“This restaurant is absolutely worth the drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Perla

La Perla
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Kuressaare
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Ristorante La Perla is a place where you come to enjoy different tastes. You can savour the best Italian dishes and wines and have a good time in a great company. You come to La Perla to stay for a little longer ...
Derby, United Kingdom
“This restaurant is absolutely worth the drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrive in Kuressaare quite late having driven virtually none stop from Tallinn. Anxious for something to eat this was the first restaurant we came across after a short walk from our hotel. We immediately ordered two large A le Coq Specials and perused the menu. We both opted for the roasted sea bream and were not disappointed. It was absolutely delicious and my partner who is Estonian made it clear to the staff that it was the best fish we had ever tasted and we have eaten in some of the best fish restaurants. If you find yourself on Saaremaa then make your way to Kuressaare and eat at this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cannock
“Highly recommend ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The best restaurant in Kuressaare , staff so friendly, can't do enough for you. If you haven't visited you are missing out.

“Just lovely ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were taken here by our friends who have been many times. We were made to feel very welcome from the minute we stepped in the door. The food was fantastic. I had onion soup my husband had the salmon soup both were delicious. I had the muscle pasta for main and it was fantastic! Still thinking about it in the morning. Great wines great atmosphere and 111 euros for 3 courses with wine for 4 people was also excellent value. Highly recommended.

Porvoo, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid this restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had miniholiday in Saarenmaa 19. - 22.6.2014. On 19th we had dinner in one of the top three (ranked in tripadvisor) restaurants and dinner was fabulous. So we came with very high expectations to La Perla on 20th june. For appetizer we both ordered beef carpaccio. It was horrible. No taste. Watery (frozen and tined?). Totally spoilt whith very big amount of balsamico. For main dish to me linguini and mussels. A bit better but still very poor. There was no taste in mussels and pasta was disturbed whith chili. My wife ordered grilled chicken. For addition could not get rice, only potatoes. Chicken was overcooked and dry. Potatoes represented even not a top quality.

Restaurant, which classifys it self to italian, should follow traditions of an italian kitchen at least in some degree. We recommend: "Avoid this restaurant"

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TurturduvorFI
WilliamLaPerla, Owner at La Perla, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear TurTurduvoFl,

I am very sorry that your experience in our restaurant was not enjoyable. We take all of our reviews very seriously and I have spoken with the kitchen staff about your observations. It is difficult to understand the huge difference between your observations on that evening and what are generally the feelings of other reviewers. I am of Italian heritage and have spent quite a bit of time visiting restaurants in Italy, tasting dishes similar to ours, and while there are always differences in preparation, generally our food is consistant to what is served in Italy. Additionally, our menu has many dishes which were developed in conjunction with a respected Italian chef living in Estonia. Specifically the pasta with mussels and the chicken Valdistana are his creations, so we do try to serve Italian style food adapted to our customer base.

I am also disappointed that you rated our service as a 2, since we have had long time staff and I expect more from them. I will discuss your review with all our staff but I know from past experience that they normally enquire about the food and its quality during the meal and I'm sure that had you expressed you concerns at that time, we would have done all in our power to make your experience that evening more pleasurable. Should you have the time feel free to send me an email about your visit so I can ensure that this does not happen again. And should you visit again, I hope that we can have an opportunity to provide the service and food that I expect from my staff.
Best Regards
Bill Moschella (restoranperla@gmail.com)
Finland
“Italian ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had some spaghetti with mussels which usually is lovely in Italy. Here the mussels didn't taste fresh and and the whole portion had too much chilli so had difficulties eating it.

Visited June 2014