The hotel is about a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport and also a similar time to walk into the centre of Ibiza town. We had booked a room with a sea view overlooking the gardens and swimming pool area. I would recommend a sea view room as those facing the street would I am sure be noisy.
The pool is a good size and there were ample sun beds, but not sure if that would be the case in the height of summer when the hotel would be busier.
There was a wedding reception held while we were staying and staff did take many of the sun umbrellas for use at the reception.
All areas of the hotel and pool area were very clean.
My main problem with this hotel was the food particularly at dinner and also some customer service issues.
In the main breakfast was OK although it would have been better if the fried eggs were cooked to order as is the case in most hotels nowadays.
I did not have a problem with the quality of food at dinner but the very narrow choice available, particularly with the starters and sweets. Clearly the starters are going to comprise of mainly salad items but one does expect these to be accompanied with items such as cold meats or fish, but mainly that was not the case.
Also with the sweets the choice was very limited and one evening I counted a total of only ten sweets. It appeared that the hotel put out enough sweets for the exact number of guests!! There was never cheese and biscuits available as a sweet.
The food is not of a standard expected at a four star hotel and I have stayed at hotels in Ibiza where the food is far better than at the Hotel Los Molinos.
One evening at dinner the head waiter asked me to sign for the cost of the meal as I presume he thought we were staying bed and breakfast only - I wish we had!! Why he didn't ask first I don't know. I explained we were staying half board. He then disappeared, presumably to check, but never came back with an apology. After dinner I went to reception and I was told there had been an error. What made matters worse was that when we checked out two days later there were two further charges for dinners on our bill, although to be fair these charges had been offset by credits. Again no satisfactory explanation or apology!
One evening we decided to have a drink in the bar before retiring and although there was only ourselves and a few other people in the bar we sat there for possibly 15 minute waiting to be served. In the end we got up and left and went for a drink in the bar across the road where the staff were much more efficient.
Clearly the hotel does have some good points as I have described but in many areas needs to improve significantly.
I will certainly not be using this hotel again when I next holiday in Ibiza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Los Molinos Class is open the whole year and has a privileged location on the very seafront. With views to the beautiful beach of Figueretes, you can enjoy a fantastic day relaxing by our pool, having a cocktail at our pool bar or even enjoying a massage. This hotel is the clear illustration of the island of Ibiza has to offer: calmness, Mediterranean beauty and its famous nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your THB Los Molinos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thb Los Molinos Hotel Ibiza Town
- Los Molinos Ibiza Town
- THB Los Molinos Ibiza/Ibiza Town