“Not for me”

Dining options: After-hours
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not for me”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The woman who worked there was very friendly! The food is just not my thing. A lot of jerk and curry. If your looking for authentic Caymanian food, this is it.

Visited May 2014

Kansas City, MO
“Love this place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was closed this time for renovations, but went there in 2012. Fast, yummy and cheap (for Cayman).

Visited July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

After a fantastic day at the beach we decided we were in the mood for some local fried fish. I ordered the fried grouper and my partner ordered the brown stew fish. Both were terrible. It took two minutes to retrieve our order from the kitchen. The fish was not brown but white and cold like it's been in the fridge! Yuck. The best thing was the rice and beans. I fed most to the bird who flew away as quickly as possible. The brown stew fish was equally as disgusting. Was I expecting gourmet food. No. But I was expecting edible food. I work in restaurants and have traveled to multiple islands. I had alot better fish out of a shack with no walls as compared to this place. I strongly do not recommend this place for people or animals.

1 Thank WorldWonder1984
Brooklyn, New York
“Where's my rice and beans!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were very excited to visit Chester's, but left underwhelmed. Jerk pork was very mediocre--out of rice and beans, so we were given white rice. Order of plantains netted 4 small slices total. Fry Snapper was better, and I imagine other fish options would be the way to go. Loved the decor and service was good.

Visited June 2014
Kalamazoo
“Good selection of local food.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Went two times, liked the bbq. chicken, also the jerk chicken. Had plantains and bread fruit for the first time, very good. Good deserts!

Visited February 2014