“fantastic hotel and holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“fantastic hotel and holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My sister and I had a fantastic two weeks at this hotel. The staff couldn't be faulted they were all exceptionally polite and helpful. It was the cleanest hotel I have ever been in and yet the cleaning wasn't obtrusive. We were all inclusive and the choice of meals was very wide and must have catered for every diet and culture. All inclusive meant we could have drinks at any time and this was especially useful for water and coke during the day when it was very hot. The free cocktail list was not to be sneered at either! We developed a habit of a cocktail before dinner each night. And a hot loumamba (brandy and hot chocolate milk) was a not to be missed nightcap! There were activities on offer everyday which we took part in to meet other people. The entertainment staff were fabulous and talented and lively. All entertainment was in English, German and Spanish and I have no doubt in any other language they thought necessary. Probably the best thing of all was the air conditioning. this was very effective and was so quiet that it was no problem to have it on all night. So a good nights sleep even though it was so hot. The beach was only steps away and was a perfect beach. You could walk a fair distance out before it was too deep. Mostly a calm sea but lovely waves early in the mornings and sometimes all day. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. If you want to see a few of my holiday photos google maureen kendall photostream. mostly of the area rather than the actual hotel but a couple of the hotel.

Room Tip: higher floors probably have less passing holiday makers but as the corridors have carpets it doesn...
4 Thank maureenk67
PalladiumHG, Management Department at Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit. I’m happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova and enjoyed the our Cocktails.
We hope that you and your sister will visit us again.
With kind regards,

Palladium Hotel Group.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having just returned from 10 nights in the Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova I am happy to report that the hotel overall is very good. Sure its a bit dated in places and its not as plush as other hotels that I have stayed in, but..... it is spotlessly clean, the towels are changed daily, the hotel staff are polite and helpful without exception. Nothing was too much trouble for them and the staff behind the reception were very knowledgeable.
The rooms were a bit on the compact size but there was plenty of storage space for clothes, the air con was not the best I have experienced but the room was kept at a normal room temperature so was completely comfortable. The furniture was in good condition and the bathroom was very clean. The electronic safe in the hotel costs about £35 for a ten night stay but we locked our valuables in a suitcase and they stayed perfectly safe (even on the occasional times that I forgot to lock the case!!)
The food was plentiful and lots of choice with either hot items or a lovely selection of salads.

The bad thing about the hotel are the cost of bottled water ...... at €2.50 for a small bottle you can save yourself a lot by taking a 5 minute walk to the nearest shop and by a 5 litre bottle for €1.40. We went half board and although drinks were included with breakfast there were no drinks included in the evening meal ... not even a glass of water!
The swimming pool was a lovely temperature, cool for a few seconds then warm. It was very clean as well and is a fresh water pool so no nasty chlorine tastes / smells. There are plenty of sun loungers and brollies for shade.

The beach is a very short walk away if you get fed up of the pool.
Overall a very good hotel offering a relaxing holiday without fuss. Would visit again.

Room Tip: aim for as high in the hotel as possible for the best views. Connecting rooms have very thin walls!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Leviboarder
PalladiumHG, Management Department at Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest,
We celebrate that you had a relaxing holiday. Thank you for your special comments regarding team members who made your stay even more memorable.
On the other hand, we have informed the departments of all your suggestions and are working on then.
On behalf of the entire team, we cannot wait for your return.
With kind regards,

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

First holiday for many years travelling without children.Great location right on the beach.Cala nova one of the best beaches.Lovely up market beach bars playing chill out music.Beach bars serve lunche or nip to the little supermarket for a freshly prepared bagutte/sandwich and cold drinks.Hotel very clean,food excellent, plenty of choice. Wasn't happy with view upon arrival asked if we could change and the manger was very helpfull and we were able to move.Bar staff and restaurant staff very friendly.A lot of repeat customers.We would definately go back to this hotel.Extra charges for fridge kettle safe etc but think the hotel is priced correctly, good value.Lovely kids pool area away from adult area.Would go all inclusive next time as it was much better than Iwe expected. Good mixture of people all ages.Short stroll to town.Transport very good either bus or ferries.

Room Tip: Most rooms sea view but would ask for room on 4th or 5th floor.Avoid interconnecting rooms can be no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gill M
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. Your comments about the hotel and your holiday are very helpfull as they help us to improve our services. We are pleased to know that you found our staff friendly and you had a good holiday.
Kind Regards,

Denton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I first went to this hotel some years ago and once again my wife and I found it to be of the highest standard. he rooms, the staff and the food were all of the best standard.
We have always found Thomson holidays to be the best. However, I found the food which you now have to purchase from the trolly service to be awful. Indeed, I demanded my money back. My request was ignored. So I wrote a letter and took it to the Thomson shop in Denton. I did get my money back and I requested that my letter be passed on to whoever would deal with my complaint. Shame really because I normally rate Thomson's very highly. As yet I have had no confirmation that thomsons have received my letter.

Room Tip: go high and pay a bit extra for a sea view
3 Thank Terry S
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova for your family vacation.
We appreciated your nice comments regarding the quality of the food and rooms. We hope we can welcome you soon again.

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Me, my partner and our 2 children have just returned from a weeks stay here. The hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean, staff were friendly and helpful. I'd like to add a special mention for Flora who works in the restaurant and was wonderful. The food was great, lots of choice and always hot. The childrens pool is brilliant, lovely water features and slides. As the pool is only 40 cm deep, it was ideal for building my 2 year olds confidence in the water. The animation staff were fun and appear to really enjoy their jobs, the activities for both children and adults were varied and enjoyable. The hotel is ideally situated next to a lovely beach and only 5-10 mins away from livelier bars. The only negative for me is the rooms aren't massive. I'd definitely recommend the hotel and would certainly stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Keely M
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments. We will tell Flora and the entertaiment team about your congratulations. They do their best to satisfy our guests.
We hope to see you again in one of our Palladium Hotels.
All Regards,

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our first trip to Ibiza and it won't be our last. We highly recommend this hotel, we enjoyed a very relaxing week here. The food was very good and there was a great selection available at every meal time. The hotel is spotlessly clean throughout, entertainment was good, lovely pool area and pool and very close to the beach. Great location only a short walk into the main resort where you can get local buses, they're very efficient and resonable, if you feel like exploring. Really great choice, enjoy!!!

Room Tip: ask for a sea view ,ours was lovely and looked over the kiddies pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Helen H
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit. I’m delighted that you selected Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova for your holiday in Ibiza.
We hope we can welcome you soon again.
My best personal regards,

Darlington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My 6 year old son and I stayed here, spotlessly clean, lovely food with a fantastic variety at all meal times, great activities for the kids; mine and my sons favourite was the giant inflatable crocodile mega fun!! The staff were friendly and the animation team were fab. Lovely location nice and quiet out of the way and amazing views from the pool, nice beach just down from the pool. Will be back hopefully later in the year! Great tip the shop near the campsite sells amazing freshly made sandwiches for a couple of euros.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Princess F
PalladiumHG, Management Department at Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your comments which I have shared with my team.
We strive to offer experiences such as yours, thus your appreciation means as much to us as our services did to your family.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
All Regards,

Tropic Garden Aparthotel
Tropic Garden Aparthotel
#17 of 55 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,620 reviews

Been to Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova? Share your experiences!