“Couldn't be happier!”

Blue Marlin Beach Resort
stevens point
“Couldn't be happier!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After years of traveling to remote locations, we feel we hit the jackpot. Awesome food and accommodations, the real treasure was the staff. Friendly and totally accommodating, they all seemed to be treated with respect by management. Special kudos to Stacy and dive master Patu. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank hurricanecarlie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay to get a taste of true Belizean life. Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating. Patu, the dive master, was fabulous. I look forward to bringing my family for many years to come!!!

• Stayed January 2014
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We just returned from a lovely week at the Blue Marlin and had a lovely time overall. But specifically about the diving, I want to congratulate Mr. Patu for taking over the dive shop and doing a really great job. Not everyone in my family dives, so it was great that I could go out in the morning and literally be diving within 10 mins of leaving the dock. The diving was spectacular, and then I could be back in time for a great lunch with the family at the resort. My daughter did a resort dive course (one on one) and went on two dives with us..Most of our dives were with 4 people or less. I wore a shorty but didn't really need to, the water was plenty warm.

Room Tip: Our cabin was 25 feet from the water, and had a hammock on the front porch. It was quiet and I coul...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank eahuson
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

South Water Caye (SWC) is a wonderful caye to visit and stay on if you want a great springboard for diving, snorkeling and fishing. We stayed at BMR which sits on the north side of the island. The staff was amazing and very accommodating and it was nice to relax and BMR had a ton of chairs/hammocks/space. We took advantage of the snorkeling but since we are not divers/ fishers, we felt maybe for our experience doing an island hop would have worked better for us.

Room Tip: SWC is a very small island so obviously limited options in terms of land exploring/ top side activit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy R
portland, or
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a beautiful 3 night stay at the Blue Marlin. The cabin was beautiful, very clean and the grounds were spectacular. The beach is well-maintained; the area immediately in front of Blue Marlin is more for viewing the ocean than for swimming. The walk in beach is about 5 minutes away but that poses no problem. We loved the quiet and very mellow atmosphere.
The food was outstanding; they were very accommodating of us as vegetarians.
I read prior reviews with variable experiences with dive masters; we had a similar problem as described with the now-departed Carlos. My main advice would be to be certain to get one of the more experienced boat captains. Ours (we only snorkeled) was fine on 2 days but extremely careless on the third. With this caution, I would highly recommend the Blue Marlin.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Experience an isolated island in a marine preserve with the comforts of home cooked meals, rum drinks on the dock & world class scuba/snorkeling. Add the friendliest staff imaginable at this family-run resort, and what's not to like? We spent a week there and could easily have stayed another.

Room Tip: Ask for the beach cottages...the private porch and hammock are worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I wanted to make my wifes birthday a special time while I was visiting Belize. We were to charter a boat and I knew we would visit South Water Caye. I e-mailed Carlene and she arranged our dinner a month away from our arrival date. When we arrived at South Water the weather would not allow us to anchor at Blue Marlin but at Twin Caye about 3/4 mile away. We did find transportation to Blue Marlin Lodge to find that Mariel and her staff had arranged the perfect romantic dinner for two. Secluded on a side deck outside was a beautifly set table. The service was over the top. The meal was absolutly delicious. The true warmth and care that the entire staff of Blue Marlin Lodge showed my wife and I really made us feel special. My wife has a memory she will treasure forever thanks to Blue Marlin Lodge.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Iskagua
Blue Marlin R, Director of Sales at Blue Marlin Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your memorable dinner experience at Blue Resort. It was our pleasure to host you and your wife on her special day, and are honored to be included in her cherished birthday memories celebrated in Belize! Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas and All the Best for 2014!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Water Caye
#2 of 11 in Hopkins
Belize Ocean Club Resort
Belize Ocean Club Resort
#4 of 19 in Placencia

Been to Blue Marlin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!