“Poseidon Apartments, Ibiza”

Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Kilmessan, Ireland
“Poseidon Apartments, Ibiza”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed in the Poseidon Apartments in Ibiza from 9th July to the 16th July. Wasn't too sure what to expect as the reviews were mixed. We booked a one bedroom apartment and so did my sister and her family (2 adults and 2 children in each family) and when we got there they gave us 2 two bedroom apartments. They were grand and very clean (the outside may need a bit of paint). We had views of the pool and the beach. The apartments while we were there were cleaned every day and we had clean towels every day. The pool was gorgeous and clean and we got the kids Pizza at the pool for a snack which the kids said was the nicest pizza ever! The location of these apartments was great, near the beach and playa den bossa. We also could walk into Ibiza old town. I would definitely booked these apartments again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
istanbul
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We where there as 2 guys for 6 days ,

First : In the room , my sunglasses and headset of my smartphone were lost..
I'm sure they are stolen in the room.
In the forum you can see other posts saying
some peoplem got robbed in their room .. but I didn't read them before I go :(

Also : it takes at least 20 minutes to walk to Bora Bora beach .. it's not near and Old Town also
very far.

I never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bulent b

Travellers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

Marseille, France
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This apartment is perfect for friend holidays. We went two guys and one girl in the beginning of June when Ibiza is starting to be more lively. It has everything you will need to stay in Ibiza and surprisingly cheap, we paid 20€ per night each in June, which is what you usually pay in any youth hostel in England, and sharing room with any 5 others.
The room service is done everyday and the staff is very nice and helpful, they really give good tips to know the island and the nightpartying in Ibiza.
It is very well located because it is 5 min walking to the two main beaches of Ibiza. At the same time, there are plenty of locals where you can rent motos or cars to travel around the island.
It is also close to pre-clubs bars, which makes easier to start the party.

Room Tip: The rooms with sea view are completely worthy, very nice to have the meal just in front of the s
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shevek91
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

It is important to stress that Poseidon I and Poseidon II/III are no longer linked in any way and the apartments are now called as per my title (see above).
We arrived on Sunday 20th May and were warmly greeted to these self-catering apartments by brothers Fernando and Juan Ferre who are now responsible for the running of this establishment.
Nothing was too much trouble for the brothers and we immediately felt very confident and relaxed. The apartment was reasonably well-appointed, comfortable and clean. The facilities were more than adequate to enjoy a self-catering holiday with everything necessary provided in the kitchenette. Although we did not actually use the pool, it was very clean and well-maintained with an abundance of sunbeds.
The location of the apartments is ideal,the airport is 20 minutes away by car but far enough away so as to not cause concern or disturbance by aircraft landing/taking off.
The apartments are very near to Figuretes beach (3 mins walk!) and 10 mins by car to Ibiza town, so ideal for those wanting a good base to explore the delights of the island.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Apartmentos Poseidon, would not hesitate to recommend the complex to others and would return ourselves!

Room Tip: If at all possible, ask for room 46 - the views are fantastic and the bathroom is fab.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I think most people have hit the nail on the head with this place.
Posiedon II offers very basic accomodation in a fantastic location close to Ibiza town and Bora Bora.
I stayed for 3 nights (any longer I would have chosen elsewhere), for a whistle stop tour of Space, Bora Bora and Ibiza Town - it did the job.
Rooms were clean and the staff were surprisingly helpful (even at 2AM)!
Not too sure about the tacky Italian Europop blasting out in the evening though!
All in all - Fine for a cheap, basic, short trip to Ibiza but if you are staying for 1 week plus, I would pay a little more and chose higher rated accomodation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dre77
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2011

my self and my husband have just returned from this hotel...we were broken into on our second night there ..they took everything we own including underwear. manangment were not bothered infact i had to ask for a meeting with the manager the next day. he offered nothing just another room and said this never happens..i advised him this was a lie as the guard told me 3 other families had been robbed that night. not a nice place to stay very hostile at times. no help offered to top it all they locals were shouting up at my room jeering us after they had robbed us. i wil not be returning

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank reet38
dundalk
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Wanted a cheap and cheerful holiday. Didn't expect any frills and was quite pleased with the overall set up of the apartments. They were basic and dated but clean and tidy. Nice family atmosphere and food from the restaurant was quite good and reasonably priced. On the 3rd day, we discovered €300 of our childrens money stolen from their purses and a Nintendo ds. The cleaning staff were the only people that had access to the apartment that day and when we brought it to the receptionists attention, we were told that we had wrongly accused the cleaning lady and the police were called . We were almost arrested but were told by the police that if we stopped accusing the cleaning staff, that would be no further action taken. I think this is a very dangerous place to stay for adults and children alike and from speaking to others there, they had similar experiences with money going missing.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
#28 of 51 in Ibiza Town
Apartamentos Llobet
Apartamentos Llobet
#2 of 51 in Ibiza Town

Been to Poseidon I Apartments? Share your experiences!