“HORRIBLE/AGGRESSIVE OWNERS”
Review of Eleana Apartments

Eleana Apartments
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Holiday was ruined by horrible owners, on the last day we got kicked out if the room at 12 and had to leave our suitcases round the side of a building, they then started accusing us of dirtying the wall(when it was like that upon arrival) they then said they would not return our suitcases unless we paid them for paint and the husbands work to paint the wall, we then rung our rep to try and sort out the mishap, when she arrived the husband made her cry as he was shouting at her aggressively. In the end we had to pay the money to get out suitcases. And would never return again and goo luck to everyone who has booked a holiday there and bring extra money in case they charge you for things you have not done.

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Lucy5421
There are newer reviews for Eleana Apartments

Reviewed 18 September 2013

arrived with my daughter and two young grandchildren at 5 30 am, 2hr 30 min late as we were made to wait on transfer bus till another plane landed , we arrived only to be met by lots of steps up to our apartment, I was shocked as we had said on booking that I am disabled and although i can walk I cannot do stairs up or down, mikalla the rep said she would sort in the morning, my daughter had to get 3 and 4 yr old upstairs then help me up, I was in agony. Next morning we were told there was no apartment for us on ground floor in fact none in the whole of corfu, maybe one in kavos.?? After much discussion the rep said they would listen to our recorded call made at time of booking to see if anything could be done, meanwhile I stayed out all day as stairs too much, owners were very nice , we ate breakfast , children loved the pool, gardens are lovely, beach much further than they say and village itself rather run down and had its day but we planned car hire so it was only a base for us. on second day we were told that although we had been promised ground floor accommodation it had been with a third party not there company( I booked with travel hypermarket) so they could not be held responsible, I was very upset as this ruined my holiday and my knees within a few days were in so much pain I was doped up in painkillers ,,the rep did not care and twice questioned whether I also needed assistance at airport, I have a disability and was made to feel bad and a nusicance,after 3 days I asked for clean towels and owner was so rude saying we came in late so first day does not count etc , we only had 3 hand towels for 4 of us after much moaning she gave me clean ones. the apartments are very tierd but clean but the plumbing was very smelly, bad smells all the time, the cleaner was the only member of staff that smiled, the husband and wife only smiled if you were one of the guests that ate and drank in there bar, on our last day we were out at 12 but transfer was for 1 in the morning, other guests left luggage in tv room ours had to go outside under a bike shelter which was open on three sides and it had rained that day, we went out and returned at 7 and sat in tv room, we asked husband if boys could watch cartoons he said no as tv and wifi was broken, two hours later guests came in and he switched tv on for football it was all working........ do not stay here as nice as it looks the owners are strange unhappy people, yes they are friendly with some guests but that's not fair we were nice to them and did not deserve to be treated like that.... Olympic are terrible and made me feel bad about my disability, I will never travel with them again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank lornaSussex
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We went to Elleanas rather apprehensively having read previous reviews but were absaloutly delighted with our choice. I have never been to a more spotless pool and the apartment itself was cleaned thouroughly every other day. Eleana was a wonderful hostess and it was just a wonderful place to recharge your batteries, so peaceful and calm.
The resort itself has plenty of bars and tavernas and a beautiful beach, if you walk a little way you will have the beach almost to yourself. All in all a truly great holiday and all the reps agreed it is the best apartments in the area. Also the Paxos and anti Paxos trip is fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank debhick123
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Having arrived at Elleana's in the early hours of the morning we were all rather eager to wake up the next day to see exactly where we were going to be living for the next two weeks. I can honestly say I was like a kid on Christmas Eve. When we did awake the first thing we did was open the balcony door to take a look at Elleana apartments in daylight and were greeted by the most beautiful view.
The first thing that was very obvious was just how well the grounds were kept. The grass was freshly mown, the paths were clean and the pool glistened in the sunlight (the latter of which was maintained and cleaned by Akis every single night without fail).
After taking in the charming view of the outside of Elleana's it was time to properly look at the inside.
Everything was clean and well looked after, we really couldn't ask for more. The rooms were also cleaned every other day.
As has already been said there are two nearby shops which have everything you will need and if they don't have what you're looking for it's only a 15 minute walk to find a larger supermarket (Stamatis) which I am sure will have just what you're looking for. It is down here where you will also find the wonderfully sandy beaches with the clearest, cleanest water I have ever seen.
There are ample bars/tavernas to choose from in the area all of which had the friendliest of staff/owners...if you know anything about the Greeks you will know that they really are one of the kindest, friendliest people you will ever get the chance to meet which brings me onto my next point.
To the minority of people that have accused Elleana and Akis of being unreasonable and rude you really must have 'issues'. One can only assume that you would be the type of person that would find something to moan about even if you were staying in a 5 star hotel.
Elleana and Akis are two of the most friendliest, accommodating, hardest working people that my family and I have ever been fortunate enough to meet. I can truly say they made our holiday special and that they are now considered true friends.
Unfortunately my family and I don't get many chances to go abroad for our holidays but after the two weeks we have just spent here we are desperately finding ways of saving enough money so that we can revisit both Elleanas apartments, our new good friends Elleana and Akis and the wonderful area of St George.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We can see credibility in all the previous reviews both good and bad. The apartments, gardens and facilities are spotlessly maintained and welcoming. However, the problems arise when you don’t wish to use the facilities e.g. purchase drinks or food from the bar. My wife and I are in our late 50's. We used our apartment purely as a base, on a self-catering basis (as booked), we enjoy being out and about during the day and finding different tavernas and bars to while away the evenings. After a few days this was obviously annoying the owners whose attitude towards us. It made us feel quite uncomfortable, they didn’t make any effort to pass any common niceties or make any eye contact. Fortunately, we carried on doing what we like to do, even though, this made us feel very uneasy and anxious to stay around the place. On leaving at the end of our stay we were told in a very aggressive manner that they didn’t want us to return there in the future. We were totally shocked and dumb struck by this (who in their right minds would want to go back after such treatment?) We know that the tour operators are aware of this behaviour, they must not allow this to continue and ruin the holidays of hard working people who pay good money and who just want to go on holiday to relax and enjoy themselves. St Georges South itself is a lovely coastal resort with an expansive sandy beach, with many of the numerous bars & tavernas overlooking the sea, with fantastic views of evening sunsets. A very affordable luxury. Happy holidays!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Agarth5
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Eleana's is a fabulous place to visit for a relaxing comfortable holiday! we have just returned from our fourth visit to these beautifully kept studios and apartments. Its small, quiet and homely, the pool clean, and the gardens lovely, The rooms serviced regularly with clean towels and bedding. Elli and Aki the owners give a warm welcome and looked after us brilliantly, with kindness and humour. As a self catering holiday there is a short walk to Spiros local super market shop, where you can buy almost everything you'll need; but Elli is a great cook and serves up a great full English, even cooking eggs just how you like them! lunch and dinner consists of Greek favourites and are excellent value.
There are shops, bars and restaurants along the beach front which is a five to ten minute walk down the road. where you can try out water sports as well as hire bikes or a car if you would like to see the rest of this great little gem of a place.
Corfu town is a must to visit, and a boat trip to Paxos and anti Paxos a treat not to be missed, leaves from the beach at 8:30am and returns at 5:30..
Eleanas is a brilliant place to go if you want to relax and feel at home, I certainly will return, as so many others do year after year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank gobbledegook031
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We are a family of four (with two young children), and we had read the reviews before we left, so felt a little worried about what we would find due to the mixed reviews.

I can honestly say that the hosts are lovely and I am quite frankly shocked by some of the comments now that I've been there and seen for myself. The owners are there all the time and happy to serve drinks and meals/ snacks all day. They are polite and attentive and both have a good sense of humour. I don't understand where the negative comments are coming from as we saw no evidence of this in our week long stay.

The apartment was spotless and maid service excellent (one loo roll a week is normal, we've been to Greece many times).

The resort itself has plenty of restaurants to choose from and we never had a bad meal.

The beach is good and the sea is pretty clear.

We rented quad bikes on one day to explore (which the kids loved), and also did the Blue Lagoon boat trip, which we also really enjoyed.

I would have no hesitation in coming back here.

• Stayed: August 2013
#10 of 24 in Agios Georgios
Gongis Studios
Gongis Studios
#6 of 24 in Agios Georgios

Been to Eleana Apartments? Share your experiences!