“Sorry didn't enjoy”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We used this one evening on our latest trip. Mainly due to good reviews from tripadvisor.
The location and decor were great, inside it looked like a quaint beach hut type place you would find by the English seaside.
We were greated by a very pleasant waitress who gave us our menus and asked us what we would like to drink.
We both fancied fish, specially as we were surrounded by fishing nets hanging around the wallls and can see the sea just outside the window.
However that is where everything went a wee bit wrong.
Our fish arrived and to my huge dissapointment it was frozen fish and not fresh as I was expecting. The batter was a bit soggy and the fish was tasteless and dry as were the chips.
Sorry but Its not for me.
Incidently, I had fish and chips a couple of days later at the Kings Head, proper fresh fish, what a difference, like chalk and cheese.

1  Thank gruzzle

Reviewed 31 May 2018

We always visit the Red Lion when we are in S'illot for a propper cup of English tea and good food. Stewart and Elaine are always welcoming and pleased to see us for a catch up.

2  Thank petekaz2016
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed in s'illot for 7 nights all inclusive and got a bit bored of the choice there over a few days so decide to go to the red Lion run by a lovely English couple and couldn't of been more satisfied I ordered the gut buster burger and my partner ordered the cheese burger was well pleased when it was brought to the table I can only describe mine as a mountain of 3 beef burgers smothered in cheese and topped off with egg and mushrooms between two toasted buns and a side of chips can honestly say it was the best burger I have had in a long time all I can say is when I return it will be my first stop.

1  Thank Madmike R
Reviewed 26 May 2018

A lovely place to get yourself a full English breakfast and a brew at reasonable prices . Good sea front location to wake yourself up and watch the world. Staff very helpful about the area too. Didn't try food or drinks here any other times of the day tho .

1  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed 26 May 2018

great food and service very helpful and friendly would eat here again nice sea view great place to eat

1  Thank Deborah L