“Not for me....”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Not for me....”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Let me say right at the start that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. It's basically packaged as 4*, which is not bad.....it's just not what I like. It just totally lacks any fizz or edginess.

It was spotlessly clean. The staff were excellent and the service in keeping with a 4*. I think what I didn't enjoy was the room. The bathroom was ok - seemed to have been redone , the room was just so utterly basic and boring. As if they had taken this old fossil of a hotel, thrown a lick of paint on the outside of the cupboards (forgot to paint the insides though), and kind did a remedial update.

So, you probably have gathered from my other reviews that I'm a bit of a hotel snob. I am.. I'm also not apologizing for it. In this world there are hotels for all types. I'm just not the right type for this specific hotel.

I did have a great view from my balcony over the sea, pool and across the waters.

I categorically did not enjoy the substandard ( dated ) air con system, which never seemed to get the room cold.

I really didn't like the position of the hotel. It just seemed to be on the wrong side of the hill when it came to seeing the old town. About the pool: The pool was awesome. Not to busy. Spotlessly clean, attentive staff, great dj rocking the tunes in the afternoon.

So, what's not to like - right? Still can't put my finger on it, but hey, different strokes for different folks....just not for me

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank marc-hirschowitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The front of the hotel gives a wrong picture because it looks boring and outdated. However, the hotel is super clean and tidy. No hi-tech white leather sofas, but a little dull fabric sofa with chairs is the lobby. The rooms are really clean and equipped with everything you could need: TV, mini bar, coffee and tea. A nice balcony overlooking the garden the pool and sea. This applies to all two-bed rooms. The singles are all on the front, a busy street and are small, the bed is a queen.
The gym is small but ok. Fine, large pool, good temperature in a beautiful green garden with sea views. A poolside bar for drinks and food.
The breakfast is good, something for everyone, yoghurt, eggs, fresh fruit, coffee, etc. from a machine or a Jura machine
Opposite the hotel is the garage of the hotel, so that the car can be parked safely.
It is highly recommended, because the staff will do everything in order to please you. Especially the receptionists are affectionate, patient and helpful.
Actually, I do have some regrets of my report, because the hotel will now be fuller or more expensive. And then I'd have to miss the next time because I'm sure go back!

Room Tip: Single rooms are on the busy front side, 2 bedrooms are on the sea side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
THBLOSMOLINOS, Director General at THB Los Molinos, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing THB Los Molinos for your vacations.

I can assure that our goal is your full satisfaction with the property and the service and we are very happy to see that we have succeeded.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon again.

The hotel manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome n picturesque hotel. Loved every bit there. So close to beach yet in the city centre. Easily accessible and variety of options for breakfast.
Good idea is to hire scooter and roam around Ibiza. Can do trekking to beach as well as access the beach within walking distance

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sowmya G
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate the detail and time you took to write it. We very much appreciate your comments of your recent stay. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

The management.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Perfect location,easy walking to Ibiza town,nearby beaches and restraunts.
The hotel itself is located right on the seafront,rooms are comfortable and staff friendly.We will be returning this Summer.Great value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunnijim
Dear Guest.

We would like to thank you for your comment. It's a pleasure to read that you had a nice stay between us.

We hope you come back soon.

Kind regard.

Manager
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel is about a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport and also a similar time to walk into the centre of Ibiza town. We had booked a room with a sea view overlooking the gardens and swimming pool area. I would recommend a sea view room as those facing the street would I am sure be noisy.
The pool is a good size and there were ample sun beds, but not sure if that would be the case in the height of summer when the hotel would be busier.
There was a wedding reception held while we were staying and staff did take many of the sun umbrellas for use at the reception.
All areas of the hotel and pool area were very clean.
My main problem with this hotel was the food particularly at dinner and also some customer service issues.
In the main breakfast was OK although it would have been better if the fried eggs were cooked to order as is the case in most hotels nowadays.
I did not have a problem with the quality of food at dinner but the very narrow choice available, particularly with the starters and sweets. Clearly the starters are going to comprise of mainly salad items but one does expect these to be accompanied with items such as cold meats or fish, but mainly that was not the case.
Also with the sweets the choice was very limited and one evening I counted a total of only ten sweets. It appeared that the hotel put out enough sweets for the exact number of guests!! There was never cheese and biscuits available as a sweet.
The food is not of a standard expected at a four star hotel and I have stayed at hotels in Ibiza where the food is far better than at the Hotel Los Molinos.
One evening at dinner the head waiter asked me to sign for the cost of the meal as I presume he thought we were staying bed and breakfast only - I wish we had!! Why he didn't ask first I don't know. I explained we were staying half board. He then disappeared, presumably to check, but never came back with an apology. After dinner I went to reception and I was told there had been an error. What made matters worse was that when we checked out two days later there were two further charges for dinners on our bill, although to be fair these charges had been offset by credits. Again no satisfactory explanation or apology!
One evening we decided to have a drink in the bar before retiring and although there was only ourselves and a few other people in the bar we sat there for possibly 15 minute waiting to be served. In the end we got up and left and went for a drink in the bar across the road where the staff were much more efficient.
Clearly the hotel does have some good points as I have described but in many areas needs to improve significantly.
I will certainly not be using this hotel again when I next holiday in Ibiza.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel choose a room with a sea view as they are much quieter than those fac...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tom186356
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from first holiday at the Los Molinos hotel. Agree with all good points made by previous reviewers regarding great location, food, sea view rooms on upper floors and on the whole friendly and helpful staff. Our only slight criticism comes with regard to the regular weddings that are held on the Saturdays. Whilst I fully appreciate there needs to be compromise on these occasions, our poolside area was restricted, all available sun umbrellas were taken to use at the wedding tables and there was only a skeleton staff manning the bar as all other members of staff were being used elsewhere. Whilst understandable these events should not be at the inconvenience of the paying guests.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in Los Molinos for a long weekend during Easter. Booked a great deal with Expedia. We were wondering if the hotel would in fact be there and up to the standards described. We were pleasantly surprised! What a great place! Ok, so maybe not 4 stars to the max, but it was really comfortable with everything you might need.

Location is great, you can walk everywhere, and the staff was super friendly. We asked for twin beds and got a big room with a double and extra single. Plus a large balcony with a sea view. The pool is outstanding, with enough deck chairs, towels and even a bar. The barlady is very friendly, and there is a lunch service available.

We didn't have dinner in the hotel, but there are some options available. The breakfast buffet is extensive, with cook-to-order omelettes and lots of cheese, bread, meats to choose from. The beds are not super comfortable, but it was ok for a weekend.

There is a spa with a gym, hot tub and small heated pool. Apparently massages are also given, but we didn't take advantage of that. The hot tub is great after a day lounging in the sun at the pool. There is a bus stop around 10 minutes walk if you don't have a car, but the hotel also offers onsite parking if available.

I would definitely go back there, especially for the value for money!

Room Tip: Pick a sea view room, third floor upwards.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Girlinholland
THBLOSMOLINOS, Director General at THB Los Molinos, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing THB Los Molinos for your vacations.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon again.

The hotel manager
#15 of 51 in Ibiza Town
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
#2 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to THB Los Molinos? Share your experiences!