i work for thomas cook and with my job have been very lucky to have travelled and stayed in hotels around the world including a range of standards.
even though the vista al mar is classed as a hostel .. please dont let this put you off.
we have just returned from our 3rd visit last week... myself hubby and 3 teenage girls.
the rooms are basic but adequate ... cleaned to a very high standard by the excellent cleaner and many with fabulous sea views
the staff are warm friendly and helpful... english run with the food available being of great standard considering the reasonable prices ...ie 9 euros for 3 course including a wine or beer!
entertainment every evening consists of bingo and quizzes and in summer months live bands/acts several times a week.... this attracts alot of custom from other holidaymakers staying in neighbouring properties whereby im sure the atmosphere and entertainment is maybe not as welcoming and certainly the food and drink not as reasonable. also a happy hour is offered every night with 2 for 1 drinks
although the property doesnt have its own pool ... you have facilities opposite with the jacaranda beach club offering a saltwater very clean pool, luxury turkish style 4 poster style beds all overlooking the sea. food and drinks are also available here
vista al mar has an enviable position in the heart of the resort with everything close at hand including the islands famous hippy market on every weds.
with prices starting from just 15 euros per person per night which includes a cooked english breakfast... how can you go wrong... and how could anyone find fault
thomas cook sells this property and if anybody is interested in quotes ... either as a package with flights or just hotel only... then please feel free to contact me via here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fun Vistamar Ibiza, recently renovated establishment in April 2016 , is located in the resort of Playa Es Cana , beautiful seaside village northwest of the island of Ibiza, just two minutes from the beach and in an ideal location as a starting point numerous excursions around the island . Es Canar Beach is one of the most important tourist centers in the surroundings of Santa Eulalia . It offers many leisure , water sports and activities , as well as shops, terraces and restaurants. Fun Vistamar is located very close to one of the most famous hippy markets of the island. It offers full service dining, a qualified staff and rooms equipped with everything needed to make your holiday unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Fun Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Al Mar Hotel Es Canar
- Fun Vistamar Ibiza/Es Canar