“first class”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“first class”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

i have just spent two wonderful weeks at this hotel. i never had any complaints or incidents and would encourage anyone to book this hotel. there is entertainment everynight and while it may not suit all people i would encourage you to join in or take part....paco dani arturo and barbara are a lot of fun and put a lot of effort in to their jobs. so go ...take part and enjoy

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jim n
PalladiumHG, Management Department at Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest
We just wanted to thank you for your kind review and also to let you know we are really happy you are enjoying your stays with us
We celebrate that you had a great holiday and hope to see you again.
We hope to see you again in one of our Palladium Hotels.
Best Regards,

Palladium Hotel Group.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Travelled as a single guy looking for a quick break for sun reading listening to my music and chilling out...upon arrival I had to wait an hour and half for my room! All other rooms were ready except mine. If you are half board like I was for gods sake don't buy a drink at the pool bar! 6 euros for a glass of coke!! That's nearly 5 pound people! I walked to the pool bar with 2 euros in my hand was gobsmacked when she said 6 ... I said that even dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people! Not too sure if she knew who dick Turpin was lol. I told her to put it back! There is a local supermarket 50 yards away and a big bottle was 1 euro 20, you do the maths. The Internet is scandalous, pop to the beach where it's free... Apart from that had a great week, met some lovely people... Sun beds are a plenty if a little old...room was good, cleaned every day and the staff were very friendly. Great location near the beach which is also great. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank deanocfc21
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments which will be taken into account to help us better ourselves day by day. We pass your suggestions to our core business departments and quality.
With kind regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My Wife & I booked the holiday a week before departure early July 2014 the hotel is well located just out of resort close to beach which is a nice beach (watch out for the naturalist cove) .
Food is of a good standard but the restaurant need's a bit of decorum at Dinner;
On a personal point smoking any where round the pool not nice needs a designated smoking area. A big plus sunbeds not allowed to be reserved before nine so always got a sun bed :) the pool area is pleasant and a separate children's pool is a bonus !
If you chose to stay in the hotel the Entertainment was of a good standard. We took the 10 minute walked to resort after dinner to take advantage of the free wifi which was available in most bars even though we had upgraded to the all-inclusive drinks (good deal)
The overall holiday was just what we needed its a great atmosphere if I had to find a negative I was disappointed to find on arrival at 11.30am that my room wasn't going to be ready till 1.30 pm. Would definitely return.

3 Thank Gordon S
Dear Guest
Please accept our most sincere apologies for waiting for his room, the departments concerned have been informed.
We will be happy we can welcome you and your wife soon again.
Kind Regards,

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was our second visit so we knew what to expect. The location is great, a 5-10 minute walk into the main resort but just a few steps from a quieter beach and shop, beach cafe and restaurant. The walk into town is a pleasant one, especially if you cut across the beach. Rooms, in fact entire hotel are spotless and staff work flat out to make sure they stay this way. Food is plentiful and varied, so it was sad to see some guests just eating chips and ketchup EVERY NIGHT! Each to their own, I guess. The entertainment side is not something we look for, being anti social and non drinkers, but there were some great acts nonetheless, and plenty of space on the terraces for us to play cards and watch from a reserved distance! Kids seem well catered for too. All rooms seem to have a good view, nothing grim to look out onto as far as I could tell.
We dropped a €50 note under the bed one day and hadn't missed it (to be honest I thought I'd shopped more than I intended; it happens!), but returned from a day out to find a note on the bed with the money attached explaining our maid had found it. I'm sure this isn't rare but did illustrate to us how lovely all the staff are and how safe we feel in general here. We will definitely be back.
If this is your first visit to Ibiza take time to explore! Lots of excursions available and reception staff happy to help. Ibiza Old Town is a must, Formentera is a really should, San Antonio is horrible.
One more thing; all inclusive was the way for us as we drink a lot of soft drinks but not sure what the alcohol deal is like. But please remember that the staff are working just as hard clearing tables in a buffet restaurant as they would with table service and they deserve a tip or at the very least a big thank you!

Room Tip: They're all good as far as I can tell!
3 Thank IanNess
PalladiumHG, Management Department at Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Our aim is to give our guests the maximun satisfaction. Your comments reflect that we have achieved our goals, so we are really proud of providing you with a wonderful holiday.
All Regards,

Wolverhampton
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff were Lovely, great value for money, we were a young couple so having the town a 5 min walk away and the beach a 40 second walk was ideal! There were lots of things to do, hippy market, and a ferry to the island formentura also great value for money and a great day out. It was a peaceful area that felt safe. Our only downfall was other people out age and we would have liked just a little more to do as the main party bit of the island cost us 40€ one way. But over all beautiful area and wouldn't hesitate it's to return

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for giving us your opinion about our hotel and its services.We hope to see you soon in our Hotel.
Greetings from Cala Nova! Many thanks for your recent visit and for posting a review.

Penshaw
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel from the 5th - 12th July and overall we had great holiday

Having read previous reviews I emailed the hotel before arriving to ask for a room on one of the top floors and one that isn't inter-connecting. I didn't get a response to the email but we got a room on the 4th floor and it wasn't inter-connecting so that was great. The room itself was a bit below the standard I was expecting although it was spotless. The beds were like camp beds and very noisy & uncomfortable, there was no fridge (read close to the end of the holiday that you can hire one?), you had to pay to use the safe and only 3 TV channels in English, which were all news. We did have a half decent view overlooking the front of the hotel and partial sea view to the right... Thompson advertise this as a 4 star hotel but the rooms are 3 star at best.

The staff were always friendly and provided a great service

We stayed half board... The breakfasts were great with a lot of choice and omlettes cooked to order. Only ate in the hotel on an evening a couple of times (again, plenty of choice) as there are some really nice restaurants near by such as Fish & Tonic, Punta Verde and the other one right on Cala Nova beach. Drinks in the pool bar were expensive and we soon discovered that it is much, much cheaper to buy beer and snacks (great baguettes) from the little supermarket opposite the hotel

The pool area itself got a little crowded and for the first few days we struggled to get any loungers but prefered to be on the beach anyway so it wasn't too much of a big deal. Didn't take part in any of the activities but there always seemed to be something going on... Mostly family orientated

The hotel is in a great location. 5/10 min walk to Es Cana and direct access to Cala Nova beach. It was also only a 20 min walk to Cala Lleyna which had a fantastic beach

I would recommend the Cala Nova to others and I would stay there again if looking for a cheap and cheerful getaway... As long as the price is right and you're not expecting luxury although with a little updating in the bedrooms it could be a great place to stay

3 Thank MBruce1982
Dear Guest,
I want to thank that you have devoted a few minutes of your time do send us your comments. I truly appreciate your feedback. I have personally taken note of the opportunities for improvement that you have suggested and have already started addressing them.
With best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My dad, husband, 4 year old son and myself visited this hotel from 7th - 14th July 2014. I have been there before as a child and subsequent years after with family and then my husband. On our arrival we went to our room which had a horrendous view being eye level with a huge air conditioning pipe that ran along the roof of the restaurant . I immediately went back to reception and said I was not prepared to pay £2000 for a week for us to look onto a pipe and that I wanted to be moved. My Thompson rep was useless but the hotel manager stepped in and managed to manoeuvre things around so that we all had rooms on the 5th floor with fantastic views. Having a young child we spent our late evenings on the balcony with a bottle of wine which was lovely however we would have been devastated if we had had to keep our original room. Thank you very much to the hotel staff, this was our first overseas holiday in 6 years and they made it a great one. Thank you cala nova fiesta for great food, great surroundings and a great time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lisa D
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that after change your room to a quieter side of the hotel you had so fairly pleasant stay.
We will be happy we can welcome you soon again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Es Canar
#8 of 13 in Es Canar
Sol Beach House Ibiza
Sol Beach House Ibiza
#13 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Fiesta Hotel Cala Nova? Share your experiences!