“Never again!”
Review of George Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Agios Georgios
George Apartments
jackiexbx
“Never again!”
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Stayed with my friend for a two week break at these apartments. We did not pay much for the holiday so we did not expect the best, but the apartments were horrible. The maid did not bother to change the sheets during our two week stay, we asked her on a number of occasions to change the sheets, we came back one day and she had swapped my bedding around with my friends bedding instead of putting new sheets on!. Bathroom was filthy, the maid kept using dirty water to clean the floor rather than use clean water. Everytime we would go to the bar for a drink a drink would be a different price,it was never the same!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank jackiexbx

Solo
Business
staffs
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Accomodation
The Olympic brochure is relatively accurate. It is a basic block of approx 19 apps. with the majority overlooking the pool area, with 4 rooms to the rear ( of which we had number 7). Upon arrival the room and contents were clean but as usual the contents were of age and crockery etc. did not match.
The pool area contains a reasonable size pool, (shallow end from 0.5m - 1.0m deep, main area then goes to 2.8m deep), painted blue with the usual plastic covering of the overflow/ filtering channel and then tiled (some a little loose). Adequate sunbeds available despite the usual morons leaving towels all day.
The bar area was clean & tidy for snacks & bottled drinks.
To those who are use to Greece basic, these were ok. Have had better and worse.

Location
The apartments are very close to the Stars, on the road into the resort. Both properties have a short access road and, as per Olympic, 6mins walk to the nearest shop and a further 10/15 mins(past other bars shops etc.) to the beach road. The beach road then is approx 0.5miles in either direction. There are plenty of shops, restaurants & bars. Turn left at the beach road is more quieter, with smaller beach. Turn right to a busier area ending at Issos Beach.

General
This is possibly the best resort in Corfu for adults wishing for a lazy holiday, with good restaurants etc. and the excellent Issos beach. prices are similar to UK - Mythos beer (lge) @ 2.5 euro (£2.30), main meals start at 6.50 euro. Quality of food was very good. We favoured The Balcony but all were good. For a drink ( and the football) The Easy- Busy (opposite beach road cash machine).
Day Trips - the bus to Corfu Town, Boat trip (28 euro) to Paxos or to mainland. Note there is a bus service from Corfu Town to Kavos that stops at the top of the resort access road. This is a 25 min (1 km plus) walk from the George Apps.
The local village (Argirades) is approx 4 km either via the beach road( note steep walk) or main road.

On the whole some minor issues but what excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank greekloverStaffs
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2009

When arriving to the appartment I was shown to a room was was situated at the back of the appartments, when entering the apprtment I was shocked by the state of the sheets, theses were stained with a yellowish stain I have picture if needed!!!
I also had a broken fridge which leaked and basically the door would not stay shut I reported this to the greek owner and he came round and put a stool in fridge to keep it closed. I could not believe it, as when i looked inside the firdge it had a family of spiders in there! Would not keep food in there if you paid me, it stunk!!!
On the first day I stocked up with croissants for my five year old son, we then went out for the day, when returning my room had been supposedly cleaned and i noticed my croissant bag looked a little empty, the maid had STOLEN food from my room!! I was travelling alone with my son and this made me scared at what else she had been stealing from this day i had to carry my passport and money with me at all times as felt it unsafe to leave in room!!!
Hmm what else can I say about this place, the staff are rude unfriendly would not allow me to put my suitcase inside there luggage area/inside when waiting for my coach to the airport. They stopped supplying toilet paper to the public toilet. My son developed cuts on his feet from the pool. Toilet filled itself and very noisey 24 hours a day! My list goes on if you need any more info regarding the George apparttments please contact me.
My advice is ok it is cheap but I wouldnt pay any amount of money to stay there!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KC10000

Travellers are raving about these Agios Georgios hotels

middlesbrough
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Well what can i say, dont pay a lot for this place like we did!!! We have been to greece before and paid a lot less for a lot better and we know what is basic is, but this goes beyond that! Kitchen is non existent and we would not risk using it as the two ring cooker if you can call it that, was plugged into a dodgy looking extension lead, the cutlery, what there was of it, was dirty looking and the sharp knife that was there, was full of rust! ( i suppose we should be thankful as a couple we met said they only had 1 fork between them!)So for a self catering holiday the only thing we used were the odd plates two plastic bowls and a fridge that did not close properly and leaked all over the place! The bathrooms as we all know in greece are renowned for being small, but once again we are talking about taking young children on holiday, so you need to be there with them to help them shower etc. Well as you guessed it that is extremelt difficult in this place, i had to sit on the toilet to shower them and then that was difficult as my legs did not have enough room as the toilet was about 8ins away from the wall! As for the rest of the apartment that was ok, beds were a bit like a camp bed, very low and the slats on the bottom have a habit of falling off, so if you hear a bang in the night its probably worth looking under the bed! The balcony were nice, right on to the pool area best place to sit actually!! Well like i said taking kids you expect a kids pool, it is there as advertised, but, there is always a but, it is so deep my wife could barely stand in it never mind the kids! OH another thing myself, wife, and the kids all cut ourselves on something in or around the pool, the rep has done a report on it, but could not fathom out what it was, as my daughter could not reach the bottom of the pool,even in the baby pool, we must put it down to the area on the edge of the pool where the water over spills as these drain things were quite sharp in places, and the pool is not the clearest one you will see as we never seen the bottom of it, wether this because of the depth or the fact we never seen it being cleaned i will leave for others to judge. The pool side snack bar was nice and the food was ok, one for the dads if you are expecting beer on draught start complaining now, as it is just bottles in the fridge if you can call that a bar! The reception is nowhere to be found as is the all important safety deposit boxes they do not have any at all not even hidden in the room, so when it says payable locally what they really mean is you can go the so called 10 min walk, more like 25 min walk to the tourist info office and hire one there!! Leading onto that the 10 min walk to the beach means, 25 min walk to the sea, but to get to a beach add another 15 to 20 mins as the first bit you see is just rocks and then it depends on which way you turn. The resort itself is nice, very quiet which is what we wanted, but the walk back is a dance with the devil when it is dark, very dangerous with young children as there are no pavements etc and hardly any lights, so best bet take a torch and let the cars know you are there!! After all that we did have a good holiday largely down to the fact that the people we met around the pool, that is one good thing it is a small place and you get the chance to meet people, if you are taking small kids go some where else but if you are just a couple and dont want to spend alot of time in the apartment and dont mind a walk to the centre or the beach then it would be ok.......but dont spend too much money on this place as it is not worth it!!! If you need anything else then just ask.........

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family