“BEST LOCATION, CLEAN & CHEAP!”
Review of Hostal Juanita

Hostal Juanita
Ranked #4 of 23 Ibiza Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Hostal Jaunita is the perfect location if you want to go shopping in the center of Ibiza, go to the best beaches inFormentera during the day, just take the Ferry ( 2 min walking) and party at night, Pacha & Lio ( 15 min walking distance).
Is a clean hostal, nice rooms, and amazing breakfast spot and chill out Terrace.. We had an amazing Time. Also friendly service. But the best: The price for its location!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christine H
HostalJuanita, Director de Recepción at Hostal Juanita, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion about your stay with us. Your satisfaction is the best motivation for the entire team and we would like to thank you for that as well. We appreciate also that you provided to future possible guests so many details about us.
We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Kind regards,

Reception Manager

There are newer reviews for Hostal Juanita

Reviewed 21 September 2013

In general, this is a nice, clean hostal in a central location. There are 4-5 floors with no lift! Noise insulation is poor - the room walls must be paper thin - you can hear people talking & engaging in other nighttime activities in the rooms next door / above and below. Noise is a problem here - the end of corridor metal doors always appear to slam shut and the noise echos down the hallways - waking you up. Nighttime reception staff appear to need some customer service training in making guests feel more welcome (maybe daytime shifts would suit current night staff better). This hostal appears to charge a higher than average rate for what it actually offers / provides. WiFi is limited to reception area - shame the don't have WiFi booster on each floor so that you could use this from your room and have the option a more private video call with friends / family.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the property - not facing the road. Take ear plugs to manage the noise...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank London267
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed a couple of nights at Hostal Juanita and We won't come back, mainly because it was too noisy. it's impossible to have quality sleep.

We found it pretty clean, the Hostel is in a great location, the stuff was nice and the decoration is pretty cool but the noise made our stay horrible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Giro_10
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I had the great opportunity to spend a long weekend at this hostel. My boyfriend booked it for us and, honestly, at first when I read hostel I was a bit esceptic. But I was completely wrong! it feels like a normal nice hotel, well the decoration is even nicer than most of the hotels I've been.. and that terrace on the roof is just too pretty to be true. Having some cocktails at night up there... I wish Id be right now again enjoying that place. :) and finnaly, the location... it is just in the very very center.! cannot be better..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa P
HostalJuanita, Director de Recepción at Hostal Juanita, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all we thank you for the trust that you have placed in our establishment. It is very gratifying to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations. We work diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest.
We hope to see you again very soon.
From entire team we extend our warmest regards.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

First of all I should preface this review by saying that generally I am a 4* or nothing kinda gal. Saying that, I was pleasantly surprised by Juanita Hostel despite my high standards!

Check in was efficient and the member of staff was incredibly helpful even providing me with a map and recommendations for shopping, eating and sightseeing.

I had a single room on the top floor. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed provided a fantastic night's sleep. The room features a hand basin and the shared bathroom was across the corridor - I always found it clean and empty. Unfortunately the roof terrace was closed during the times I was at the hostel (only open for breakfast and after 19.30) so I cannot comment but was a shame not to be able to read a book up there during the day. The Wi-fi connection was strong and never dropped out. The location was fantastic, right next to the main through-fare Passeig Vara De Rey and a short walk to Dalt Vila (the old town).

My only criticism would be the ventilation in the room. A window overlooking the ventilation shaft with a blind was fine and dandy in the day but at night (if, like me, you're not a clubber) you are forced to close the window to drown out the sounds of everyone coming home in the early hours banging around, using the bathrooms with open doors and shouting across the ventilation shaft. In the height of summer you would definitely need a fan in the room!

All in all a fab stay especially as my one night cost €50.

Room Tip: No lift in the hostel so if you've a heavy bag or not a fan of flights of stairs then requesting...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest ,

We thank you so much for your wonderful positive feedback about our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Hostal Juanita. We hope to see you again very soon.

From the heart of Ibiza and from our entire team we extend our warmest regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

very nice little hostal just in the middle of the center.perfect walking distance to everything.... Amazing views on the roof terrace!! Unbeatable. the people very kind and helpfull.... Excellent choice price/quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
HostalJuanita, Director de Recepción at Hostal Juanita, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We were very pleased about your friendly assessment regarding your stay at Hostal Juanita and we thank you very much for choosing our hostal for your Ibiza stay as well as for your recommendation. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reception Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2012

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE SO FAR !!
Forget this place : see my own experience below...

Scene 0 : the booking.
I had an additional night to book in Ibiza.
I chose Hostal Juanito for its central position.
I chose a large suite with A/C, private bathroom for a very correct price of 180 euros that I booked about one month ago via Booking.com
The booking was confirmed, everything sounded perfect...

Scene 1 : No Habitacion
Until 2 days ago, when I had a phone call & a voice message from the reception kindly speaking a good French mentioning that unfortunatly my booking was canceled : "no habitacion"...
I was invited, if I wanted to, to call them for further explanations.

As my appartment was nearby, I went to the hotel yesterday.
Only to learn that there was nothing to be done : "I'm sorry !"...
No Habitacion...
When saying that they have a problem with booking, I was told that it was me who have a problem with booking...
I then asked them to call booking. I explained my problem to booking on the phone and they talked together.
At the end, after half an hour, magically, my problem was gone - I will have my room the day after (meaning today).

Scene 2 : The checking in.
I'm arriving this evening to check in with my luggage.
The lady at the reception had difficulties to find out my booking.
Finally, she tells me that in spite of my booking, there is no suite left.
She can downgrade me to a standard room or a superior room... Ah yes, not to mention that in spite of a crazy heat outside, there is no A/C in the room, and the bathroom & toilets are outside the room !!!!
The price will be a regular 120 euro (to compare with the 180 euros confirmed on the booking with suite, A/C, toilets etc,...), no possible bargain.
To make it quick : new phone call to Booking.com, 45 mn negotiation, no more room anywhere else around... To get an unbelievably poor 20 euros discount !!!!!

Please avoid this place !!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends