“Too bad this was only a day trip.”

Seaside Paradise Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Bodden Town
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small beachfront restaurant with some of the best local food we have ever eaten. The lady who runs and the restarant and cooks all the food we are told is the former chef for The Edge which was washed away during the hurricane. Food was amazing and she is is lovely and even explained some of her dishes which were not familiar to us.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Last week while on a Carnival cruise, one of our scheduled stop led us to Grand Cayman. As we reached the shore someone highly recommended Seaside Paradise for their local dishes. Talk about hidden gem! I don't typically eat seafood, but the Mahi-Mahi made me a believer. The conch fritters were so good they made you "wanna smack your mama!" The bar has been raised. My only regret is that we were only on the island for a few hours, I would've really loved to try other dishes. I guess I'll have to make a special trip...

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Parking is limited so we parked down by the church and walked back up to the restaurant. They do a wonderful turtle stew. The flavours are just a wonderful experience for the tastebuds. The turtle meat is commercially produced at the Cayman Grand Turtle farm.

As the weather is often good in Cayman, we opted to eat next to the seashore. The view is spectacular, and went along well with their dishes. I would recommend that you inquire what is fresh and in season, as this is what makes this place a real gem of a find.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I'm not sure where I read about this place but it was great. We stopped for lunch on the day we flew in. You could literally miss it. It's located in the center of Boddentown on the way up to the East End on the right. It's next to a DVD store and we weren't even sure it was the right place when we got there. You walk into an empty storefront with a counter and it seems like you are in someones's house. You can sit out back on picnic tables or on the beach and it's a great view. The food was reasonable and really good. We shared a pork stew that came with rice and beans, cole slaw, and plantains. It was great and we were told that they make the best conch fritters on the island. We stopped by on our last day to try them and they were right. They were excellent. Made fresh right in front of us and the cook actually came out to show us what the conch looks like when it is pulled from the shell. We got four really large fritters and they were delicious. Again this place is really a hole in the wall and you would miss it if you weren't looking for it, but go here. People are really nice and friendly and local food is super!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We came here for lunch on a Sunday, yes, they are open every single day. It's a family run operation. Parking is difficult but Bodden Town is not big so you can park and walk. It's a small restaurant with minimal seating inside but a patio and beachside picnic tables on the beach. Be careful sitting under the coconut tree!
Unfortunately, they are doing construction next door, so the cement mixer was rather loud, but otherwise it was pleasant to eat outdoors.
We ordered the conch fritters which I heard were the best in town. The fritter had a good texture and conch pieces for flavour rather than the tasteless fried batter served in other places. It was the best conch fritter I've had.
I ordered the lobster (even though it is not in season) and it was seasoned well but slightly overcooked and unfortunately did taste frozen- which is my fault. It was served with a simply divine cornbread. So delicious. I would order it again during the season.
They also gave me a taste of their turtle stew as I told them that I do not like it. I love turtle steak but find the turtle stew too fatty. Their turtle stew uses more lean meat and is not as fatty but this is an acquired taste and if you do not know what turtle stew involves and will complain about it - DON'T order it!!
My partner had the chicken burger which was a piece of breast chicken on a bun. He enjoyed it.
We would definitely come back. I was actually hesitant to write a good review in case they get overrun and service and food deteriorates but, they are just such a lovely family (his mom is supposed to give me the cornbread recipe) that I hope they succeed. The food is a very good representation of Cayman cooking.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Prepared fresh while you wait. Nothing fancy, just good island food. Consistently dependable. Eat outside if not too warm. Conch fritter were excellent.

We always make a stop when staying at Turtle Nest, which is just 50 yards away.