“I wouldn't bother staying in Vallarta if I were you....”
Review of Casa de Piedra

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boca de Tomatlan
Casa de Piedra
Medicine Hat, Canada
“I wouldn't bother staying in Vallarta if I were you....”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My friend and I were so glad that we chose Casa de Piedra in Boca de Tomatlan for our 10 day stay. We didn't want to be in the middle of the city and Boca was the answer - very laid back, relaxed, friendly...you get to know the store-owners and restaurant-owners by name....quiet and calm...exactly what we were looking for. The only disturbance was from the roosters and dogs but even they grew on us after a short time and we missed them when we went home! Hiking was great to some fabulous, empty and pristine beaches. The beach at Boca is beautiful and clean and we enjoyed watching the families swim in both the ocean and the river, which runs right into it. Delfines was our favourite restaurant and we felt we deserved our meal after walking up, up, up the hill. The bus ride into Puerto Vallarta was only 30 minutes and ridiculously cheap. We loved going there for the shopping, restaurants, sights and then coming home to our cozy getaway in Boca. Check out snorkeling with Karla. Bob and Sue know all the places to go, eat, see, etc. and were awesome hosts. Bob is a hoot and a terrific tease and he and Sue do and wonderful job of making you feel welcome. Breakfasts were included and very nice. I particularly appreciated how clean our cozy unit was and the beds were super comfortable. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We were invited to go spend a few days in Boca with friends. Our friends were staying at Casa De Piedra. It was a spontaneous decision and by the time we committed, Bob and Sue were booked to capacity. We were able to find a nice place to stay, but we found ourselves spending a lot of time at Case De Piedra! Bob and Sue made us feel welcome the entire time! We were invited once for breakfast and once for dinner! They make a fantastic meal!! Bob took us to go zip lining-he had to make two trips because there were two families with kids! On the last night he drove us all to a fantastic, family run, restaurant just up the hill that we would have never known about. Next time we visit, we will make sure to wait until Bob and Sue have room for us!! They have an amazing property. It is so comfortable and cozy! They have thought of so many small "extras" to really make it a great experience! Thanks, Bob and Sue, for your unconditional, welcoming hospitality!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at Casa de Piedra for 2 weeks, on our first vacation in years. We had heard very good things about the B&B (and Boca!) from my relatives who stay in the village every year, and our expectations were met, and exceeded! We loved Casa de Piedra, and Bob and Sue made us feel comfortable and at home right off the bat. Our room (Luna) was perfect, with beautiful design/masonry done by a local builder/artist. We enjoyed having the kitchenette, as we liked to cook at least one meal a day in-house to help save money. Bob and Sue go out of their way to offer a hot breakfast, which was always delicious, and especially nice for us to have more options than toast, etc as we are on a gluten-free diet. (Although not being gluten-free is likely preferable so you can eat Bob's delicious blueberry pancakes!)

Even though the Casa is really conveniently close to the restaurants, beach, and roads, when you are in the courtyard with its lush gardens, it feels very private and relaxing. There are little 'nooks' to sit outside and enjoy reading a book, or you can go for a refreshing dip in the pool. Bob and Sue went above and beyond as hosts, including organizing a birthday party for my partner (with pinata and serenading children), a 'sunset cruise', and 'the night of 100 candles!!'. The latter was a really nice night where 100 candles were lit in the evening, which made for an enchanting atmosphere while we feasted, drank and played some music with the whole group of guests.

The whole trip was a much-needed warm and relaxing getaway, and I am sure that the romantic ambience of Casa de Piedra contributed to the fact that my partner and I got engaged during our trip! We miss our time there already, and would definitely return again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Casa de Piedra is a beautiful place set in sleepy Boca de Tomatlan. Bob and Sue are wonderful hosts. Breakfast each morning was a gourmet treat of fresh fruit and a delicious entree. Bob and Sue treat you like family and make sure you enjoy your stay no matter where your interest lie. The rooms are spacious and clean, the courtyard is a beautiful garden setting with pool. Access is easy compared to other B&Bs in the area. We came for 4 days and sadly left after 8. Bob and Sue have a little slice of heaven here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J-n-C_Waldo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Bob and Sue were wonderful hosts for this quaint Bed & Breakfast. We live in San Diego, and we were looking for an easy vacation destination for our family (kids 6 and 10). The town is a peaceful little fishing village and you won't find the loud rambunctious vacationers, but rather a fair amount of people looking to relax and enjoy some quiet time at a perfect seaside destination.

I was sick with a sinus infection and I felt terrible. Bob and Sue went out of their way to help my family, and my son was happy as Bob made things with him and Sue ran to the pharmacy for me. They arranged boat rides, zip line tours, and a fantastic breakfast every day.

We had friends who also stayed in another B&B since ours was full. I noticed how much I enjoyed having breakfast included, the rooms cleaned every day, and others to socialize with. I also appreciated the gated courtyard with a small pool and ping pong. I could relax "at home" with my wife playing backgammon while the kids were entertained with ping pong or the pool.

I used ear plugs as the towns dogs and roosters make lots of random noise throughout the night, but that's just adds to the character of Mexico.

The town felt safe, the food was great, and the beach was perfect! This location would be perfect with or without kids. Take a boat ride to a secluded empty beach and enjoy! We will be back.

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our second Wonderful stay at the Fabulous Casa De Piedra. This time the two weeks flew by.
Our fantastic hosts Sue and Bob Berndt made sure our stay was special. The breakfasts were top notch, they catered a full English Breakfast although a lighter meal is also available. We spent the days travelling to Puerto Vallarta, and the Botanical Garden by the 8 peso bus, relaxing at the beach, but the best is the time spent swinging in the hammock or lazing around the pool at the Casa de Piedra. The time spent interacting with the other guests and the folks who live in Boca de Tomatlan makes the whole time in Mexico a special experience. And do ask Bob to arrange a Sunset Cruise along the coast for you. A night to remember.

Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is our favorite place to stay in Boca. It's a convenient location, lovely surroundings and very accommodating hosts. Our apartment was very clean and well equipped for our stay. Sue thinks of everything! The bed was so comfortable and we enjoyed the library in the entertainment room! Breakfasts are so much fun--the food is excellent and the company of our hosts and other guests was a great way to get the day started. Bob and Sue went out of their way to help us make connections for activities in Puerto Vallarta and Bob spent most of a day helping us get emergency medical care for a chronic health issue. We've already made next year's reservations! Bob and Sue, their dogs, Sugar, Spice, Lucy and Dinky, are like family and we look forward to spending time with them again next year!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#87 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa

Been to Casa de Piedra? Share your experiences!