We are a small family (parents and one child aged nine) who have travelled extensively and stayed in many hotels. We found the Torre del Canoningo enchanting in every way. We were met at the airport by Sam who was efficient, courteous and cheerful. On arriving at the hotel, Naihara was on reception and quickly did the registration while Sam kindly took our bags up to the room. We had a beautiful room (more like a suite, really) with views overlooking the street at the front and the harbour at the back.
The bed was extremely comfortable and a small bed was made up for our nine-year old in the living room at the back. We would have to agree with the point made by another poster that the pillows were a little lumpy and could be better - but that was the only thing that we can think of that could have been improved. We all slept very well and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast before heading off to explore the island. Both Sam and Naihara provided us with excellent suggestions for places to see and places to eat, and each one of them was wonderful. We had a rental car from BK cars which was recommended by the team at the hotel. That too worked out fine and thanks to the hotel we had a pass to drive into 'Dalt Vila' which meant that we could drive right up to the hotel and park around the corner by the cathedral.
The location in the old town was fine for us: we enjoyed the stroll down to go to eat in the evening and the way back up was never a problemeven with a child. We stayed three nights and felt that we had had a really excellent break away from Londonn which was very cold at that time (April 2013).
We did not use the pool as this early in the season it was not warm enough but it looks enticing and a wonderful place to lounge around in warmer weather.
We are looking forward to going back and in the meantime highly recommend the hotel. It is a beautifully furnished old house and all the staff that we encountered were helpful, engaging and creative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Dalt Vila, an old medieval village declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, next to the Cathedral of Ibiza is LA TORRE DEL CANONIGO; old building of the fourteenth century built on the walls of the ancient Roman acropolis. The privileged location of the HOTEL allows that from its luxurious rooms the clients can enjoy a spectacular and impressive view of the bay of Ibiza or of beautiful view to its historic old town. LA TORRE DEL CANONIGO, just 10 minutes walk from the city center ', (comfortable shoes are recommended because the streets of the village have the original stone floor) The HOTEL is structured in different levels: LA TORRE, the upper part, with its exclusive suites, the breakfast area, intimate, cozy and with one of the most beautiful views of the Mediterranean THE POOL, is at the foot of the Tower, with a beautiful terrace - solarium and our gastronomic restaurant, CASA PUGET, the lowestpart of the complex, with its wonderful gardens and of recent construction . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Torre del Canonigo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Torre Del Canonigo Hotel Ibiza Town
- La Torre Del Canonigo Ibiza/Ibiza Town