“Be aware if you are staying at his hotel”
Review of Ibiza Gran Hotel

Ibiza Gran Hotel
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Reviewed 30 August 2013

If you intend to stay at this hotel, please note that there are thieves operating in the area who target the hotel. We suffered a loss at the hotel when a bag was stolen from the adults only swimming pool area. It later transpired, when visiting the police station to report the crime that the area where the hotel is situated has a huge crime problem with gangs of organised criminals aggressively targeting wealthy tourists. The hotel chooses not to advise their guests at check in to be aware nor do their security guards check people entering the hotel through its multiple entrances from the outside street. Although we immediately reported the incident to the hotel and the severity of the loss of items inside the bag, they refused to let us look at their CCTV footage. They later admitted that their CCTV didn't cover the area of the pool where we were sitting.
After discussing the matter with the hotel manager, he stated that even though they know there is a crime problem in the area, they don't want to scare their guests. Personally I would rather have known but if you don't want to tell people then beef up your security. I spent nearly 4000 euros on 2 nights accommodation and the hotel staff could not have been less interested in my problem. They didn't even offer to take me to the police in the hotel car, they called me a cab!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank lagersp1ke

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just spent the Summer in Ibiza travelling around. Stayed at a few hotels/ apartments and this was the best by a long way. Very clean. Great facilities and a great location. Pool was heaven and the staff very helpful and knowledgeable. Now I'm back in London I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RedRoseBob
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

A friend and I had a fantastic stay. Large room, great balcony and view. Hotel is in a great location near the port and walk to the old town. Breakfast was fantastic. Amazing pool areas. Staff all very friendly and helpful especially guest services. Also has a great hairdresser. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Zillis1
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend at the end of May for 5 nights. We had a great time, the location was perfect - close enough to everything but also quiet. The hotel is located by the marina and it is 10 mins walk to both Ibiza town itself and the beach. It's a 10 min drive from the airport.

We had a junior suite which was perfect, lots of storage, great to have the bath with hot tub option in the middle of the room and the balcony overlooked the pool and marina.

Breakfast was fantastic, they had everything you could ever think of and more. We also ate at the poolside cafe for lunch twice and really enjoyed it. The fish was wonderful.

The staff were so helpful and friendly, everyone that we encountered really couldn't do enough to help. I had emailed in advance to request restaurant recommendations and they were a great assistance. We were there for my boyfriends 30th and they very kindly brought him an exceptionally delicious chocolate cake and bottle of cava for him. It really made the trip extra special. Thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lainey86
Reviewed 26 July 2013

my second time in this lovely hotel is really amazing from A to Z services facility something above your mind, one of the best hotel in ibiza full highly recommend there is 2 pools spa and gym , cipriani is there as-well

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Spoow
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We have just spent a week at the Ibiza Gran Hotel. The service ws the best we have ever had. The swimming pool s are great, the rooms are very comfortable and very bright with lights. The breakfast cater for all tastes and are of high quality. I wish it was not so expensive in July so that I could spend more time there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maricauk
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stood here for 1 night after deciding to extend our stay. My girlfriend wanted to go to Pacha and the hotel was literally a stone throw away which was convenient. The design is different- it reminded me of my college library. Its funky but you can tell its 5 stars as soon as you walk in. Super clean. Lots of space. The pool area is gorgeous and the rooms were also spacious. It felt like an apartment. We had a balcony and a great view of the pool. The hotel has a jet set feel to it. There was a lot of good looking people walking around. I would stay here again-especially to party. Only knocks-The hotel isn't in a great location for walking around as there aren't many stores or restaurants nearby. Also not many cheap eats in the area but a short cab ride will get you to the port. Worth the money.

Room Tip: Stood in junior suite 238