“Part of the Casino”

Grand Hotel Filippo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
NorthLincs
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have stayed in Neiderbronn on business numerous times but have never got around to writing TA report before. As this time around I stayed at the Mercure for 3 nights I thought I would write one now.

Essentially there are 2 main hotels in Neiderbronn the Mercure and the Muller, both are at opposite ends of the town and I would characterise the Mercure as a business Hotel and the Muller as a Leisure one. There are also a couple more smaller hotels associate with the many restaurants in the town.

The Mercure was renovated around 8-10 years and all the rooms are now fitted out with decent amenities (Flat Screen TV with BBC World, Free Wifi, Tea and Coffee, and fridge). I have always found the room to be spotlessly clean and well maintained. However I did find my room VERY cold when I arrived as it was only heated by an electric AC/Heater combo which takes a while to warm the large room up.

The hotel does not have a restaurant but does have some associations with the casino restaurant just across the large (free) car park in front of the Hotel. Breakfast in the hotel is typically French, but there is a good selection including local pastries.

If you do fancy a taste of local food (Tarte Flambe) the evening I recommend the Caveau de l'Etable, which is a short walk from the hotel, but like most places in Neiderbronn, not open on a Monday!

The Hotel does offer room service food but this stops at 10pm, so if like me, you arrive at the hotel late then all the food available is snacks and drinks from a vending machine in the hotel stairway (this is the type of things that used to be in the mini bars, but I guess its easier to keep this stocked).

There is a bar but it is not the most inviting place, unless you are there with colleagues. The receptionists double as bar staff so you have to ask them to leave reception to serve you. Having said that though I did find the reception staff very helpful with helping me check my return flights and printing off a boarding pass.

No Doubt I will find myself in the Mercure again in the not too distant future….

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the Hotel then the Church over the road wont wake you up early if you...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HumberBridgers
NADIA G, Responsable hébergement at Grand Hotel Filippo, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed it and everything related to.

We will maintain our efforts to ensure that the services we bring you will be the best as we can.

Guidemann Nadia
Accomodation manager
IL
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Location – Niederbronn-Les-Bains is a lovely small town. Great place to stay if you're travelling in the area, or for business.

Breakfast - Not a big variety, but everything is fresh (Mainly the great Baguette!) and more than enough.

Hotel and Room – Seems a bit out of date, but clean.

Dinning - Not available at the hotel, but 5 minutes walk to the local casino, there's a nice restaurant and bar. There are other dining options, but you'll probably need a car.

One additional remark - If you're not early birds, you might "jump" from the church bell in the morning.

Bottom line – I'd recommend as a stopover, or for business travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
NADIA G, Accomodation Manager at Grand Hotel Filippo, responded to this review, 7 January 2014

Staffordshire
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed here for one night last week. I'd already been prompted that the restaurant was down the road in the Casino so wasn't annoyed on arrival.

The room was huge, clean and very comfortable. The staff were great and the breakfast was all you can eat (not that much in my case so it worked out expensive!).

No food for evening meal was a pain in the backside......I'd driven 450 miles to get here and was shattered. Luckily, the person that prompted me about the lack of food also told me of a great place to eat only a very short walk away.

They really do need food on site but other than that it's an amazing hotel in a stunning town.

Room Tip: Eat at L'Agneau d'Or just a very short walk away - turn right out of the main gate to the ca...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
NADIA G, accomodation manager at Grand Hotel Filippo, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and everything related to it. in fact we do not have restaurant inside of the hotel and we are sorry for not giving you satisfaction about this point.

Guidemann nadia
accommodation manager
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

From the moment we first walked in to the moment we paid the bill the service was excellent.
The reception staff were all very friendly and polite.
The room was very clean and comfortable and nicely furnished. A great selection of toiletries are provided in the bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities are provided and there is a small fridge.
The breakfast, served in a very pleasant dining area is buffet style and offers a great choice of both hot and cold food as well as a good selection of drinks. There are no dining facilities in the evening but we did try the restaurant at the Casino ( 5 minutes walk up the street) and enjoyed a pleasant, reasonably priced meal.
Free WiFi is good and fast.
Plenty of free, secure parking on site. The hotel is very close to the centre of this pretty little village.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tilly S
Aarau, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The hotel was clean, the room was big enough and bathroom small but clean. Although it was clean you can see that you were allowed to smoke in this hotel. Burn marks of cigarettes in the carpet and the smell is still there... We did not try the breakfast in he hotel as you have some opportunities outside in the village. Crew was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niederbronn-Les-Bains
Hotel Du Parc
Auberge du Cheval Blanc
Hotel K
Hotel K
#1 of 1 in Baerenthal

Been to Grand Hotel Filippo? Share your experiences!