We travelled on 19th August for 2 weeks. Came home yesterday and have already booked to go back next yr!! We all LOVED it. We are a family of 4, kids aged 7 & 8. We usually go on a Thomson Super family holiday but felt they were all over priced this year so looked for something else. This hotel was cheaper than anything else available so we decided to go for it. I imagined that the food would be poor but booked thinking we would get breakfast and eat out most nights so it would still work out slightly cheaper than self catering. I was totally wrong. The food here is great. My husband is really fussy but even he was impressed and ate well. There is a great selection, its hot and plentyful. We had to wait for a table once but only for a for a couple of mins.
The hotel is spotless, all area's were always immaculate and staff are always on the go. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We had plenty of space in our room and there was enough room to store all our things. The rooms were cleaned daily except on a Tue but towels are still changed on this day. Beds were really comfy. Air con is in place but is not yet on but should be in 2014. We took a small fan with us and found the rooms to be fine with this on. You can also hire a fan. You can also hire a fridge (50 euros a week), hairdryer, iron, mobility scooters and wheel chairs.
It is an amazing place for families, there is entertainment through the day and night. The entertainment is organised by Emma and Tony who are both wonderful. They are always friendly and welcoming and are great with the kids, very patient and encouraging. We enjoyed lots of activities, Shooting, Archery, pool, Darts, Shuffle Board and many more. In the evening there was bingo, open the box, quizes, karaoke, parrot, magic and reptile shows and singers.There is also a mini club where kids can go and watch a film, play games, paint or just relax with friend for a bit.
The hotel is in a fab location, close to shops, beach, restaurants etc. Es Cana is quite small but is lovely and has everything you need. We did get the bus to santa Euillia, 1.55 euro's each, which was nice. It is much bigger and has a lovely harbour. We got the boat back to Es Cana which was 6 euros per adult and 3 per child.
We went on a Thomsons Sunset trip. This takes you to San antonio where you go out on a boat to watch the sunset. The boat trip was great and the sunset was amazing even on a slightly cloudy night. San Antonio was an eye opener though and I was glad we only had 2 hours to look around. It is like a bigger busier blackpool at night! Worth going on the trip though as the boat part was great. If you do go you miss your evening meal at the hotel. We didn't know at the time but if you ask reception they will make up a packed lunch for you to take with you.
There is a washing machine on the 3rd floor and it has a courtesy room you can use on your last day.
I cannot reccomend this hotel enough. We met lots of lovely families and most people have been coming back for years which just proves how popular it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Set just 100 m from Es Canar Beach, Hotel Anfora Ibiza features terraces, swimming pools and an outdoor spa and fitness area. There is also an on-site restaurant, Restaurant Azul. Air-conditioned rooms are spacious and bright, and include a TV, safe, hairdryer and free WiFi. Restaurant Azul offers a breakfast buffet, and both international and local cuisine. Guests will also find a pool bar serving cocktails, and a lounge bar. Hotel Anfora Ibiza has courtesy rooms where you can shower on check-out day and leave luggage. Punta Arabi Hippy Market and Chirincana Bar are just 50 m from the hotel. Sant Eulalia can be reached in a 10-minute drive, while Ibiza Airport is 30 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Anfora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anfora Playa Hotel Es Canar
- Anfora Playa Es Canar
- Hotel Anfora Ibiza/Es Canar