Having read the other reviews, the only thing which allows me to conclude we actually stayed in the same hotel as everyone else is the praise for the reception staff. They were very helpful and had a great attitude (and unlike 1 other reviewer were delighted to carry the ironing board up to the third floor!). Other than that....
- Rooms average: shower horrible (with a shower curtain)
- Pool terrible unless you like shade by 6pm and being stared at by other guests but essentially ignored by the poolside "service"
- Breakfast a tragic attempt at continental cool (although to be fair to Es Vive, people dont stay here for the breakast - but if you're going to do something, do it right)
- We returned early from Pacha (at 4) expecting to maybe enjoy the much vaunted bar/pool experience and it was a ghost town
- Unfortunately, the other guests seemed a rather tragic group of people-watchers and wannabes, although this comment is probably more a reflection on me getting old and grumpy
We chose Es Vive as a base for 1 night to go clubbing, thinking it would be a good pre-club/post-club option but it disappointed and we felt was a particularly low-grade attempt to copy a Miami hotel. I guess standards in ibiza are generally lower but overall I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone who has experience of staying in decent/good hotels elsewhere.More
- Free Wifi