“Would not recommend it”

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Antwerp, Belgium
“Would not recommend it”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Good location, right on the beach, but that's about the only positive I have to say. We paid 118 euro a night (high season), which I think is a down right rip-off. The staff is not very friendly and could never advise on things like public transportation etc... The rooms were quite run down, borderline shabby. It was unbearably hot in the room (no aircon, only a fan). And what I found the most annoying: it was extremely noisy, with ppl in the hallway, in the street, traffic from 7 am.. etc.
I would never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The breakfast was good and the location was excellent.

Even though we had booked two rooms in December and requested sea view and balconies, the rooms were not adjacent and one of them did not have a balcony.Neither of them was a sea view room.The manager had called me in March and specified that they allocate rooms a week in advance and she could not guarantee that rooms with sea view would be allocated.I don't undersatnd that system and I think that it isn't effective as I specifically requested the rooms and we were there for 9 nights.

The rooms were too hot and the fan did not make any difference.There was a cockroach in the room the first night we were there, but they were all over the island! The worst aspect was the attitude of the reception staff.They simply shrugged their shoulders and said 'I don''t know' to any questions that we asked.Appaling service for 100 euros per night!The cleaners did not replenish the soaps and even though we made a request at the reception desk, it still did not happen.

This is the worst customer service we have ever received and we stay at a lot of hotels all the time.Staff are very disrespectful and everything is a bit of a bother for them.I am not fussy at all and as a matter of fact it is the first time I complain about a hotel.The attitude of the reception desk staff is simply unacceptable.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Request a sea view room and if you are lucky you might get one!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank IKLondon_12

Travellers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

Vienna
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Good value for little money (for Ibiza standards), great location between Playa d'en Bossa and Eivissa (you can walk in both directions), directly at the nice Figueretes beach, very nice staff. Our room was very basic but clean (and it had a fan + power outlets). The rooms with a balcony might be nicer though. Some people have mentioned the noise (planes, traffic, party people) - this is true but will also apply to every other hotel in Playa d'en Bossa.

all in all, we felt the hotel was perfectly alright for 3 days and would recommend it. but if you are about to spend your only week of holiday of the year here, you might be a bit dissapointed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mimobloggt
London
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed here for a few nights with my boyfriend in September and found the hotel good value for money - we got what we paid for! The hotel location is superb, it was central enough to clubs, bars and restaurants yet on a quiet stretch of town - and having the beach on our doorstep was fab! One of the main reasons we stayed here was that we had the ferry to Formentera right next to the hotel. The rooms are simple but very clean and had a maid service every day. Our room was warm without air conditioning, however we were situated at the back of the hotel which was more shaded, so I don't think we struggled with the heat in the rooms as much as others. Even though we were there for the Ibiza nightlife, we didn't want a 'party' hotel and I'm so happy we got what we wanted! Breakfast was fine, typical continental style, there are many cafes close by for anyone wanting something more substantial. Overall a cheap and cheerful place to stay. We would definitely stay again if we were on a budget.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are cooler but no sea view, rooms at the front have the sun and sea but are hot wi...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Madagascar-Blue
amsterdam
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The location of the hotel was great but do not expect too much else. The rooms were in need of refurbishment as was the hotel in general. The beds were very uncomfortable.The breakfast was terrible and we decided to buy out after a few days. The bread was like chewing gum, the same cheese every day, the coffee from the coffee machine was terrible. In their defence the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank chistorra
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I booked this hotel because the mar y playa, where I have been staying for years and which is very good value, was fully booked. The hotel is cheap, clean and its location is perfect but that are the only postivie points I can think of. The hotel is in absolute need of refurbishing. The rooms and beds are worn out, the rooms can get very hot and there is no fan, fridge or airco available. The hotel and its surroundings can be quite noisy so sleeping with open window is not always an option though the heat in the rooms can be unbearable,especially in the rooms with no sea view (but do not expect the sea view rooms to be cool!!). There are literally no plugs in the rooms (!) so it is for example impossible to charge your mobile. Staff can not be bothered (especially the older lady at the reception desk is extremely uninterested and unfriendly, she would for example refuse me to change rooms though I staied in the hotel for 2 weeks and while my room was very badly situated (hot, noisy, parial sea view) . Ignore her and talk to her male colleague which is a lot nicer). The breakfast is extremely poor (for example no fruit or water is available), every day exactly the same and served until 10 o'clock only which is very early for ibiza... I will never stay in this hotel again and advise you to book the mar y playa or ibiza playa hotel, which are a bit more exepensive but still very afordable and much nicer places to stay then this worn and poorly managed place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank piboBelgium
Ibiza
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I was there with my boyfriend for 2 weeks ! and it was great even though it was really hot the whole stay and this hotel has no aircon or fan. But we survived and enjoyed our stay there - location is really great - beach 20 meters, bus station 5 mins, restaurants, bars few steps, nice promenade in front of hotel, 15 mins to Playa den Bossa..
I would definitely reccomend to pay for room with sea view, because evening with bottle of wine on their terrace is just unforgetable when you watch world passing by, nice people, see, boats...
Rooms are simple but good enough...Maybe more suitable for younger people who do not care if there is a bit louder during the night because clubbers are everywhere around :)
Will come back ! ! !