“A good place to holiday”

Tesoroblu Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Skala
London, United Kingdom
“A good place to holiday”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed here for a week from 13th June very nice hotel very modern spotlessly clean staff very friendly and helpful room was large and comfortable could not fault it. Infinity pool was wonderful the girls who served in the pool area where really nice lunch time we ate around the pool food of a good quality
The only drawback is the walk into skala and the stoney beach shame that more could be done to improve that overall we had a great time

2 Thank geraldine r

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
west midlands
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Returned from Kefalonia on 13th June. Great holiday on a lovely island! TesoroBLu certainly lives up to expectations! Just a couple of niggles. I feel you should be able to keep left over wine until the next evening as is usual in most hotels,and I think men should have to wear smart casual clothes in restaurant- disappointed that one guest arrived for dinner in vest top and skimpy running shorts he had been wearing all day, because as he said himself he could not be bothered to get changed! The food was good but I would have enjoyed a little bit more variety.
Even if you don't join in any of the lovely Amy's other activities don't miss the wine tasting and cocktail making which were both very good. The evening entertainment was provided by Adam most evenings whilst we were there and was good but the two evenings we enjoyed the most were when Hollis performed and the Greek evening with the unique dancers- I guarantee you will not see these dancers anywhere else! Our 1st week it was a bit chilly in the evenings and sitting in the White Bar was spoilt slightly by everyone sitting shivering to watch the entertainment- it would be nice to see the top bar used when the weather isn't as good as this is a lovely space which does not seem to be used.I would recommend hiring a car as this is such a lovely island,Jonathan the rep provides this through a local company who were very efficient.Would recommend on your travels stopping off at the Dreams Beach Bar in Katelios where Christine makes the best cakes and has 2 adorable puppies! Also we celebrated our Anniversary whilst there and went for a lovely celebratory meal at the Symposium restaurant in Skala village which was delicious and accompanied by lovely music.It would improve the location of the hotel if the footpath and lighting could be extended as far as the hotel. We plan to return to the TesoroBlu in the future as it was such a great hotel and we also have alot of this beautiful island left to explore!

Room Tip: We had room 323 looking out over the hillside and think this was probably one of the best views avai...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Tesoro blu

Just spent a week in this wonderfully modern hotel in Skala, and we weren't disappointed with the choice we'd made. We chose the hotel as opposed to the resort, we hadn't a particular country or resort in mind, but searching through the Thomson Couples holidays, this hotel just stood out as the best. Despite most of the other reviews being quite gushing and a bit over the top, most of what has been said is true, from the excellent customer service of all staff, to the facilities and ambience of the hotel. Excellent value for money, and any slight niggles we had we reminded ourselves what a great price we'd paid for this holiday, and the great value we were getting for that. The photos on the website haven't been touched up, or taken with any optical illusions, the hotel really is as stunning looking as the photos show. Specifically the pool and the White Bar were stunning places to be. The infinity pool with the sea back-drop; and the modern bar with a non-stop flow of cocktails being made by more friendly staff.

Like other reviews have said, the food was very average, and rather canteen-like. However, being a vegetarian, there was always a good selection of hot dishes and salads in the evenings, which all had great taste, they just weren't always particularly hot.

Breakfasts were average as well. Eggs weren't pipping hot, despite tasting good. Not enough of a selection of fresh fruit or cereals and yoghurts. Surprisingly no water available at the breakfast buffet, water had to be purchased at all times, which for the breakfast was a bit disappointing.

Even though we'd paid to eat in the hotel, we did go into the town a couple of times when the thought of another meal got too much. The town is a good 20 min walk away, per other reviews, but is completely flat, so nothing strenuous. We didn't get taxis back at the end of the evenings as suggested by other reviews, as up until the last 100 yards or so the walk was quite nice. Only for the last section of the walk was there no pavement, no street lights, which was a bit of a worry, but not enough to go for the taxi option.

Entertainment in the evenings was good, but a bit repetitive, with the temporary singer making each song he sang have the same style, which meant after a while they all blended into one. The most popular nights were the Greek night and the Hollis night, both which had external entertainers to the hotel, both very lively and easy to join in with.

Whilst the White Bar was an ideal place to have an after dinner drink or two, most people seemed to disappear before 11pm, with only a few of us left at 12pm.

The pool was as great looking as he photos on the websites, only slight downside was the amount of beds crammed in to the surrounding area, which meant turning the beds round to follow the sun wasn't always easy. Food and drinks were served at the pool, or by the pool at the restaurant. As with most other aspects the service couldn't be faulted.

The beach was the only deceiving image on the website, where it looks to be directly across the small road to the hotel, however this wasn't a beach to sunbathe on, for that the nearest was outside the Regina, only a short walk away from Tesoro.

Rooms were small but larger wasn't really needed, what was though was storage space in the bedroom, and perhaps in the bathroom as well. Whilst lighting in all hotels isn't great, what made that even worse was no mirror above the dressing table, an no plug socket beside the full length mirror, which made hair and make up quite difficult to do.

Overall a great holiday and would definitely go back to this lovely hotel!

1 Thank londongirl745
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We returned to the UK on 9 June after spending another fabulous holiday at TesoroBlu. Our first was on the opening day in June 2011 and the second for their furst birthday last year.
We could not believe the review given by the person from Wales. From her comments she couldn't have been staying at the same hotel! The staff, although the majority are new from last year, could not have been friendlier. Our welcome by reception staff was first class. Although we arrived late from Newcastle a meal had been reserved for us and was served by a very welcoming 'head waitress', Victoria, and also Kostos, 'the older waiter' was his charming self.
We spent most of the time at the hotel relaxing by the pool and generally meeting the staff who couldn't have been more accommodating with poolside drinks and meals. Staff at mealtimes were always smiling and chatty.
Perhaps the guests from Wales couldn't be understood by the cleaning staff due to their accent. We always found staff friendly even when meeting them on our way to the pool etc. The staff at reception were extremely helpful in sorting out communication problems we had with Uk with our legal representative. Nothing was a bother.
The management staff were always around to deal with any queries.
We also hired a car to re-explore the island and visit parts we previously omitted. The walk into Skala town is a little awkward for the first 300yds but after that the pathways have improved. The lunchtime visits to the tavernas in town were great as was our visit to Veronica's, where a very friendly Cristos will see to all your jewellery requirements.
We wish Mikas, Angela and his father, not forgetting Evangelisa, every success for the future with this excellent hotel.
WE WILL BE BACK!!
Incidentally the party on the Sunday did not deter from our experience.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank A1accountant
Bedfordshire
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have just returned from The TesoroBlu where we stayed for one week and the only fault I have is that the holiday went too quickly and it was only a week. The hotel is modern, comfortable and so clean, the facilities are fantastic and the staff go above and beyond. We stayed in room 225, which had lovely mountain views and you can hear the bells on the goats hiding among the scenery. The rooms are quite small but perfectly formed with a large comfortable bed.
The pool is lovely if not a bit chilly, largely down to the lower than average temperatures for the time of year.
The cocktail supremos Miro and Martin are brilliantly talented, friendly and good fun. The waiters and waitresses are the best and they all work so hard, we got on especially well with young Lizetta and her cheeky sense of humour. I was especially grateful to Chef Dionysis thanks to him I am in desperate need of a diet now - I am a coeliac and he made sure that I knew what I could have from the buffet every night and he also made me my own meat every night.
I could not recommend this hotel highly enough from maids to the owners Makis and his family you are made to feel great and when you leave you feel like you are leaving old friends. My husband and I can't wait to go back, we generally don't go to the same place twice with so much of the world to see, but we will make an exception for The TesoroBlu.

Room Tip: The TesoroBlu are in the process of including suites to their facilities with private pools and jacu...
Hull
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I honeymooned at the Tesoro Blu in 2012, and had the most amazing time! It made it very easy to book a return trip this year, and we weren't disappointed. My sister and her partner came with us this year, due to us telling them how wonderful the Island of Kefalonia is, and also the amazing time we had at the Tesoro Blu.

The travel wasn’t so good, we were delayed for 3 hours at Manchester, and for 2 of these hours, we were sat on the aeroplane waiting to take off. Not once did the Cabin Crew come round, and offer anyone a cold beverage, we were all just sat there piled in like battery hens!
When we arrived in Kefalonia, we made our way to our rep, who asked us where we were staying, and advised us what coach to get on. We left the airport, and after around 5 minutes of travelling, we were told we had to stop, and wait for another coach to catch up to us, due to 3 guests getting on the wrong coach. Bearing in mind, we'd already been delayed in Manchester, we then had to sit and wait a further 20 minutes, for 3 people to get off another coach and get on ours. This was really very annoying, and can only assume was down to the Rep not checking off people’s names, and just doing a head count!

Thompson should take a leaf out of the Tesor Blu book on customer service!!!

As we were delayed, and arrived at our hotel a lot later than anticipated, the restaurant was closed, however the staff at Tesoro Blu had saved each guest some food, and made sure we were all accommodated for, after the nightmare flight. This was greatly appreciated by all the guests.

Upon arrival we were met by Angela (one of the owners), and the ladies from reception, who all remembered myself and my husband from our previous stay. It was wonderful, it was like being greeted by friends. As we had returned to the hotel for the second time, we were given a loyalty pack, which contained vouches for money discount on SPA treatments, and money off at the Al a Carte Restaurant Azzuro (I'll come back to this later).

We were checked in very quickly and efficiently, and taken to our room, where we were presented with a lovely platter of fresh fruit and a bottle of wine, as we were returning guests. These guys really look after you!

As we had spent our previous year’s holiday at this resort and hotel, we knew what to expect when we arrived back, however it still surpassed our expectations, in that everything was still wonderfully perfect. The hotel was pristine, as if it was its first year open, and the majority of the staff were the same people (who all remembered us) from the previous season.

I don’t want to repeat myself from my first review, however this hotel is beautifully stunning, and very well maintained. The layout and décor is perfect. I’ve seen some comments about the hotel rooms being 20 minutes away from the main building, this is complete nonsense, at most they’re a few minutes’ walk away. There are always the drivers, who will take you back to your room on the golf buggy’s if you’re feeling a little tired, but not necessary! The walk to and from the main building is lovely.

The staff are simply wonderful, and the majority of the staff were all from the previous year, and were all still wonderful and friendly, and welcomed us with open arms. They all remembered myself and my husband from our previous visit, which was wonderful.

The food served was lovely, very tasty and prepared fresh every day. The selection of food was excellent too. The chef and his team worked tirelessly every day to bring good quality food for breakfast and dinner.

We decided that we would treat ourselves, to the Al a carte restaurant, and booked a pool side tent to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. Seriously, if anyone is going to this hotel, you must try the Azzuro Restaurant, the food is simply amazing, and very reasonably priced. Victoria looked after us that particular night, and her knowledge of the food, and wine selections was excellent, and we had a wonderful 1st anniversary meal!

The holiday itself was again wonderful, as good as our first time to the Island. There was always some activities going on throughout the day, which were organised by Amy. Amy was a lovely girl, and always made time to have a chat to you, to ensure you were having a lovely time, and to advise on what activities were going on, to ensure you had the opportunity to join in if you wanted.

One of our favourites was the ‘Cocktail Making’ class with Miro…
We met Miro when we holidayed at the Tesoro Blu in 2012, this guy is amazing! He’s so friendly, professional, funny and extremely good at what he does!
Miro’s knowledge of the science behind the ingredients of what goes into making the fabulous cocktails, is excellent. For example, we were asking questions about the varying different Vodka’s which were on sale, and each and every one has a different story. Miro knows them all, how they are distilled, where they come from, and all the History of when and where they were first produced.

Miro takes great pride in his work, and you see and taste this when he is making the fabulous cocktails. On several occasions, I told him what base drink I liked, and he would make a drink to my taste, even if it wasn’t on the menu, he would also adapt the cocktail menu to suit anyone’s individual requirements. Amaretto Sour, Co-Conut Mojito’s, Pina Colada’s and shots galore were some of our favourite’s. Keep up the good work my friend!

All the staff at the Tesoro Blu are a credit to the owners. They work very hard, and very long hours and always have a smile on their face. They can’t do enough to make your holiday as special as you would expect. Mike / Angel, your staff are a true credit to you and the hotel.

Victoria, Kostas, Costas, Martin, Yulie, Hermionie, Lizetta and Penny to name a few, thank you all for making our holiday wonderful, pleasurable and for helping us create more fabulous memories of the Tesor Blu.

I also took advantage of the SPA facilities this year, and booked a Pool Side Pedicure with Penny. Just like all the other staff, Penny was lovely, it was her first season at the Tesor Blu. The pedicure was excellent, the products were lovely, and the time taken to carry out my pedicure was perfect. It was very relaxing, traditional pedicure, finished off with a foot scrub and leg massage. So relaxing. I could not decide what colour to have, so I decided that as I was on holiday, I would have each toe painted a different colour, they look fab! Very very pleased with the results. I would definitely recommended this treatment. Penny was very highly qualified, and professional.

We also had the opportunity to look around the new ‘Suites’ which were opening later this month, Oh My Days, you would be able to live in them. The bathroom being larger than my own at home, and the walk in closet was every girls dream! Everything was finished to such a high quality, and the private pools on the balcony were a lot larger than I would have expected. Well done Tesoro, just when I thought you couldn’t perfect perfection, you show it can be!

Thank you guys, we will hopefully see you again next year!
Much love, Glynis & Karl Precious

2 Thank Glynis W
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The whole holiday from arrival to departure was first class. The hotel is ultra modern, clean and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. The owners Angela and Makis are available every day ensuring your holiday is the best. The food is excellent quality, if you want anything different than is available the chef is more than happy to oblige. The waitresses are always smiling, extremely efficient without being intrusive. There are no sea view rooms but the views are very pleasant and such a peaceful location. It is pleasant 20 minute stroll into Skala if you feel the need of change - however from the amount of guests that are enjoying the bar and entertainment each evening it just proves there really is no need to go elsewhere. The service is always prompt and if any member of staff sees you standing, without having to ask a bar stool appears. This hotel is run to a very high standard and the personal touch is noticeable, what was a really nice touch was Angela pulled up a chair in the dining room and chatted about our stay, asked if we had any suggestions for improvement and gave us our departure details - other hotels just get the rep to push it under your door. Amy the events organiser was always around to have a chat informing everyone of the days events, at no time do you feel under pressure to take part in anything. Either Angela or Makis along with other members of staff are always there to wave farewell as you depart on the coach.

From the very high percentage of excellent reviews it proves that this hotel really stands out from the rest, there are very few negative reviews and the ones I have read I find hard to believe that they were staying at the same hotel.

Don't hesitate book your holiday you won't be disappointed.

2 Thank gr_wiltshire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skala
Apostolata Island Resort & Spa
Odyssey Hotel
Odyssey Hotel
#1 of 6 in Agia Efimia
Porto Skala Hotel & Village

Been to Tesoroblu Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!