Hotel Cenit
Ryans Ibiza Apartments(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$227
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Royal Plaza Hotel(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$160
US$361
US$337
US$217
US$211
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$193
Simbad Hotel(Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$336
  • Pool
El Hotel Pacha(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
US$409
US$320
Orbitz.com
Hotel Ses Figueres(Talamanca)(Great Value!)
US$182
  • Beachfront
US$145
  • Pool
Hotel Playasol Lei Ibiza(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$152
  • Pool
All reviewspool areasea viewold townbasic mealelectric hobstar hotelspacious roomeuro depositsmall kitchenetteweek staylocation is greathotel is excellenttwin bedsbus stoproof terracedecent sizestudio
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The location and pool are this hotel's bonus points. It's set on a hill that overlooks a really pretty bay. Someone should buy this hotel and make it 5* just for the gorgeous views.
The apartment we had - for four of us - was great, big enough with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool and the view.
No air-con is not ideal I admit.
The food on offer is basic and doesn;t really offer much choice.
Despite its pitfalls I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I always admired the Cenit hotel ever since I have been holidaying in Ibiza and so was very excited at the thought of staying there.

We arrived early due to unsociable flights and we had to wait until 2pm to be given our room.
We booked a studio apartment and the first thing we noticed, was the absence of air con and I had to hire a fan at the cost of 2 euros a day, it would have been very uncomfortable sleeping at night without a fan,.
We overlooked a small road and some residential properties, the road was very noisy along with screaming children, barking little dogs and noisy scooters.
I had to wear ear plugs to have a good nights sleep, not to mention the noisy hired expensive fan!.

The pool and bar looked fabulous, but the bar staff were very keen on selling you alcoholic drinks and under no circumstances take your own drinks in to the pool area, I was soon verbally chastised.
Oh and I was short changed by 10 euros at the pool bar by one of the bar staff, I did not have the energy to challenge the issue.

The hotel appeared to have a care free attitude towards security and some people had had their bags taken from the pool and personal belongings taken from their rooms, so you are well advised to hire a safe.

So overall, we were disappointed, I can't help thinking, maybe they are taking advantage of the 'pink pound'.

Don and Colin
Croydon South London

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Stayed here for a 3 day weekend, as part of a 2.5week trip to Spain. The hotel is nicely situated at the top of a hill and has a nice porch. Upon arrival, check-in was simple and efficient, the lobby is very dated and has that low budget European feel. But the hotel seemed full. Paid for and received the cheapest room, on the first floor with a nice porch, but no view. You are given a key the room and asked to return it when you leave, then pick up again up returning. I actually loved this concept as I never worried about losing it. The hallways were dark and had sensor lighting, but never got very bright. The room itself was dated and sparse but certainly functional. There is no TV or Fridge, very light linens, the bathroom was a decent size and the shower was surprisingly nice. The walls are paper thin as some others have mentioned, which wouldn't be an issue, except all the doors slam shut very loudly and the maids move all the beds around on the tile floors. Across the street from the hotel is a nice pool and bar with cheap beers and sangria and a great view. It was very crowded each day we were there, and was about 90% gay men I would say. Its also open to the public, but the crowd seemed like all tourists. The hotel is a 15-20min walk into Ibiza town. Dont take the scenic route, go down to the main street. Its much faster. There is also Figuertas Beach just a 5min walk down the hill. It was a quite nice place to eat and relax.
Comments and Tips: Pay the 3 Euro for the AC. It works very well and it was so nice to come back to a cool room. Bring beach towels. They offer none, but do sell them. We bought some in town for 10 Euro which became our souvenirs. There is a small safe deposit box for 2 euro a day I think. No safe in the room, but I recommend the box. Wifi worked the last day, thats it, and its only offered in the lounge to begin with. Go to Figuertas beach, they have free wifi and it works very well. There is a taxi stand at the bottom of the hill by the beach and there was always a cab there.

Room Tip: A view would make all the difference, be sure to book one. Bring a beach towel and get AC.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CJFromNYC
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Its a clean set of apartments and adjacent hotel. Be aware that booking late will most likely get you a room facing a wall or on a level that isn't very secure, or in the hotel with no balcony or terrace.

I have stayed many times over the past 15 years, mainly because it can be very cheap if booked early and in the shoulder season - This trip was an exception as it was peak, but still good value. The staff aren't very friendly, but its cheap and cheerful so you dont really expect so.

Trying to change rooms is a nightmare, mostly because they are often full, but I have had times there where they weren't full and they just dont like to offer the option (I guess its another room to service), but I was lucky that a rep from the company i booked through was there and he knew one of the other apartments was free so gave me that one

In summary, its a cheap, clean hotel that is good value for money, but dont expect any decent kind of service or friendly staff - was fine for me as it was an apartment holiday so didnt have to see them from one day to the next. I'd go again just for the price. The best by far is the pool on top of the apartments - its run as a public pool, but guests get priority.

Room Tip: book apartmentvery early (even a year in advance)
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ChrisWOwens
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a short 4 night break. Was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel- room was basic with a double bed but entirely adequate. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the bay so had fantastic views out to sea. Hadn't realised that this was a gay- friendly hotel- it was quiet whilst we were there. Think we were the only straight couple at the hotel but this did not matter.

The hotel is located on a hill so a bit of a walk into town or the beach but there are steps to both of these close to the hotel. The hotel has a lovely pool overlooking the bay with plenty of sun loungers and a nice pool bar.
We paid for bed and breakfast- the breakfast was basic ( cereals, bread, ham, cheese, orange juice, coffee) but for the price thought this was more than adequate.
The hotel staff were polite and helpful but not particularly friendly.
I would certainly recommend this hotel as offers great value.

• Stayed: May 2011