My wife, 5 month old daughter and I stayed at Los Robles apartments on the 16th and 17th August 2012. We were kindly helped to find accommodation in Ibiza by the manager of an appartment on Formentera.
I would like to report on our stay at Los Robles because some areas of the accommodation and customer service are unsatisfactory.
When we arrived at the apartments, everything looked fine. We didn't look too closely at the room as we were just glad to get there and want to rest. It was only on closer inspection that we realised that there were some problems with the accommodation. Admittedly some were small problems, but some were bigger, dangerous, and not what you expect when you are paying 144 Euros per night
Firstly, we were not offered any help with our bags up to the room even though we had a little sleeping baby with us.
I have photographic evidence for the following but am not sure how to upload them...
1. A cracked glass sign that housed the 'free wifi' poster
2. Only one, flat pillow per bed
3. The paint on the ceiling in the bathroom peeling off
4. The coffee maker had mould in the bottom of it
5. The cupboards had very poor quality crockery and cutlery in them
6. The cooker hob was rusted and broken so much that you could not stand the coffee maker on any of the flames
7. The fridge had shelves missing, no door to the freezer compartment and was set very cold so that our drinks and food that we bought from the supermarket had frozen when we wanted them
8. The 'washing line' on the balcony was broken
9. We were given no instruction on how to use the cooker and turn on the gas
10. No washing up equipment in the kitchen
When I went to speak with the manager about some of these problems, she was very defensive and I found her rude and aggressive. She told me that it was the cleaning woman's fault about the mould and acted as if I should have known about the gas under the sink. I asked her why she was not just helping me to solve the problems rather than acting like this. She then said she would get a new coffee maker and come to the room with more pillows and show me how the gas worked.
She also brought some equipment to place on the hob so the coffee maker would stand safely. When she had gone, I started boiling some water. After 10 minutes we realised that these things she had brought us were smouldering and burning and giving off acrid smoke that was making us feel sick. We gave up trying to make coffee or boil water.
We were very disappointed with our stay in Los Robles.
We use Trip Advisor whenever we travel and read the reviews about accommodation and restaurants (as do millions of other travellers) and we realise that a bad review can have a negative impact on the success of businesses - especially in the off season when there is not so much competition. So I did not want to post these points about the poor value for money that we experienced at Los Robles without giving the owner the chance to reply and offer me some explanation about the terrible quality of the accommodation that we experienced.
I have not had any explanation.
In England, if you paid the same amount for 1 night as Los Robles charged, you could find 5* luxury accommodation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Apartments Los Robles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Los Robles Ibiza/Ibiza Town