I have just arrived home from a 1 week holiday here. It was one of the best holidays I have been on!
When we arrived, the lady was very polite. They all spoke good English too.
Our bags were taken from us and in return we were given an ice cold drink, which after a 11/2 hour coach trip, we needed!
The staff could not do enough for you, our bags were swiftly loaded onto a golf cart and we were whizzed off to our apartment. No tip expected!
We had a superior sea view, which did not disappoint
Fresh and cool on arrival
The bathroom had a wet room, bath and shower overhead!
Fruit and water on arrival
TV, fridge & plenty of clothing space
Upon arrival we were given all timings and availability of the restaurant, bars and spa.
We went all inclusive, it was all very clear what was and wasn't included. We found that the only place that was particularly different between all inc and half board, was the pool restaurant.
The ice was from bottled water, as was the water salads were washed in. No water came from a tap - everything was bottled!
There were no insects, the odd cricket but they're harmless!
The service was incredible. The pool had parasol with a button - press it and along comes a lad named George. You never have to get up!
I can't list everything about his hotel that made it brilliant, but i would recommend this place to anyone. Family or couple - it was fantastic.
Go into Skala, book a taxi at reception and go into the main part with shops and bars - it was a lovely village.
I would recommend to go for the private pool room if you can, go through the hotel when upgrading - we met a great couple who had a private room and it was fantastic!
By the way - the nests are not wasps! They are swallows!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrender to comfort at the Apostolata Island Resort & Spa. Beautifully situated on a hillside slopping gently to the sea allowing dazzling Mediterranean views. Enjoy pampering spa treatments, sailing, swimming, followed by delicious meals. Visit the village of Scala, famous for its Roman Villa or explore the village of Poros all within easy reach of our Kefalonia hotel. Discover the personal service and amenities of this hidden gem, a perfect retreat for a relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Apostolata Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Apostolata Resort And Spa
- Mareblue Apostolata Hotel Skala