“relax”

Eleana Studios & Apartments
North East
“relax”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

if you are looking for a laid back forget it all holiday with freindly hosts look no further. Yes there are a few bits and bobs which need a little bit of attention in the room like hooks falling off, towel rail hanging off but this will not spoil your hol. You could not ask for nicer people. Pool fab and very large for the size of the small family run complex and gardens well kept. It is about 5 mins down reasonably busy road with no paths so take care. Beach is 15 mins walk and whilst sandy still lots of rocks in the sea. St George is a little run down with lots of closed bars and shops but dont let this put you off as the ones open look out to sea and we did not have a bad meal there. No trying to drag you in as I have experinced in other places. Try Alexe's if you like pizza and Traverna Rouvelas next door for Greak food. Take ear plugs lots of dogs barking on a night

Room Tip: 5B large with two bedrooms and large balconay
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My wife & I had the chance to have a third holiday this year so we opted for Corfu for 2 weeks in September. We booked on line for Elleanas Studio & Apartments after friends of our told us about the place. We arrived mid afternoon and were greeted by the owners who saw us to our Studio.
i was pleasantly surprised with the room it was compact but had ever we needed. We had our own private veranda as do all the apartments. The pool and surrounding area were excellent. and we spent a lot of time swimming and sunbathing. The pool bar was well stocked and did breakfast & light meal all day. The local supermarket was two minutes walk from the apartments and had a good supply of most things. the beaches were clean and sandy although a 15 minutes walk away. The night life was very good and there was something for all ages. We ate out every night and didn't have bad meal any were. We hired a quad bike for a few days and traveled extensively. Overall we had a brilliant holiday and can only thank Elleana & Akis the owners for a very pleasant stay & will certainly let others know that we had a good time and will be back next year

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Joyritty
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Before we stayed at this hotel we read the mixed reviews.We were open minded and not expecting 4 star. I WAS expecting to be made to feel welcome. While we were there there were altercations between the owners and other guests by the swimming pool and a not very pleasant atmosphere.I had a disagreement with the owner one day when I absentmindedly brought a glass of water down from my balcony to watch a diving show my kids had called me down to see.I understand the rules about drinks by the pool but the abuse that I received in front of my family and other guests I am still shocked by .I Was threatened ,told my family had to leave and called a madman.These people should not be running a hotel.Some of this abuse was witnessed by the holiday rep.I realise there can be cultural misunderstandings and I did try to explain my position which increased the tension but this was unbelievable.I never swore or shouted I was too shocked. We moved out ,of course at extra expense to ourselves.We found a really nice place nearby.The holiday company offered us two totally inadequate alternatives and has refused to compensate us for the extra expense despite being threatened! Please don't stay here or travel with the holiday company who operate here or the same thing might happen to you and your family.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank doyoulikeworms
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Having just returned from two weeks at Elleanas, we feel the reviews so far are correct in what they say. It is a little bit further to the main beach, you can see sand in 400 metres. We never had a bad meal in the resort, the locals will all do whatever they can to cater to your needs. Nightlife is good, with a mix of greek and sports bars. Still need to take a torch, not for the olive groves but for the roads at night, especially the back roads. Trips to Paxos and AntiPaxos are well worth the money, beautiful clear waters to swim in, if you feel like raising your stress levels a trip to Corfu Town is in order, green bus by day and organised tour at night - both limit you to four hours in Corfu Town - however, this is most probably enough! From Elleanas there is nice walk to the old village of Airgardes, through the olive groves.

Elleana Studios - The pool is beautiful, the balcony upstairs is very narrow, towels in the shower/bathroom are hand towels, you get one complimentary toilet roll, and then you buy the rest yourself. Having a shower is a one handed operation. If the place is full hot water is at a premium, first come first serve. Rooms are clean, as is the bar area and garden is kept very tidy.
The maid service (one girl) is very efficient, no complaints.

If you do go to Elleanas and St George South, say hello to Spyros in Europa Bar!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael M
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

i have come on the site tonight by chance looking for something else and carnt beleive some of the reveiws i first fell upon these apts as a late deal 11 yrs ago first impres not great as i was givin a babys cot to sleep in and we were on hol with 4 adults but it was late when we arrived the rep ran of i talk to eleanna and she coulddo nothing that night but assured me things would be sorted in the morn i didnt feel the need to shout at her as it wasnt her fault it was ollmpic the next day we were moved and had the beat hol ever i made a friend of ellie and agis to this day ring us at new year even if we dont stay with them we return to st george for the past 11 yrs twice a year and stay where ever it cheapest but they dont mind as long aS WE VIST THEM there brill hard working and yes its your hol that you have worked for but u show them respect and you will get it back 2000 fold xx

Room Tip: there all basic but if on first floor great view of mountains if at the back
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank maureenford39
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Having stayed at the eleana for the first time with my husband and 2 children, I would never return or recommend this accomodation. The owners are very rude and aggressive. The male owner told my 7 year old daughter who is very well behaved and not at all badly behaved to be quiet when we had woke her at 7am to leave for a trip at 7.20, I was behind her and saw how rude he was. The rep lives next door and confirmed she had not heard us at all during our stay. He then confronted us for being awake when we left. His wife also shouted at us the next morning when we were leaving because my husband had spoken with the rep. No one had complained about us, he just didn't want us awake at 7am but if we choose to have early nights and get up early that should be our choice. After this incident we arranged to move accomodation at our own expense and had a lovely stay at the lord complex which I can recommend. Do not stay at this accomodation if you are looking for a peaceful relaxing stay in corfu!

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank meerkat111
lancaster
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We have just returned from a weeks holiday to Eleana's. The accommodation was very good, typically greek, hand held shower but lots of hot water - would advise you take towels for showering, as they only provide hand towels The apartment was spotless, the gardens and pool area were immaculate. Even though these apartments are self catering we never actually cooked anything! - we ate breakfast cooked by Eleana which was lovely. However when we looked the facilities seemed fine for basic cooking. Eleana and her husband were always pleasant and accommodating. As described in the Olympic brochure it is about 400m from the main beach road where most of the bars and restaurants are located. Went to a different restaurant each night and all were excellent. There is a small supermarket located approximate 50m away from the apartments. Nice sandy beaches, did a boat trip to Paxos for 28 euros and was well worth it - lovely day out. The resort seemed low key at this time of year but was beginning to fill up - however it is not a lively resort. We had a lovely relaxing holiday and would definitely return to St George and these apartments .

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 14 in Agios Georgios
Kostas Apartments
Kostas Apartments
#3 of 24 in Agios Georgios

Been to Eleana Studios & Apartments? Share your experiences!