“Shocked by other reviews!”

Eleana Studios & Apartments
“Shocked by other reviews!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We are a family of four (with two young children), and we had read the reviews before we left, so felt a little worried about what we would find due to the mixed reviews.

I can honestly say that the hosts are lovely and I am quite frankly shocked by some of the comments now that I've been there and seen for myself. The owners are there all the time and happy to serve drinks and meals/ snacks all day. They are polite and attentive and both have a good sense of humour. I don't understand where the negative comments are coming from as we saw no evidence of this in our week long stay.

The apartment was spotless and maid service excellent (one loo roll a week is normal, we've been to Greece many times).

The resort itself has plenty of restaurants to choose from and we never had a bad meal.

The beach is good and the sea is pretty clear.

We rented quad bikes on one day to explore (which the kids loved), and also did the Blue Lagoon boat trip, which we also really enjoyed.

I would have no hesitation in coming back here.

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank nickyflicks

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
Negril, Jamaica
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were rather apprehensive when we found this holiday via the Olympic website because the price seemed too good to be true, notwithstanding the accommodation rating! We researched the accommodation via Trip Adviser and upon distinguishing the trifling, overall the reviews were good. Upon arrival the grounds were immaculately kept, the pool was clean and glistened in the sun and our room was spotless, to the point it past the dust test (including the bathroom). The hotel owners are warm, welcoming, polite and accommodating - I could go on. Suffice to say, the environment is totally conducive for a totally relaxing holiday. The hotel is nestled in a village, but it is only a short walk away from convenience stores, other hotels and bars which are open to the public and various access points to the beach. The main resort has some great authentic cuisine, bars and night clubs for those who wish to party. Buses are available in order to travel to Corfu Town, which is a must see! Equally car hire is reasonable in order to facilitate touring the island, and the usual cycle/peds/quads are available, although the latter two are not recommended by the holiday company for safety reasons. Taxi hire is easy but used frequently is expensive. This is a great holiday especially if it is available as a quick getaway. We are looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms allocated upon arrival. Firm mattress, AC and safe deposit available.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank angela k
Hawkhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

If you are looking for a totally relaxing, friendly self catering holiday with a wonderful pool area, then look no further than Eleana Studios and Apartments. After reading the various reviews here on Trip Advisor I was a little unsure as to what to expect. I need not have worried. My Wife and I spent a week here from July 8th 2013. The Studio we had was in a separate block of 3 set away from the main apartment block and right next to the pool area. The Studio itself was very clean (also cleaned twice during our week's stay). Small but adequate shower room, reasonably sized well equiped kitchen and fair sized bedroom with ample storage space.It had it's own front door and patio doors on to our own small terrace. There's a pool bar and snack bar and the Proprietors, Akis and his wiffe Eleana. look after you very well .Both are very caring, friendly people with good senses of humour and will do everything possible to make your stay a happy one. Eleana cooks the snacks including English or Continental breakfasts.The one's we had were delicious and very reasonably priced. The pool area is wonderful. Very clean with plenty of free sunbeds and umbrellas. The Gardens are very neat and well tended with various trees, shrubs and flowers. Many of the trees provide some much needed shade.The location is quiet and a small supermarket is about 100 metres away. The main "Strip" of restaurants etc is along the seafront about 10/15minute walk from the Eleana, with the main beach a further 10 minute walk around the bay passed the bars, restaurants and shops.
Many people seem to return year after year and we will certainly go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Our Studio A1 was no more than 20 feet from the pool which we found very useful, and away from the m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ericanjen
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Gorgeous pool area, friendly and helpful owners and staff. The rooms were quite large and clean. Pleasant 10-15 mins walk to shops, restaurants and beach.
End of beach area a bit rocky but 5 mins further and golden sand with clear shallow water.
Such a relaxed resort. Sunset cafe does the best breakfast and frappe, oceano had the best food (although they were all very good).
Amazona for the best cocktails in town!
Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Leasa K
North East
Reviewed 11 July 2013

if you are looking for a laid back forget it all holiday with freindly hosts look no further. Yes there are a few bits and bobs which need a little bit of attention in the room like hooks falling off, towel rail hanging off but this will not spoil your hol. You could not ask for nicer people. Pool fab and very large for the size of the small family run complex and gardens well kept. It is about 5 mins down reasonably busy road with no paths so take care. Beach is 15 mins walk and whilst sandy still lots of rocks in the sea. St George is a little run down with lots of closed bars and shops but dont let this put you off as the ones open look out to sea and we did not have a bad meal there. No trying to drag you in as I have experinced in other places. Try Alexe's if you like pizza and Traverna Rouvelas next door for Greak food. Take ear plugs lots of dogs barking on a night

Room Tip: 5B large with two bedrooms and large balconay
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My wife & I had the chance to have a third holiday this year so we opted for Corfu for 2 weeks in September. We booked on line for Elleanas Studio & Apartments after friends of our told us about the place. We arrived mid afternoon and were greeted by the owners who saw us to our Studio.
i was pleasantly surprised with the room it was compact but had ever we needed. We had our own private veranda as do all the apartments. The pool and surrounding area were excellent. and we spent a lot of time swimming and sunbathing. The pool bar was well stocked and did breakfast & light meal all day. The local supermarket was two minutes walk from the apartments and had a good supply of most things. the beaches were clean and sandy although a 15 minutes walk away. The night life was very good and there was something for all ages. We ate out every night and didn't have bad meal any were. We hired a quad bike for a few days and traveled extensively. Overall we had a brilliant holiday and can only thank Elleana & Akis the owners for a very pleasant stay & will certainly let others know that we had a good time and will be back next year

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Joyritty
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Before we stayed at this hotel we read the mixed reviews.We were open minded and not expecting 4 star. I WAS expecting to be made to feel welcome. While we were there there were altercations between the owners and other guests by the swimming pool and a not very pleasant atmosphere.I had a disagreement with the owner one day when I absentmindedly brought a glass of water down from my balcony to watch a diving show my kids had called me down to see.I understand the rules about drinks by the pool but the abuse that I received in front of my family and other guests I am still shocked by .I Was threatened ,told my family had to leave and called a madman.These people should not be running a hotel.Some of this abuse was witnessed by the holiday rep.I realise there can be cultural misunderstandings and I did try to explain my position which increased the tension but this was unbelievable.I never swore or shouted I was too shocked. We moved out ,of course at extra expense to ourselves.We found a really nice place nearby.The holiday company offered us two totally inadequate alternatives and has refused to compensate us for the extra expense despite being threatened! Please don't stay here or travel with the holiday company who operate here or the same thing might happen to you and your family.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
#5 of 20 in Acharavi
Apraos Bay Hotel
Apraos Bay Hotel
#10 of 10 in Kassiopi

Been to Eleana Studios & Apartments? Share your experiences!