2 weeks via a tour operator in August 2012, searching for rest.
EMPLACEMENT / LOCATION
The Apart ‘Hotel MIRGAY is a hotel located in the resort of S’illot / Sa Coma, on the East cost of Majorca. This hotel is quite small contrary to the others around what is an advantage for who is seeking for quietness. The resort is quite standard, based on all-inclusive trips proposed by Tour Operators and organized for North European people. A long promenade along the sea and a second main street, which are both strewn with quite repetitious stores (Supermarkets SP*R, rent of cars/motorbikes/bikes/small cars for children, cheap restaurants and touristic gifts)
Clearly, the asset/card of the hotel!!! Eva, Elias & Dominica do their best to make the clients happy as much as they can.
A special wink for Eva that is wonderful.
Eva is speaking Polish & Spanish. Elias is speaking French, Spanish. Dominica is speaking English, Spanish and Polish but everybody can understand each other.
ROOM / CHAMBRE
The room, sold as Apart hotel (flat where you can cook, wash your clothes...), even if built as such, becomes finally a standard accommodation as there are no cooking kitchenwares or washing machine.
The cleaning is done every day even if the sheets are changed only once a week. There is no cleaning every Monday, resting day of the cleaning lady.
There is air conditioning that works only when you are in the room. There is no hair dryer.
We were given a room on the side, quite warm, but asked for a room with sight on the sea, more ventilated and the staff allowed it.
The restaurant is big enough to avoid any “traffic jam”. Unfortunately, it is not possible to have meals on the terrace.
The ‘chief’ looks being a nice guy and motivated to satisfy the clients.
As for most of all-inclusive trips, the food can be a bit repetitious. You can find nevertheless at each meal seafood/quite good fishes and 2 dishes of meat (chicken, rabbit, beef, pork, veal) even if you can have 2 dishes based on pork for a same meal. Starters are quite basic, even if from time to time, you can be nicely surprised. You will find as well potatoes and pastas at each meal, even if prepared differently. – Pasta are most of the time overcooked – Cheeses are rare. There are several types of quite good cakes and good fruits.
There are fresh red, rosé and white wines, mineral and sparkling water and sodas.
The breakfast is perhaps the most disappointing
Again, as for most of all-inclusive trips, the coffee and the fruit juices, from a machine, are too light, and prepared based on powder and the bread is not at the French standards. Pastries and breads are "weak".
You can find eggs, sausages and bacon every morning even if they are prepared differently 1 day over 2.
At the end of your stay, you can easily be bored.
SWIMMING POOL / PISCINE
The pool is rather small but is enough for the few accommodations in the hotel.
There are unfortunately not enough sun chairs (less than 10) what can create issues if too many clients decide to prefer the pool than the beach.
AROUND / ALENTOURS
There are 2 main beaches (“calas”) around :
Sa Coma, the beach of the closest city, part of the same resort. It is a large beach but there are too many people.
You can also move to Cala Millor, the next resort, by train, for 4 euros per day, but the beach is less attractive again than Sa Coma.
Cala Moreia, the beach of S’illot. It is better than the previous ones for us.
Much better again, let’s walk to Cala Morlanda, other beach of S’illot, after a 15 min walk.
(Go at the end of the Avenue “del Llop” and then go down to the small cala)
There are much less people, mainly Spanish people from S’illot. The atmosphere is more relax. You can practice nudism there. The water, there, is the clearest of the east cost (We have visited most of the calas from Cala Ratjada, in the North, to Cala D’or, in the South).
Between Sa Coma and Cala Millor, you can walk to the "Punta de n'Amer" castle (XVII century), where there is a nice view.
- We rented a scooter 2 days, running 250Km in total and inc 200Km in 1 sole day. 35 € all included / per day.
- We recommend that you visit, if you can, some of the most beautiful beaches listed by the Lonely P, in particular :
o Platja de cala Agula and Cala Mesquida close to Cala Ratjada (big beaches, with a lot of people but without buildings and with aquamarine water.
o Cala Varques between Porto Cristo Novo and Cales de Mallorca (lost, so it requires an effort walking but the beach is really nice, and frequented mainly by Spanish people and young adults). Aquamarine water as well and a big cove where people can jump.
o Cala Aguila y Cala Mendia (in Porto Cristo novo). Small beaches with waves.
o Cala Sa Nau and Cala Mitjana between Cala D’Or and Cala Marçal (really small beaches with a lot of people but with exceptional surroundings.
o Cala Petita (45 min walking from S’illot could be nice but was dirty the day we went there)
(Avoid Cala Magraner)
- The Cathedral of Palma is interesting (most beautiful from outside than inside) but is almost the only monument to see in Palma. Several persons agreed that the trip – time and cost- doesn’t worth it.
- It is possible to take benefit of the Animation of the Palia Sa Coma Playa for free and of the food of this hotel for 5 € but most of the dishes are the same than at the Mirgay. It doesn’t worth to pay it according to us.
- Few animation parties of the Sa Coma can be funny.
- Get ready, if you booked a 2 weeks trip, to only enjoy 13 full days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Brisa Marina is located at the S'illot beach which is nearly 100 m away from the Hotel. In the Lobby & the rooms you've got WIFI access. Moreover, you can find the trendy colourMe! design in the Lobby of the smartline Brisa Marina. Furthermore, a lot of shops, restaurants and bars are located in the city center and in small streets on the way to the smartline Brisa Marina. The airport of Palma de Mallorca is 70 km away from the hotel. In the morning and in the evening, the smartline Brisa Marina offers a huge buffet with a wide variety of meals. Outside of the smartline Brisa Marina, you can find the pool and the sun terrace. In the evening, a lot of clubs and bars are open in the city of Sa Coma. Furthermore, you have the possibility to play billiard in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your smartline Brisa Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smartline Brisa Marina Majorca, Spain