Callao Gardens can be found up a gentle incline from Callao Salvaje. It has 4 pools, the busiest being next to the restaurant Lanzarote at the bottom of the resort. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient. We were in the Magnolia block, on the higher part of the resort, very near to reception, right next to a lovely quiet pool. We booked via RCI.
We went self-catering, so I can't comment on the quality of food or service here. The resort runs activities on most days (e.g. archery, shooting, aquagym, tennis), and has entertainment most evenings (not that we saw it!). We tried out the mini-golf on our lone cloudy morning.
The apartments were big and were cleaned regularly, as were the pools. Both rooms had large terraces, overlooking an often deserted pool, which is probably busier in high season. The complex is very well planted; all the apartments are named after one type of plant or another. We very much enjoyed our stay here; it was just what the doctor ordered - lots of sun, a pool and peace and quiet.
So what are the drawbacks/downsides then? Well, the complex really does need quite a bit of a face-lift. The sun is removing the external plastering in many areas. The kitchen units and bathroom (particularly the bath/shower unit and surrounds) probably haven't been updated since the complex was built. And our daughters in the next room had an unwanted visitor (a cockroach!) on 2 occasions; I suppose this is the downside of being on the lowest level with lots of planting nearby.
Overall, whether you enjoy your stay here probably depends on if you are prepared to overlook the above-mentioned flaws. With financial investment, it could be a really brilliant complex.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the southeast of the island of Tenerife, in the Callao Salvaje residential area, the Blue Sea Apartamentos Callao Garden complex offers a mixture of nature, a holiday atmosphere and all important relaxation. At the main restaurant our visitors can enjoy a daily changing buffet featuring local cuisine depending on the season. The restaurant is located around our three main central swimming pools. We also have another pool with a solarium, separate from the common areas of the complex, for guests who prefer to enjoy the sun in a more private setting. The apartments are fully equipped with all kinds of kitchenware for those who want to take culinary matters into their own hands. A deposit of 60€ will have to be paid on arrival, and will be returned on departure. The complex is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility(PRM). Pets up to 6 kg are allowed. A deposit of €30 will be charged on arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Blue Sea Callao Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vime Callao Garden Hotel Callao Salvaje
- Vime Callao Garden Salvaje
- Callao Garden Tenerife
- Blue Sea Callao Garden Tenerife/Callao Salvaje