“disappointing stay”

Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Norwich
“disappointing stay”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My wife, 5 month old daughter and I stayed at Los Robles apartments on the 16th and 17th August 2012. We were kindly helped to find accommodation in Ibiza by the manager of an appartment on Formentera.

I would like to report on our stay at Los Robles because some areas of the accommodation and customer service are unsatisfactory.

When we arrived at the apartments, everything looked fine. We didn't look too closely at the room as we were just glad to get there and want to rest. It was only on closer inspection that we realised that there were some problems with the accommodation. Admittedly some were small problems, but some were bigger, dangerous, and not what you expect when you are paying 144 Euros per night

Firstly, we were not offered any help with our bags up to the room even though we had a little sleeping baby with us.

I have photographic evidence for the following but am not sure how to upload them...

1. A cracked glass sign that housed the 'free wifi' poster
2. Only one, flat pillow per bed
3. The paint on the ceiling in the bathroom peeling off
4. The coffee maker had mould in the bottom of it
5. The cupboards had very poor quality crockery and cutlery in them
6. The cooker hob was rusted and broken so much that you could not stand the coffee maker on any of the flames
7. The fridge had shelves missing, no door to the freezer compartment and was set very cold so that our drinks and food that we bought from the supermarket had frozen when we wanted them
8. The 'washing line' on the balcony was broken
9. We were given no instruction on how to use the cooker and turn on the gas
10. No washing up equipment in the kitchen

When I went to speak with the manager about some of these problems, she was very defensive and I found her rude and aggressive. She told me that it was the cleaning woman's fault about the mould and acted as if I should have known about the gas under the sink. I asked her why she was not just helping me to solve the problems rather than acting like this. She then said she would get a new coffee maker and come to the room with more pillows and show me how the gas worked.

She also brought some equipment to place on the hob so the coffee maker would stand safely. When she had gone, I started boiling some water. After 10 minutes we realised that these things she had brought us were smouldering and burning and giving off acrid smoke that was making us feel sick. We gave up trying to make coffee or boil water.

We were very disappointed with our stay in Los Robles.

We use Trip Advisor whenever we travel and read the reviews about accommodation and restaurants (as do millions of other travellers) and we realise that a bad review can have a negative impact on the success of businesses - especially in the off season when there is not so much competition. So I did not want to post these points about the poor value for money that we experienced at Los Robles without giving the owner the chance to reply and offer me some explanation about the terrible quality of the accommodation that we experienced.

I have not had any explanation.

In England, if you paid the same amount for 1 night as Los Robles charged, you could find 5* luxury accommodation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan J

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Not too shabby, especially when there are 5 ppl and you're paying 225 euros per night in peak season! Bathrooms are newly renovated but has an old kitchen. 2 large balconies, and 2 large bedrooms. We were lucky as we had a full fridge (in the lounge room), whilst some friends who stayed in the room next door only a bar fridge.

in terms of location, it is exceptional. The disco buses are down the end of the road near mcdonalds. heaps of restaurants, supermarkets, and bars close by.

Just bear in mind that this is Ibiza - you dont want to be spending time in doors ;-)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Roden, holland
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Ibiza is a very nice place to stay for gay (and hetero) people.
The appartment is right in the middle of the old city. Furniture is rather old. Bathroom has been renovated recently. Kitchen is complete, but it is more comfortable to go out for dinner. There is a (small but complete) supermarket in the neighbourhood.
The busstop to the beach is a 7 minutes walk

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 18 September 2009

The apartment was not what I expected. When we first arrived their was no one at the front desk. We happened to find a nice couple walking by that had recently checked in. They told us that the front desk lady is never there and that we need to call her to get checked in. We called her and guess what she was sleeping upstairs during her working hours. She comes down and checks us in and gives us two keys, but only one works for three people. We are staying a total of three nights and realize that we were only given enough towels for one night. We thought that she would come and clean the next day and she didn't it. We went down twice in the morning to find her to collect more towels and let her know that the apartment needed to be cleaned because the sheets had bed bugs and we found bugs in the apartment, and finally caught up with her. When we told her all the things wrong, she seem bothered, and she gave new sheets with the same tiny bugs, also that she cleans every two days! What??? We are only staying a total of three nights, why would you clean the day before we are leaving? Plus, we ended up finding cleaning supplies in the hallway and cleaned the apartment ourselves. By the way, she never came and cleaned the place. One day we came back into the apartment and we smelled smoke in the apartment and like someone had been in their looking around. Strange, right? Luckly we did not leave any money around. I could have stayed somewhere else, but we chose this really crappy place with a attendant that was never in the front or around when her hours were posted as such. She seemed bothered when you asked her anything and never cleaned or apartment. I would never reccommend this apartment to anyone planning to stay in ibiza. I ruined my trip. I could never get a good nights rest, because I was sleeping with bed bugs. So discussed!

Jennifer