“It was like staying with family!”

Blue Marlin Beach Resort
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay to get a taste of true Belizean life. Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating. Patu, the dive master, was fabulous. I look forward to bringing my family for many years to come!!!

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We just returned from a lovely week at the Blue Marlin and had a lovely time overall. But specifically about the diving, I want to congratulate Mr. Patu for taking over the dive shop and doing a really great job. Not everyone in my family dives, so it was great that I could go out in the morning and literally be diving within 10 mins of leaving the dock. The diving was spectacular, and then I could be back in time for a great lunch with the family at the resort. My daughter did a resort dive course (one on one) and went on two dives with us..Most of our dives were with 4 people or less. I wore a shorty but didn't really need to, the water was plenty warm.

Room Tip: Our cabin was 25 feet from the water, and had a hammock on the front porch. It was quiet and I coul...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank eahuson
Reviewed 12 January 2014

South Water Caye (SWC) is a wonderful caye to visit and stay on if you want a great springboard for diving, snorkeling and fishing. We stayed at BMR which sits on the north side of the island. The staff was amazing and very accommodating and it was nice to relax and BMR had a ton of chairs/hammocks/space. We took advantage of the snorkeling but since we are not divers/ fishers, we felt maybe for our experience doing an island hop would have worked better for us.

Room Tip: SWC is a very small island so obviously limited options in terms of land exploring/ top side activit...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy R
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a beautiful 3 night stay at the Blue Marlin. The cabin was beautiful, very clean and the grounds were spectacular. The beach is well-maintained; the area immediately in front of Blue Marlin is more for viewing the ocean than for swimming. The walk in beach is about 5 minutes away but that poses no problem. We loved the quiet and very mellow atmosphere.
The food was outstanding; they were very accommodating of us as vegetarians.
I read prior reviews with variable experiences with dive masters; we had a similar problem as described with the now-departed Carlos. My main advice would be to be certain to get one of the more experienced boat captains. Ours (we only snorkeled) was fine on 2 days but extremely careless on the third. With this caution, I would highly recommend the Blue Marlin.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Experience an isolated island in a marine preserve with the comforts of home cooked meals, rum drinks on the dock & world class scuba/snorkeling. Add the friendliest staff imaginable at this family-run resort, and what's not to like? We spent a week there and could easily have stayed another.

Room Tip: Ask for the beach cottages...the private porch and hammock are worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I wanted to make my wifes birthday a special time while I was visiting Belize. We were to charter a boat and I knew we would visit South Water Caye. I e-mailed Carlene and she arranged our dinner a month away from our arrival date. When we arrived at South Water the weather would not allow us to anchor at Blue Marlin but at Twin Caye about 3/4 mile away. We did find transportation to Blue Marlin Lodge to find that Mariel and her staff had arranged the perfect romantic dinner for two. Secluded on a side deck outside was a beautifly set table. The service was over the top. The meal was absolutly delicious. The true warmth and care that the entire staff of Blue Marlin Lodge showed my wife and I really made us feel special. My wife has a memory she will treasure forever thanks to Blue Marlin Lodge.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iskagua
Blue Marlin R, Director of Sales at Blue Marlin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your memorable dinner experience at Blue Resort. It was our pleasure to host you and your wife on her special day, and are honored to be included in her cherished birthday memories celebrated in Belize! Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas and All the Best for 2014!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The view is spectacular, The staff are amazing. Definitely going back. Scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing. Next time back I plan on bringing my two daughters. Visit the neighboring islands for a special treat.

Room Tip: The room are not luxurious, but its a small island resort. If you plan on spending time in your room...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gilbm7587
marlinbelize, Manager at Blue Marlin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Blue Marlin Resort. We look forward to hosting you on a future trip with your two daughters.

Hoping that you have additional photos of the spectacular views of the island and reef. Please note the picture you posted is of staff quarters and not of guest accommodations.

Thank you for choosing Blue Marlin Resort for your stay on South Water Caye and we look forward to hosting you once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Water Caye
Thatch Caye Resort
#2 of 2 in Coco Plum Cay
Belize Ocean Club Adventure Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Blue Marlin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!