“It's not always about location - ask a local”

Restaurante Sa Nansa
Reserve with
Restaurante Sa Nansa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 536 Restaurants in Ibiza Town
Price range: US$40 - US$103
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rte opened all year, we make ibicencan sea food, shell fish, paellas and fresh local fish.we have owned garden for fresh vegetables.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just because a place's clientele is moxtly locals doesn't pre se guarantee a great meal (if that were so McDonalds would be sporting Michelin stars) but this neighbourhood restaurant in Ibiza town merits a visit. En route to Talamanca beach and near Botafoch marina, it could not be described as out-of-th-way but on the lovely Sunday afternoon we were there we were the only travellers (which can be a pleasant change in a busy holiday location). Some unfair reviews here have mentioned it is placed on a motorway. It is not. It is set back from a dual carriageway running along Avenida Agosto 8. Nor is it some horrible modern complex but the groundfloor of a pleasant apartment building. Like the Spanish and Catalans, we ate inside out of the heat of the day, in a pleasant uncluttered room with a Scandinavian vibe. You can see the staff working at your meal from the main room. Spotless facilities. Our welcome was genuine, attentive and (in our case) understanding as our driver got a bit lost and we arrived late. Sa Nansa for English speakers gives an idea of the fare : it's a lobster creel to Scots. Fish eating Scots recognise good fish (so much of ours ends up here in Spain!) and, especially for lovers of all meals piscine, this will be a great spot. Carnivores are catered for - it is Spain! We started with shared starters - pimientos padron, delicious squid, ultra-fresh and light tempura vegetables (with a few prawns added so veggies take note) and marinated tuna. All first rate. We then got selfish and had our own main plates but relented and each tasted. My wife thoroughly enjoyed a delicious mixed plate of fish and seafood - hake, prawns, langoustine. Myself, my daughter and our friend had a great Arroz - black rice with seafood and fish. Our thoughtful host suggested given the starters we had (with lovely bread, black olivde tapenade and fresh aioli) we might just order 2 portions. It was delicious - and huge (good advice!). We rounded off with some nice desserts. My wife and I could not match the girls so we settled for sharing a delicious refreshing lemon sorbet while the younger folk had brownies with icecream and a light and fresh crema catalana. In a nice touch the restaurant, who knew it was my wife's 18+ birthday, bedecked a dessert with a candle and best wishes. Our kind host also offered us the very pleasant home made local liquer, hierbas, with our coffees and it too hit the mark. Fresh linens, heavy good old-fashioned silver and attentive service from people who clearly care about their restaurant, customers and what they serve. We will be back. I guess a lot of locals say and do that too. It should tell you so much more than some one time reviewer having a bad hair day or not allowing that sometimes in the best of places things might just go awry. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went there on the way to Pacha as it's almost next door. Firstly restaurant was deserted, it's only small - under an apartment building. Secondly, whilst the food was OK it was just OK and in my mind doesn't justify the 5* reviews it seems to have from everyone else. It's a long way from the old town and unless like us you want something to eat before hitting Pacha there are much better places to go.

1  Thank Andyonhishols
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We ate: raw tuna marina (16.50), special farm salad (11€) and the cod (23.50€)
I saw that all its done with perfection.
These salad also brings the raw tuna and a generous amount of lettuce, tomato, cucumber so it could work very nice if you want to try the Tuna and have a light meal.
The cod it's fabulous too with grilled greens.
Everything its fresh, a very nice service in a fancy place.
If you are in the old town and if comfortable shoes you can easily walk, if in high heels I would recommend a cab.
Before 10pm you can easily get a table, after its can gets crowd.

2  Thank MarMourinho
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Without no doubt the best fish&rices. i have had the pleasure to enjoy in ibiza! I recommend the the prawns of ibiza(freshly caught that morning) the service is second to none too

3  Thank Glenn M
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with high expectations although fish is usually not my favorite and ended being very disappointed.

Most of the dishes in the menu was not available. I totally understand that a Restaurant could run out of ingredients, it is actually a sign that the ingredients are fresh and bought on a daily basis. But they literally had one out of five dishes available.

I ordered a green salad that was good. My friend starter, grilled squids, was average.

My fish was bland and chewy and my friends Paella was tasteless with just a few seafood.

3  Thank cicero3