We had a fairly nice stay 11th July for five nights - we weren't expecting much as we'd only paid £90 for three of us each day all inclusive. True to expectations, the room was basic with a tiny bathroom and a room that didn't have a view. We didn't complain as we were only staying five nights. The food was fresh but not really well presented with a torn mosquito net placed over the dishes to keep the flies and wasps off the food. There were hot dishes and a couple of salads. I think they should emply the young man who cuts up the greek salad (which is already available on the salad bar) to grill fresh fish or make fresh pizza or something plain for the children/adults who did'nt like cinnamon. The drinks were pretty dire - flavourless, watery coke and undrinkable wine - no cocktails all inclusive. We had to pay for the pool towels. The wi-fi connection didn't work - there was a problem with the cables. There were too many wasps to eat outside comfortable but we found this all over the island and was apparently due to the mild spring this year.
On the positive side, the staff were very friendly, including aforementioned young man and Maria the chef. The pool was lovely. The stony coves opposite were good for snorkelling and a refreshing swim. As another poster mentioned, with a little investment this could be a really nice hotel. For the price of five nights here, I would have preferred four nights at the Regina or 9 Muses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Skala Hotel Village - 4 **** - Kefalonia Island - Greece Porto Skala Hotel - Village is a spacious complex set in attractive gardens and quiet surroundings. It is perfectly placed in an amphitheatric shape and enjoys marvellous views to the Ionian Sea. The architecture is this of a traditional Greek village and all rooms and public lounges are bright, comfortable, with sea views and along with the attentive staff create a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Just 10m from the hotel are steps leading to a secluded quit and unspoiled natural pebble beach with crystal Sea waters ideal for swimming and snorkelling. Hotels' Restaurant operates rich buffet and offers magnificent recipes and flavours inspired from Greek traditional Cuisine. All units of Porto Skala Hotel - Village are furnished with high aesthetic and offer private balcony, bathroom, and all up-to-date facilities such as air-condition, Satellite TV, radio-music, direct-dial phone, mini-fridge, coffee & tea making facilities, hair-dryer and private safety deposit box. Double rooms sleep up to 3 adults. Every family can feel at home in Porto Skala Hotel - Village, that offers a safe environment for the children and accommodate families in: Standard double-bedded rooms plus bunk beds for the children or in two twin rooms with an interconnecting door. The Hotel is situated 3 Km away from the center of the beautiful "Skala" Village where you can find a selection of shops, bars and restaurants, 1.5 Km. away from the beginning of its popular sandy beach and 8.5 Km away from the pretty little harbour of "Poros" and the romantic village with the same name. Opposite and near the hotel is not guarded place to leave your car. Facilities: Restaurant Pool/Snack bar Wi-Fi Internet Free in Public Areas Internet Corner Conference Room Dolby Surround Movies' Studio Billiards Mini Shop Complimentary Shuttle Service Laundry Service Pool Paddling Pool Fitness Room Children's Playground Mini-Crazy golf Table Tennis AWARDED HOTEL: VALUE FOR MONEY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Skala Hotel & Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Skala Hotel & Village Skala
- Porto Skala Hotel And Village Resort