“A PLACE TO CRASH: WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED”

and 1 more site!
Poseidon I Apartments
Ranked #47 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Vancouver
“A PLACE TO CRASH: WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Ahh Ibiza. The land of Space, Pacha and Ushuaia. And after spending thousands nightclubbing, coming back to a semi-dump to crash just seems like the right thing to do. Friends; welcome to Poseidon.

Preface: everything in Ibiza Town or Playa den Bossa during clubbing season is a rip-off. It's unavoidable.

But in Poseidon, you have close to the best deal possible. Sea views from your large balcony, a good bathroom, large bedroom and kitchen; it puts other places in its price range to shame (actually they do it to themselves).

The operators are very pleasant and quite funny - the one guy reminds me of Diego from "Blow".

The pool is OK, a good place to crush some drinks before you go out clubbing at 11am.

Overall, we had no complaints about Poseidon. Would I recommend it? Yes I actually would - but again, focus on the clubbing. That's the real reason you're in Ibiza.

And to those who bring their babies here: go back to Nottingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alex M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My friend and I checked in on a Saturday around 10am. Reception personal Fernando was very welcoming and informative. We were a little early for check in but the cleaning lady had just finished up room 38, so up we went. The room we were given was completely outdated and ugly.The sliding door to the balcony had a small hole completely through the glass. It almost looked like a BBgun or bullet hole (not that I'm an expert, at recognizing bullet holes). We told the receptionist and took a picture to show him so wouldn't be charged for damage. He claimed it was from a stone, But the window wasn't shattered. Just a small hole completely through the glass with some indentation and frayed glass around the hole. Anyway, the shower head was also broken and water sprayed from all directions, making it impossible not to get water all over, even with the curtain drawn! The icing on the cake was when we returned to our room to find a random persons book bag by the door. The room was locked from the outside so someone obviously used a key to get in. When we first asked the overnight receptionist he claimed he had no idea what we were talking about and that no one else was given a key to room 38. About an hour later he shows up with the kid who's backpack it was. The kid has shown up late and told the man 'my friends are in room 38' (when they were really in room 14) so the receptionist instead of looking up the names to ensure he's giving this kid access to the correct room, decided to just give this random person our room key! Thank god the guy wasn't shady and didn't touch or steal anything, nothing was missing or out of place but the situation in general left a horrible taste in our mouths and just an overall bad vibe about this spot. We immediately packed our things, booked another room and bounced by 9am. I travel a lot and have NEVER had anything like this happen before. I know this situation wasn't intentional but should have been prevented. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone ever, but if you decide to stay there I hope you have a better experience.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Astreets529

Travellers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We got mixed up with a flight date and hotel bookings, which resulted in having nowehere to stay for the last day/night so we booked one night here. The apartments are perfect for an Ibiza style holiday.
Don't expect luxory or a spotless room. It's a decent price and comes with cooker/fridge/sofa/power shower/air con/pool.

We were originally staying in Jet apartments, right on Bora Bora beach, so this hotel was a littel far away for us seen as we spent most our time on Bora Bora.

If you would prefer a hotel a little quieter then this is ideal. 5min taxi or 15min walk to Bora Bora beach.

No free WiFi

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 15 September 2012

before going we had read reviews didn't really know what to think but have to say it a really nice apartment a bit dated but its really comfortable and there was lots of space for the two of us . I would recommend paying a wee bit extra for a sea-view as its really worth it .The room was spotless when we arrived the maids came with clean towels daily . Me and my friend like the area you can easily get a good night sleep if you want also the food is much better around that area compared to Playa Den Bossa . We walked everywhere its a nice walk to Ibiza town and if Your looking for a mad night Playa Den Bossa is a 15 mins away. The staff were all lovely and helpful and the food in the cafe down stairs is lovely . over all we had a lovely stay and would stay again if we going back over .we stayed in room 46 and it was lovely we stayed in poseidon 1. I think you get good value for money its not too expensive and as long as your not expecting the laps of luxury you will enjoy your stay

Room Tip: ask for seaview its worth the wee bit extra the view is so nice nice
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Hassocks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

There was a total of 5 of us travelling and the hotel gave us 2 apartments. Both apartments had 2 beds but the third bed was a sort of sofa/bed but you could still sleep on it comfortably. The main thing about poseidon 2 was that the service you got from staff was fantastic! one night we were all struggling to find a cab to go to pacha so the manager of the hotel got us all in his g wagon and drove us there personally. I have yet to stay any where that gives you that kind of service. Yes the amnesties were average but it did the job and the addition of air con & wifi was a life saver. Location wise you could walk to ibiza town if you wanted to but we were all too lazy so got a 2 minute cab or bus into town. Bora bora beach was an easy 10 min walk with club space and bars being all around this area. Overall had really good stay and would recommend to all as ibiza town & bora bora was a lot nicer than san antonio bay (which is basically england)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maximuzik
Kilmessan, Ireland
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed in the Poseidon Apartments in Ibiza from 9th July to the 16th July. Wasn't too sure what to expect as the reviews were mixed. We booked a one bedroom apartment and so did my sister and her family (2 adults and 2 children in each family) and when we got there they gave us 2 two bedroom apartments. They were grand and very clean (the outside may need a bit of paint). We had views of the pool and the beach. The apartments while we were there were cleaned every day and we had clean towels every day. The pool was gorgeous and clean and we got the kids Pizza at the pool for a snack which the kids said was the nicest pizza ever! The location of these apartments was great, near the beach and playa den bossa. We also could walk into Ibiza old town. I would definitely booked these apartments again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
istanbul
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We where there as 2 guys for 6 days ,

First : In the room , my sunglasses and headset of my smartphone were lost..
I'm sure they are stolen in the room.
In the forum you can see other posts saying
some peoplem got robbed in their room .. but I didn't read them before I go :(

Also : it takes at least 20 minutes to walk to Bora Bora beach .. it's not near and Old Town also
very far.

I never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Don Quijote Hotel
Don Quijote Hotel
#40 of 52 in Ibiza Town
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul

Been to Poseidon I Apartments? Share your experiences!