We opened the season earlier in March this year and travelled there with my wife and our 12-month old baby. 6 days stay. From the booking stage Meleana demonstrated excellence by answering all our special needs and we had quite a few queries related to our 12 months old baby.
Shaun's greeting was much appreciated as soon as we landed and he took care of us right away. Chef Arie cooked delightful meals that our baby enjoyed like never before. Our meals were exceptional and we were looking for this food experience.The entire staff was professional, helpful, dedicated and we felt strongly supported in all ways.
The room was spacious, extra clean, baby bed included with all the furniture. Everything was tailored to our needs beyond our expectations.
Baby sitting was available and we took advantage of it so we could enjoy snorkelling and diving at the outer reef. I wanted to go back diving at the reef and Shaun managed to charter the boat with other guests on my last day, I still have awesome memories from my dives and the trip. Dive staff was outstanding. It was just me and the dive master diving on that morning on the reef. We saw reef sharks, a turtle and amazing reef life.
I wish we could have stayed more. We travelled half the work to end up on Orpheus and it worth every dollar. I wish we could go again, what a perfect vacation. I will definitely reconsider a visit if the opportunity arises.
Thank you Shaun and the entire staff for our memorable stay. You kept us away from our too busy live during this stay, this is what we were looking for and it happened without we could even notice it. Our baby is now 18 months old, learnt walking down under and surely thanks everyone of you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orpheus is very much a secret to the outside world, a rare island hideaway of exceptional beauty!Located just 80km north of Townsville, amidst the magical waters of the Great Barrier Reef, the island stretches across 11km of immaculate turquoise coastline, and comprises of a pristine National Park and surrounding World Heritage-listed Marine Park. Access is either via a 25 minute helicopter journey from Townsville, or an hour journey from Cairns. The newly renovated lodge accommodates just 34 indulged guests at any one time, ensuring absolute seclusion and serenity! Offering the ultimate romantic escape, a luxurious family getaway, unique outdoorsy experiences, or booked in its entirety for exclusive use, Orpheus is emerging as the ‘new’ undiscovered tropical destination on Australia’s doorstep. Orpheus boasts a plethora of once in a lifetime experiences! Its principal dive sites boast 1,100 of the 1,500 species of fish on the reef; the local waters are a fisherman's playground and home to the most sought after reef and game fish species in the world; and guests can take the helm of a dingy and discover the many pristine coves and reefs that fringe Orpheus. Alternatively, Orpheus provides the perfect backdrop for a more private interlude if guests wish to simply shut off from the outside world and succumb to the pleasure of a unique aboriginal-inspired massage. Accommodation rates are inclusive of all gourmet meals, celebrating a bounty of locally-sourced, wholesome and freshly caught and grown seasonal delights, a selection of regional wines and beers, a daily nature-based experience, and the island’s signature ‘Dining with the Tides’ experience which allows guests to enjoy an intimate dinner for two under a starlit canopy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Orpheus Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orpheus Island Hotel Orpheus Island
- Orpheus Island Resort All Inclusive