Me and my fiancee spent one week in this hotel and all was ok regarding:
-location(on the hills, beautiful sunrise)
-room size(we had 610-superior sea view)
-pool facilities(plenty of sunbeds, umbrellas, big, nice& clean pool)
-pool bartender (George-very friendly and really familiar with the notion of hospitality).
-souvenir shop (the lady was extremely friendly and helpful with all the info regarding Kefalonia and she could be a good example for reception staff.)
-transfer from hotel to Skala or Poros and retur free of charge and provided by the hotel
-food (a lot and low quality except Greek night on Friday when even the salad taste was different)
-reception (no service at all. Try to imagine that I am saying this due to my work experience in this field over 6 years. No interest at all in providing info's about the island and definitely they don't know how to sale trips even if the people are obviously interested about it. Generally, they are not looking over the guests. Lowest service-if I can name it like this-was represented by Mrs.Eva)
-housekeeping ( superficial level)
-restaurant staff (mediocre level)
Overall, from what we saw, is the best option in Skala due to the location(if you like sea and rocks). A sandy beach you will find only in Skala (the closest one). If you are looking for a relaxing place Apostolata is the right word for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrender to comfort at the Apostolata Island Resort & Spa. Beautifully situated on a hillside slopping gently to the sea allowing dazzling Mediterranean views. Enjoy pampering spa treatments, sailing, swimming, followed by delicious meals. Visit the village of Scala, famous for its Roman Villa or explore the village of Poros all within easy reach of our Kefalonia hotel. Discover the personal service and amenities of this hidden gem, a perfect retreat for a relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Apostolata Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Apostolata Resort And Spa
- Mareblue Apostolata Hotel Skala