice and offered some really good stuff. You'll stay fit walking up the trail and the stairs to the Casa and it's well worth the walk to get there. The accommodations are absolutely first rate, the surroundings magical and the hospitality and wonderful breakfasts offered in the "Tree House" by the Owner, Christina Martell exceptional. Our stay was all too short and we didn't get to take advantage of the multiple recreational opportunities available in Boca, but we did get to enjoy excellent massages in the Tree House by the highly skilled practitioner that Christina has recruited. Casa la Ventana is also close to the amazing Botanical Gardens which features a restaurant as enjoyable as the botanical wonders that surround the trails that wind through the gardens. We can hardly wait for a return visit which will be much longer next time around.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank William S

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We loved Case La Ventana. When we arrived in Boca, we met by one of the staff of Casa La Ventana. Chapa welcomed us with a big smile, and helped us with the bag, because the B&B right up on the hill with a beautiful environment, the view is just AMAZING. When we arrived at the Casa, Christina welcomed us, and gave us some useful information in the area. We were shocked at the place, because it offers you a lot of things. We have to say our stay at Casa La Ventana was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable vacations ever.The village is situated on a lovely bay, and is a short boat ride to many other gorgeous, quiet, palm shrouded beaches. We had dinner in one of the small restaurant down at the beach, also recommended, but coffee and a sweet bread were waiting outside our door when we woke up the next morning. After coffee, breakfast was served upstairs in the "Tree House" where we had a little chat with Christina and watching life in the village below. If you are wondering to hide somewhere from the public and the troubles for a while and just enjoy the life as it should be, pieceful and beautiful landscape, great food, excellent service and a really quiet accommodation with a very happy and friendly people, I guarantee this is the place that you are looking for. It is such a pleasure to watch the sun rise over these green hills in the morning, and listen as the sleepy village begins a new day - while sipping a cup of coffee from your private patio. Christina makes sure that anything you require is possible at Casa La Ventana. This was one vacation we will never forget, and we will return again for sure. To be pampered in paradise by Christina is a must taken journey. We highly reccommend Casa La Ventana to anyone seeking a true, relaxing Mexican vacation for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: I would recommend the La montana room, the view is amazing, quiet, so bright, and for a couple it`s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomi214
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We love CASA LA VENTANA. It is a nice and charming place, with great service and Christina is a fabulous host that goes above and beyond to make you feel like home.
If you're looking for a nice B&B with a beautiful environment, CASA LA VENTANA is the right place for you... We always have an amazing time when staying at this little bit of heaven.
JJ and Ivan.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank JJBZ3
Reviewed 9 October 2013

When I arrived in Boca de Tomatlan, I was met by one of the staff of Casa La Ventana. Chapa was there with a warm smile and friendly 'hola' while he hefted my heavy bag on to his shoulder and said follow me. When we reached the Casa, the owner, Christina Martell was there to greet me and give me the 'grand' tour of her beautiful Bread and Breakfast.and get me settled in my room.

My stay at Casa La Ventana was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable vacations I've ever had. My room was delightful; clean, well decorated and with a lovely private patio for reading and just hanging out. Coffee and a sweet bread were waiting outside my door when I awoke the next morning. After coffee, breakfast was served upstairs in the "Tree House" where we sat chating and watching life in the village below.

My days were spent wandering the hiking trails, getting to know the local folk down at the beach, kayaking, swimming and relaxing. Christina offered up many choices for additional activites and was a fun and gracious host. Christina makes sure that anything you require is possible at Casa La Ventana. She is accommodating in all ways and is an icon in the community. It was not difficult to see that she is very well respected.

My stay included spending a Sunday there, and I couldn't believe my eyes when all of a sudden there were what seemed to be an army of children in swimsuits at the gate. Christina explained to me this was one of her 'many' ways to pay back the community. She opens up her swimming pool to the local children for an hour and a half every Sunday. She told me one day she had 28 children. What a wonderful gift! That afternoon is one of my most precious memories. I spent many hours in and around that pool!

The gardens are spectacular and I wandered through them watching the dogs play and the birds and butterflies spreading their wings in flight. There was one particular tree full of Iguanas, lazying in the sun. Big massive bodies with long tails. I got some wonderful photos to take home with me.

This was one vacation I will never forget, and I will return again. To be pampered in paradise by Christina Martell is a journey worth taking. I highty reccommend Casa La Ventana to anyone seeking a true, relaxing Mexican vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large and sunny with private patios
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We recently arrived home from our latest visit to Casa la Ventana - this is our fourth visit, and the place just keeps getting better!

Obviously, this is the ideal place to vacation, or we would not keep returning. Let me tell you why: it is the best of Mexico. The pueblo of Boca de Tomatlán is apart from the hustle and bustle of the large tourist centers, and here you can experience a simple, traditional Mexican town, yet stay in comfort. The town is situated on a lovely bay, and is a short boat ride to many other gorgeous, quiet, palm shrouded beaches.

Casa la Ventana is the ideal place to stay when vacationing in Boca, as it is situated on a hillside with a lovely view of the bay to the west, and the steep hills, shrouded by the jungle, to the east. It is such a pleasure to watch the sun rise over these green hills in the morning, and listen as the sleepy village begins a new day - while sipping a cup of coffee from your private patio.

A recent addition to Casa la Ventana is a swimming pool. Originally, I did not think this necessary, what with the ocean close by. However, after a week enjoying this refreshing amenity, I am sold! This, in addition to the lovely, comfortable rooms, delicious breakfasts, kayaks ready for use, and Christina, the onsite owner, that is willing to assist you in whatever your needs are, makes Casa la Ventana the perfect destination.

My husband and I now feel that Casa la Ventana is our “home” in Mexico - Christina is the most gracious and accomodating hostess we have ever experienced. She is full of ideas of fun things to do and places to go, but if you are feeling more like just taking it easy by resting in the hammocks on the patio, or down by the pool......well, that is exactly what we did this time. As we came during the rainy season, our excitement for the day was to watch the clouds roll in, followed by awesome thunder and lightning, and thunderous rain. But you will have to visit in rainy season to experience this!

It is sooooo hard to come home after the lovely time we had in Boca at Casa la Ventana - guess that’s why we keep coming back! Oh, and did I mention the tree that is full of iguanas, including a golden one? Or the tacos that Victoria makes - el mejor en México? And the fruit man, who every day gave me samples of the best mangos, avocados and watermelon?

We never tire of Boca -the kind and friendly people, the beautiful jungle scenery bordering on the ocean, the delicious local food, and the warmth and elegance of Casa la Ventana.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Katie R
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This visit was my third time visiting Christina at Casa La Ventana and it keeps getting better and better! I went later in the Spring this time, late April, and the weather was perfect. The Casa is of a beautiful architectural design similar to that of a tree house. The rooms are spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Following morning coffee delivered to your room is a delightful breakfast in the tree house. I was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful new pool and the beach, sample all the delicious local food, and get to know some of the local people of Boca and practice my Spanish. Everyone is so friendly! Plan to return soon, hopefully this fall.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We just loved staying at Casa La Ventana in the slightly quirkly mexican village of Boca. Christina & Don were just wonderful hosts and always helpful. We loved swimming in the tiled pool and hanging out on the palapa patio. This hacienda is great place to truly relax and enjoy the lush scenery that is Boca. We took day trips to PV Botanical Gardens (just lovely) and to El Tuito (Mario's Patio is a MUST) and easily and cheaply got to both via buses. I would highly recomend staying at Casa La Ventana, enjoying the small town feel of Boca, and having a lovely Mexican Vacation as we did. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta...
#9 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#3 of 4 in Yelapa

Been to Casa La Ventana? Share your experiences!