“Probably the best hotel in Ibiza”

Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Moscow, Russia
“Probably the best hotel in Ibiza”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed at this small and lovely hotel for 3 nights in August, on our (me and the lady) first visit to Ibiza. After not being pleased with the first hotel we checked-in with, my wife found the Mirador on the web and boy am I glad she did. A quick call and I was told that they have a room for us and we were on the way.

The room is on a very high standard and has a fantastic ocean view. Honestly I can't remember loving my hotel room as much as I did with this hotel and I was there for only 3 nights. The only reason we left this hotel was because we had a different hotel already booked and paid for the remaining of our stay in Ibiza.

It's not easy to explain what is so great about it but I guess it's a combination of the location, the intimacy and luxury of it. As I already said, It is a pretty small Hotel and has a total of 10-15 rooms if I'm not mistaken. It is located in the old town, or upper town, which is much more quiet and less crowded then the other parts of town.

Facility wise, the hotel has a very small swimming pool that we didn't use as we were visiting different beaches every day. Honestly, with the beaches you have in Ibiza, I wouldn't recommend spending your day in a swimming pool. Nutrition wise there is a small restaurant/bar where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had our breakfast in the room every day and it was delicious. I also had the burger from the room service menu and it was probably the best burger I ever tasted... If you are there you have to try it!!! There is no fitness center but they offer their guests free entrance one separated from the hotel. There is no spa but there is a possibility to have an in-room massage with a local therapist.

There are not many people working in the hotel but the one's that are leave their mark. From the cleaning ladies, to the receptionist and both their drivers have all been very helpful and kind.

All in all my wife and I had a beautiful time at the very beautiful Mirador and will sure visit there again on our next trip to Ibiza.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Guy3103

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

To be as objective as possible ive subcategorized the review as follows:
Room: for north of 500e a night, the room was very small. The light will blind you in the morning, as there are no proper curtains. The bathroom was almost bigger than the room. The bed is small for 2 people and its 2 single mattresses joined.
Service: most of the staff are cordial and speak English and will try their best. Though do not expect any special hook ups or indications. When asked about a tranquil beach, I was sent to the busiest of the island.
Outdoors: unbelievable. Shocking. They will tell you they have a pool. Its 2 meters by one roughly, and the sun hits it for 2 hrs a day. Probably the only hotel in Ibiza without a proper pool.
Food: breakfast is ok, nothing fancy.
Location: rent a car, otherwise you will be in a taxi all the time. It is located in the old town and you are far away from the action around the port or any beach.
Overall, no value for money and the most overated 5 stars ive ever stayed at.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
23 Thank andrea D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

A friend and I stayed here for four nights. My first trip to Ibiza and I was fearing the island would be "too much" for me. While Ibiza can be one of the wildest/craziest places on earth, the Mirador was a classy, small refuge and great base from which to explore the island.

Friendly, helpful staff and small, but nice (sun only in the morning) pool plus great beds, etc.

I'd stay here again in a nano-second.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank TSF3333
Reviewed 4 July 2013

A luxurious and stylish Hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. Delicious breakfasts served on the terrace. All staff were helpful and polite. Beautiful and relaxing dip pool area. Excellent location in the old town away from less desirable areas.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank HayleyandMarktj
SineadR79
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We returned this June for 4 nights and were upgraded to a junior suite. We love this hotel the location is so special and the staff at the hotel are great. We enjoyed another meal at the restaurant on our first night and the drivers for the hotel were very helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and I'm sure we will be back!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SineadR79
manerbio
Reviewed 10 June 2013

we spent four wonderful days in this more than beautiful small hotel .we tasted the best mediterranean atmosphere
in the room and at the unforgettable restaurant.very very warm and kind and thoughtful FLORE and DANIEL.The chef is extra-excellent. we like to come back.

Room Tip: the rooms in the east side are sunny and alive