“You don't always get what you pay for”

Ibiza Corso Hotel & Spa
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
London, United Kingdom
“You don't always get what you pay for”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Although the location and views are fantastic this hotel is not. I felt genuinely let down with the amount that I paid for the service, room type and general staff interest in providing a pleasant stay. I have stayed in many hotels that cost the same and provide a service that you have difficulty faulting. The amenities of the hotel I found ok though general welcoming ambience lacked. Breakfast is also of a somewhat uncomfortable experience with rarely anyone at the door to greet you and show you to your tables ( these are basics when you are paying 5 star rates). I Unfortunately I we will not be returning and would rather book Pacha Hotel or as someone has mentioned Ibiza Grand Hotel. Remove the SPA and Gym and this would be a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Best rooms are Deluxe away from lifts though as can be noisey!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, Holland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel has been renovated in 2010 and it seems that they really proud of it... it is just a very old hotel with new paint and very very small rooms. The prices for the hotel in the high season are so high that you may expect something of it... well is is one big disappointment in every way.. The staff is not helpful at all and speak little english. One nice thing about the hotel is the beautiful view from the small rooms. The service is also very poor... let's say it is really in the Spanish way... If you pay so much money you have to give your guests to highest level of service. I will never stay here again.. go to the Ibiza Gran Hotel.. this is a big new hotel and I think you get more for your money...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
ibizacorso, Propietario at Ibiza Corso Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
We truly appreciate that you have shared your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. Your experience is certainly not reflective of our standards.

The small rooms you have mentioned are single rooms, the smallest rooms in our hotel. Probably you did choose this kind of room due to availability but we got rooms up to 125 sqm.

Regarding prices, like most hotels, room rates vary by availability and demand.

We do hope you come back for a second try and experience the service and dedication of a four star hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

london
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Stayed here mid May for a week and it was absolutely amazing. I can't fathom what the previous review is saying - sounds like a different hotel. We even had a baby with us and they couldn't do enough to help - including upgrades.

Breakfast was perfect and included enough choice for all our party - they cooked eggs to order if required as well. We had lunch around the pool some days and the quality was very good. The pool was great - music playing and plenty of shaded areas for the little one.

The great thing was the water taxi just across the road which brought us right into the centre of Ibiza town in 10 minutes for a couple of euros. we walked home a few times - it takes about half an hour.

Our rooms were modern and light and no complaints whatsoever. A DJ played around the pool at weekends and we loved the music and it suited all ages. They will turn down individual speakers if it too loud near you. The staff were so polite and friendly. Of course the inclusive Spa was an added bonus. You can use it at any time and the peace and the views were so relaxing. I was often there completely on my own during the day - like a private Spa.
Overall this was an extremely successful holiday and I would thoroughly recommend it to any one who likes good design and polite staff in a clean, modern hotel. Also the Talamanca beach was just behind the hotel which meant we had everything on our doorstep. We will definitely be back. The only thing I can say is the pool would be better if heated.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Our first room was disgusting with old broken doors, a dirty bathroom and a general feeling that we were stuck in an rip off expensive dump. They changed our room when we complained. Tried calling room service but nobody even answered. Can't believe they charge Four Seasons priced for 2 star quality! Can't wait to checkout! Luckily it was only for one night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lilibeetraveler
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This hotel was amazing! The pool is insane overlooks the water and they have there own restaraunt and even there own club!! Its about a 30 min walk from Ibiza Town, but i kind of liked being that bit further away! It was just as easy to walk over the road and get a ferry which took only about 5 mins to get to Ibiza Town. There are some yummy inexpensive restaraunts over the road. We only ate breakfast at the restaraunt but it was delicious! would highly reccommend it! If clubbing is what your really going for then you would probably be better of staying right on Bora Bora or San Antonio, but Pacha a huge club in ibiza is only about a 15 min walk . The hotel staff we very friendly and very helpful. I found the lifts a little bit weird so we mainly took the stairs as exercise! The hotel has an awesome little spa and sauna that is free for hotel guests. The only thing i was a little bit disappointed with was we had a do not disturb sign on the door and on two occasions the maids just came in anyway. I would highly reccommend getting a room over looking the water its really a beautiful little island and on my return to ibiza i will probably return to stay here!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
south Africa
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We visited this hotel after reading the current reviews some of which were not great. A friend then recommended the hotel and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Particularly with the rooms themselves which are very well designed - they have a great clean holiday feeling about them and the fact that each room has it’s own private balcony with superb views if the Ibiza Town. Also I found the staff to be exceptionally polite and friendly, they went out of their way to accommodate any of our requests. Was not wowed by the breakfast but it was very edible. Will definitely choose to go back to Corsa.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Hi all.
I feel so compelled to write this review even as I am still on holiday here in Ibiza right now...
I researched a fair amount of hotels online and I found the Corso which seemed great, hate to say and even though it is an awful way to think, you would at least think that if you're paying a lot you get something very good in return.. I really feel we have been extremely ripped off. We are staying in a double superior for six nights at roughly 1600 Euros.
The room is decent, it is clean, it is very small... and paying this pretty much anywhere else we would have got a much better stay in my experience. Is it normal to charge 3.50 euros for a room service fee, on top of the fee you pay for the food? I called the reception today and asked for an empty plate, they charged me 3.50.. I just find it outrageous that this can be charged each time someone drops something off to your room....
Keep in mind the room service is horrible, most hotels are, but this is pretty disgusting not to mention the pool restaurant in addition. We are struggling to each near our hotel. Had some mussels in a cafe opposite the hotel, and they tasted like rubber balls we had to send them back, the only fresh food Ive had near the hotel has been the packeted mozzarella cheese I bought from the supermarket.
My bf has just finished a bolognese pasta he ordered to the room and is feeling extremely naucious.
By the pool in 35 degrees heat they only serve small bottles of water, each for 3 euros, so we bought our own large bottles from the supermarket, and request ice so that we can hydrate ourselves by the pool. The waitor mentions to me I am not allowed to ask for ice without buying something...
I find this an absolutely ridiculous level of service.

If u want somewhere to stay which is pretty much like a clean self service apartment then here is fine. If you want a hotel, I would recommend staying here.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple