I have stayed in Neiderbronn on business numerous times but have never got around to writing TA report before. As this time around I stayed at the Mercure for 3 nights I thought I would write one now.
Essentially there are 2 main hotels in Neiderbronn the Mercure and the Muller, both are at opposite ends of the town and I would characterise the Mercure as a business Hotel and the Muller as a Leisure one. There are also a couple more smaller hotels associate with the many restaurants in the town.
The Mercure was renovated around 8-10 years and all the rooms are now fitted out with decent amenities (Flat Screen TV with BBC World, Free Wifi, Tea and Coffee, and fridge). I have always found the room to be spotlessly clean and well maintained. However I did find my room VERY cold when I arrived as it was only heated by an electric AC/Heater combo which takes a while to warm the large room up.
The hotel does not have a restaurant but does have some associations with the casino restaurant just across the large (free) car park in front of the Hotel. Breakfast in the hotel is typically French, but there is a good selection including local pastries.
If you do fancy a taste of local food (Tarte Flambe) the evening I recommend the Caveau de l'Etable, which is a short walk from the hotel, but like most places in Neiderbronn, not open on a Monday!
The Hotel does offer room service food but this stops at 10pm, so if like me, you arrive at the hotel late then all the food available is snacks and drinks from a vending machine in the hotel stairway (this is the type of things that used to be in the mini bars, but I guess its easier to keep this stocked).
There is a bar but it is not the most inviting place, unless you are there with colleagues. The receptionists double as bar staff so you have to ask them to leave reception to serve you. Having said that though I did find the reception staff very helpful with helping me check my return flights and printing off a boarding pass.
No Doubt I will find myself in the Mercure again in the not too distant future….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 59 rooms. 3 star hotel located in the Vosges Natural park, 200 m from Niederbronn city center and its huge Casino complex featuring 185 slot machines, 3 French roulette tables, 3 English roulette tables, 2 Black-Jack tables, 1 Stud poker table, 3 restaurants, 1 multimedia room (80 pers) and 2 meeting rooms accommodating up to 40 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Hotel Filippo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Niederbronn Les Bains
- Grand Hotel Filippo Niederbronn-Les-Bains, France - Alsace