“heres to another great holiday”

El Cortijo Apartments
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
Reviewed 30 May 2014

have been going to el cortijo for over15 years,wouldnt go anywhere else,beleive me we have tried ,visited august 13 am visiting again in july 14 ,staff are brilliant,friendly ,make you feel at home,lito and sue manage the place well ,martin mixes the music ,steve leaves no plate unturned,jan gets the cutlery sparklin,an gary cant wait for your spanish omlette ,gettin me order in early ,holiday not comin quick enough.close to the beautiful beaches ,bus/taxi service ,lots of bars to choose from,charlies is a great night for all.

Room Tip: roof terrace amazing veiws
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew F

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We've been to El Cortijo 3 times and is great for what you pay. People moan about not having appropriate cutlery but there's no need for it! The pub downstairs has (in our opinion) the best food in Es Caña (but also try Solomar cafe), and we've pretty much tried them all. People also complain about the staff but we found if you talk to them nicely and friendly they will also.

Room Tip: Go for the 08's if you can, they're the corner rooms and have best balconies and ventilation...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Shane S
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Have been to ES CANA several times but never stayed here. Decided to give it a go but would never stay again. Although I thought I could do basic, I never realised just how basic you could get. Never any room around the pool and staff not interested in the least. Spent most of the time away from El Cortijo and although I suppose there is a bed and a shower of sorts, I had to ask after three days for clean towels, toilet paper and after a week for the possibility of getting the beds changed!.I would rather pay a bit more and have clean towels, beds and a clean room, very lacking in the hygiene stakes.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank bernie1930
Reviewed 19 September 2013

just got back from a weeks stay at el cortijo and cant understand what the negative comments are all about ! we had a great week , apartments fine all amenities to hand. the nags head pub has some of the finest food in es cana...especially the steaks ( even tho lito wouldnt give me his secret sauce recipe). steve and martin behind the bar are great and wincy willis ( head weather reporter) aka receptionist and everything else is lovely. all in all if ya want 5 star gold treatment then u have to pay...simples...thanks to all the staff for a great stay ( yorkshire belles room 4c)
ps...martin if ya can get me the secret sauce recipe i promise not to tell anyone !! you have my email addy after helping me with my boarding passes for which i am very grateful !!

Room Tip: the higher rooms have the better veiws
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BRENDA C
Reviewed 16 March 2013

i have stayed in El Cortijo many times and have nothing but good things to report, clean, basic and fabulous location...........if you want 5* then you have to pay for it. Susan and Lito always make you feel very welcome :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jennifer28775
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Just returned from el cortijo apartments today... Still fuming at the way we were treating so im writing this review on my way home from the airport!!!! Arrived at 11.30 roughly on the tuesday and they handed us keys and took our passports, we waited at the bar on them and the guy looked at us as if we were stupit then told us come back at 1 for them as receptionist wasnt in, wasnt happy but i smiled and said thats fine then went to room and noticed floors were dirty sinks were beyond disgusting full of gunk, toilet was stinking! Lights didnt work in bedroom and hall , shower was constantly cold, found dark hairs (not mine!!) on pillows ended up spending 10 euro on cleanin products and spend my first few hours in es canar cleaning!!! Then went back down to bar at 1 to collect my passports and was told could i not wait until 7 and i said ok then went bk at 7 and was asked could i wait longer, i said no as i was going out and may have needed id ( me and my partner r young) he said well wait 10 minutes then continued laughin with the chef left us standing for 10 minutes then stormed away and came back in a second with our passports and basiclly threw them at us ! We decided then and there we wouldnt be spending time there!!!! Then after that we didnt see any of the staff as reception was closed but when we were returning a few nights later he ignored us at the door , and same again the next night! They treated like invaders rather than customers, ive never written a bad review in my life but if i can save 1 person from going here it will be worth it !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
15  Thank Jennyleith
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We have just returned from a five night stay at the el cortijo apts, when we arrived the apartment was like a sauna we went to reception, we were told we had to paye for air con for the five nights 35 euro. The cleaners had just left as we arrived but i dont know what they were cleaning as it certainly wasnt our apts! The bathroom was so dirty there was a big brown stain all over the floor, the bath looked like it had never been cleaned, the toilet smelled and all the towels were damp and smelled fusty with big stains on. The door handle came off in my husbands hand, the sink was dirty. The shower was just a trickle and was constantly cold u felt as if you had not had a shower.The kitchen tops were all dirty and sticky, even the kettle handle was sticky. The sheets on the beds were all stained we just got in them as if you would of thought about it to much you would of slept standing up for five nights!! My advice to anyone thinking of booking this apt there are plenty of other nice apts in es canar maybe you will have to paye just a little bit more but trust me it would be worth it.

Room Tip: Dont do it!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family