“Average hotel, good location”

El Puerto Hotel Apartments
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It is a very very average hotel and very basic but if you are looking for a good location in Ibiza Town then its fabulous.
Breakfast is basic but edible, rooms are ok and were clean as is swimming pool. Wifi access is ok in lobby areas!

There is a supermarket across the road which is really handy and access to shops and transport is great from the hotel.

Staff were very unhelpful and rude, they do not go that extra mile for you- they seem like the types that do not get much job satisfaction!

All in all nothing much that a really average place but in a central location!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aycin D

Reviewed 20 September 2013

If you are looking for a reasonable accomodation for few nights this hotel could fit your need it is centrally located, walking distance to the port from where ferry leaves for formentera. It is clean but with no charme at all and a small pool. Breakfast is below average. Hotel staff service is just ok, it is a plus that you are close to bus tops, taxy ranks and lots of restaurants. Rooms big enough and beds comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

There was a supermarket across the street with reasonable prices so that was really the only plus to this hotel. Unfortunately the room did not have a refrigerator or hair dryer, which is much more important than the flat screen TV in the room. You have to pay for wifi on your own device or pay to use their computers in the lobby. The room did not have sheer curtains so you either had a dark room with privacy from the apt building very close across the street or no privacy and sunlight in your room. Because the lights in the room did not provide enough light, and I didn't want to sacrifice my privacy, so I just had to make due with a room too dark.

Our room was not clean when we entered, I saw lots of long hairs on the floor. The toilet seat had the sanitary seal on it yet it was not clean. On two occasions the maid did not knock on our door before entering to clean the room. The hallway does not have lights on at night.The bathroom strangely has a window to the hallway and at night with your lights on, people in the hallway can see you. Like most other hotels in Spain, for some strange reason separate beds are placed right next to each other.

The restaurant did not have a written menu. This is really a hotel for 20-something people partying in Ibiza. It's walking distance to the all the shops and restaurants in Ibiza Town however the beach was a good 20 minute walk away following a map.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank edgycoolness
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was my first visit to Ibiza and I've been told some nightmare stories from friends about hotels in the area.

The location is really good. It's very close to the main part of the old town, with bus stops, taxi ranks and lots of restaurants.

The rooms were fairly spacious, and the beds fairly comfortable. The mattress protector is basically plastic sheeting so a bit squeaky when you move around at night, but not too off putting. You can hear everything that goes on in the hallway, but luckily I was at the far end of the corridor so found it fairly quiet and wasn't disturbed. There was working AC in the room, albeit it was a tad loud. The shower went from extremely hot to very cold instantly, and multiple times throughout, but it was tolerable.

The pool area was clean and tidy too.

Staff not the most helpful. We asked them to book us a taxi and they refused, so instead we walked the local taxi rank and waited 20 minutes in the taxi queue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed for 4 nights. For our needs the hotel was perfect, it was quiet and clean. We only used the hotel as a base and to sunbathe so it was the right choice for us. If you're after a hotel just to use for sleeping and getting ready then it's value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Clairemg69
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed here last night, mainly as I have a tour starting from here in a day or two (convenience) and most other accom was booked out. First thing as I walked into the reception, I was ignored by the two receptionists for a good 4-5 minutes. Once I got my room, as soon as I opened it, it stank of cigarette smoke. Being late and everything else i looked at was booked, I sprayed some cologne around to try and mask the smell.

The hallway was dark, and had to feel around for some kind of light switch to light the hallway so I could find my room.

Aircon worked, however it couldn't be turned off unless the power to the room was off, and it couldn't be adjusted. It blowed straight on to the bed.

Tv had 25-30 channels, however only 2 news ones were English. This didn't bother me too much, as I didn't come here to watch telly.

Paper thing walls, could hear everything from next door, to the cars, scooters and pedestrians outside.

Breakfast wasn't really edible. The cerial was ok, the bread was really chewy and stale, even though I toasted it.

Location was not too bad, at the end of the street was the port, and not far from the hippie markets. I believe there were 2 strip clubs just down on the other side of the road. That didn't bother me, however it may bother other potential (I hope not) guests.

My tour starts/started the next day, reception didn't seem bothered that I wasn't staying there for the second night.

It may seem that I'm being fussy, but I normally stay at hostels, and even done a few overnight busses and trains and this didn't even come close to the comfort and quality of those. Spend and extra couple of minutes and consider other places.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2013

El Puerto is a straightforward, no frills hotel that delivers on the basics and more to the point it is right in the centre of the old town. Very convenient for some good restaurants and the ferrys. This year we were in room 228, which appeared to have been recently renovated. It was a good sized room with plenty of space and a very modern bathroom. It even had a rain shower. Wifi is available - for a charge in the rooms but it is free in the public areas. However, it was pretty inconsistent and kept dropping out. I managed emails OK but anything else was a non-starter.

There was some outside noise with garbage trucks in the early hours, but that is to be expected in a city. Overall, it was OK did the job but there are probably similar hotels that offer better value. Our rate was E120 which seemed a little steep for what was on offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple