“Great venue, shame about the entertainment”

and 1 more site!
TUI Sensimar Tesoroblu Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Skala
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Excellent, clean and efficiently run hotel with great atmosphere in a tremendous sea front location. We went to Saturday night's entertainment and Hollis did a good job keeping the dance floor full until we'll past midnight. Then it was over to the in house entertainer, oh dear.... Could barely hear him over the backing tracks and he struggled with a lot of notes. He certainly knows how to empty a dance floor. Finally, he introduced his 'special guest' act who launched into the most tuneless version of bat out of hell I've ever heard. Don't know if he sang any more, it was so bad we left the party. Get your act together guys, raise the entertainment bar and you have a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank ScottishMissionary

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed in the Tesoro Blu end of August, early September and it was absolutely stunning. The pool area was lovely and so peaceful, the rooms were very contemporary and immaculately kept. The bar was like stepping into a trendy London bar, very stylish and the best cocktails! Very professional bar staff and waiters as well. The food was also lovely, often it's one of my complaints when I go abroad but I have to say I couldn't complain about it here! I liked the fact the chef would sometimes come out and help you pick which dish to choose. It was about a 15 minute walk or a 2 minute taxi ride to where the bars and restaurants are in Skala...so not too bad and a taxi would cost 5 euros (I think it was pretty much a fixed price). If its a special occasion or you fancy a treat I would suggest hiring the pool gazebo for the day, you get a lovely bottle of prosecco and the biggest bowl of fruit you have ever seen, it definitely turned a few heads when the waitresses brought that to us! We certainly got our moneys worth. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel and hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms are beautiful, ours was just standard and it was beautiful. I would sugges...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura G
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I have no idea what planet some people are on. Tesoro blu is fantastic.
We stopped in August (we always go then and love the heat please why complain about heat and go to the Greek Islands then) we were at the back of the complex which was brilliant and only a short stroll from the main complex. Food superb staff brilliant and we have booked again for 2014. The beach is small and Stoney at the front but so what clear blue seas and great for a refreshing dip.
Kefalonia hear we come
11 year
Lance f.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lance F
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A rather belated review from our stay at the end of August at Tesoro.

This was our second year back at Tesoro, after many an hour trawling trip advisor and reading mixed reviews for many a resort or hotel we looked again at Tesoro and saw that there were still endless 5 star reviews and we thought we really couldn't go wrong, but would it live up to last year's great experience?

I am happy to say it matched up again.. with fantastic service and experience from start to finish. Right from the very beginning at check in we felt welcomed back like old friends and got some little gifts for being part of their Blu club. As we wandered down to the gorgeous pool again a number of staff welcomed us back making us feel like we were returning home rather than going on holiday.

Tesoro Blu manages to combine the feel of a family run hotel (with the family often in the bar and around the restaurant) with a luxurious 5 star modern contemporary hotel feel. Mike and family were always quick to help and even took time out to show us around the very stylish new apartments.

The staff are also key to making you feel part of the family and need a mention here. Yet again Miro was welcoming and fun to chat to at the bar and mixed many a great cocktail, Kostas provides his unique brand of greek humour whilst also showing his moves off on the greek night and finally thanks to Victoria for making a very special night for us as we had dinner under the gazebo by the pool and I asked my girlfriend to marry me.. and she said yes thankfully..

I find it hard to find anything bad to say about Tesoro. If I was being picky I would say that it didn't quite have the level of buzz in the evening on the dancefloor as last year.. probably due to Jamie (last years rep) not being there to drag people up onto the dancefloor.

So surprising ourselves going back to the same place twice I guess the question is would we go again... the answer... we have already been looking!

1  Thank gogi47
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel delivered everything promised in the brochure. Spotless rooms, massive soft bed, great choice of food for all meals. Although we booked half board we ended up having a light lunch out at a little taverna and dinner at the hotel. Easygoing relaxed atmosphere, no strict dress code for dining, although no-one was in beach wear for dinner. The pool was lovely, with amazing views across the sea.
The only downside here was the beach opposite was not really a beach at all, just boulders and stones. But a 10 minute walk got you to Skala's main beach which was fine.
We hired a small car and travelled around. Katelios is definitely worth a visit if you want a really pretty little bay, with crystal clear water and good snorkelling. Loads of little tavernas line the beach, so you are spoilt for choice for lunch.
The only tiny downside to the hotel, and it might just be me, is that there is no escaping music, all the time, everywhere, not loud, but sometimes, you just want some peace. I wonder if they turned it off at breakfast and round the pool anyone would notice....?

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are at back of the hotel with lovely views of the mountain.
1  Thank MrsC186226
Reviewed 11 October 2013

excellent staff and accommodation. food choice nice and Greek but got very samey during week and could have done with more variety and fresh fruits. great singer, bar, etc. Not too far out of town and easy walk. walk to rooms at back isn't far or difficult. best to hire a car and see some of ther island. skala isn't the prettiest spot. Fiskador and assios in north are very pretty.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noryorkie
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at Tesoro Blu in late September early October. It was much later than we would normally book as it was our first holiday without our kids.

I had previously stayed in Skala (San Giorgio) last year and had promised myself that we would stay at Tesoro if we visited again. The flights into here were excellent and the transfers managed really well and efficiently. Jonathan the Thomson resort rep was superb, really friendly and gave us a good insight into the island/hotel both on the transfer and at the welcome meeting. He was also regularly on hand had we required any info etc........

When we arrived at the hotel we were taken to our room with our cases on a buggy. Again the staff helping us were very friendly.

We were impressed with our room block 5. We were given a room with a sea view, near the back of the complex. Reading a previous comment on here, the walk is at best 100 metres and not 500 metres as some would have you believe. There's one tiny elevation on the way. Some people seem to just moan for the sake of moaning.

The grounds to the complex are well maintained and everybody from the hotel staff, gardeners, receptionist, maintenance team etc are all really friendly.

The restaurant. We ate in the buffet restaurant, which was superb both for breakfast and evening meals. Although we had paid for half board, I was adamant that I would eat there on a limited basis, as I love to get out and eat in lots of different places. The fact we ate here nine evenings out of ten tells you how good we felt the food was.

Breakfast offered a great selection of cooked and continental breakfasts. Sure the bacon and sausage is slightly different to what you'd get at home but it's still nice. If you want English sausage and bacon, then you're probably better off staying in Blackpool. There was a choice of omelettes, scrambled eggs and poached eggs too. You really couldn't have wished for any better both in quality and choice.

The evening meals were superb. The salad selection was amazing, with so many options both for mains and starters. It's not ala carte, given the nature of how you have to prepare and maintain the temperature of the food, but it is as good a buffet as we have experienced. The Head Chef is always on hand to advise on the various dishes. There are plenty of deserts, although I did think that they could have offered a better ice cream selection rather than four basic flavours.

The waiting staff are very friendly and courteous. Again nothing was too much trouble and they too made us feel very welcome. I could not fault any aspect of the restaurant service.

The entertainment provided is very good. Amy & Pete are both very friendly and made real efforts to build relationships with the guests. My only criticism, was the pointless backing tracks which overshadow a very good acoustic musician and his very good voice. It's clear to see that he enjoys playing without the overpowering din of these tracks. Lose the backing tracks!!!!!!

The bar area is superb. Special mention to Miroslaw who ran the bar. He was superb and mixes some brilliant cocktails. We were impressed with his friendliness and how he make time for the guests even when very busy. This guy is a credit to the hotel.

The gym and spa area is fantastic too. I used the gym on a couple of occasions. The equipment is modern, well maintained and easy to use. The only criticism is that they could do with some more cardio equipment. Most apparatus is weights based. I would recommend they look at adding to the single running machine and possibly adding at least two cross trainers. A water machine would also be useful as there's no provision in the gym and I personally think this is essential.

Finally, a mention for the family that run this place. They are amazing both in the way they have created a truly unique concept in Skala and for there never ending commitment to the business, being on hand overseeing things throughout the day until late at night. Their passion and commitment to making this place succeed will take this hotel from strength to strength.

Tesoro Blu is an amazing place. We will definitely be back.

3  Thank Pete R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skala
Apostolata Island Resort & Spa
Emelisse Art Hotel
Emelisse Art Hotel
#2 of 7 in Fiscardo
Porto Skala Hotel & Village

Been to TUI Sensimar Tesoroblu Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!