“ok hotel”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“ok hotel”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Only went for a 2 day break. Arrived late evening and we were welcomed by a very nice and friendly male receptionist. Rooms were basic but very clean, which is a must for me.

Positives; great location/ very clean/ staff friendly and welcoming/fabulous shower

Negatives; season for lots of Spaniards hols. I have been going to Spain for over 40yrs and always found them lovely people but unfortunately, on this occasion, I felt a total outcast and very unfriendly. They also have absolutely no consideration to other people in the hotel. The noise from them was so loud, it was impossible to sleep!

Hotel rooms basic but ok. Beds are very creaky. Just turning position in bed wakes you up. Pillows were so hard, it was like sleeping with my head on a concrete block!
Breakfast; don't get too excited,,Served between 8-10am. We went down at 8.45am and it was like a cattle market. Lots of tables needing to be cleared and not enough staff.(nice restaurant staff though) Bread rolls/yogurt/ham/cheese/cereal. ok but had better and a nicer selection of bread would be nice. Hotel was very good though on our final day as we had a early flight home so they allowed us to have breakfast at 7am.

Overall, the hotel was ok but not sure I would visit again. Why? I hear you ask, as my review isn't too bad. Well main reason would be the difference in customer service when I wasn't happy with a situation the hotel put me in.
Normally, the day after arriving, passports are given back to holiday makers by the reception staff. We had a very busy 37hrs in the resort and admittedly, forgot to ask ourselves. When we checked out on the second day/paid our bill etc, we ordered a taxi, waited 15mins for the taxi to arrive, and then left for the airport to return to the UK. 19 euros into our journey, the taxi driver had a message come through to inform us we had left our passports at the hotel. Obviously we had to turn back to the hotel. When I went into the hotel to retrieve our passports, I mentioned to the lady and gentleman on reception that it was a good job I had enough euros on me for the taxi fair, and their attitude was not good, thinking I was looking for an argument. I don't totally blame the hotel for this error, as I had forgotten too, BUT, this is the first hotel I have ever been to, (and I have been to hundreds) that have not given me my passports back the following day. No apology was given to me, just a very serious unfriendly face,,,,very different to when we arrived. Customer service is a major selling point in any business, so for this reason, I am only giving an average score for the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jill68
Danielibz, Guest Relations Manager at azuLine Hotel Coral Beach, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Jill68,
Thank you for your review and thank you for your kind words towards our hardworking housekeeping department.
During the offseason months this Hotel, like most open Ibiza hotels at this time, has an overwhelming spanish clientele that has needs and expectations a bit different from our summer crowds. Menus, opening hours, music, animation tend to be more Spanish. We realitze that this might unsettle some of our international guests and we do apologize for this and ask for your understanding.
In our room directory we do offer the possibility to ask and receive another different, or extra set, of pillows. This would have gone a great deal towards making your experience a more comfortable one as we realitze that the choice of pillows is a very personal one.
We are certainly confused though about your bad experience with our front desk staff in regards to your forgotten passports. Upon check-in we always pointly inform our guests that their documentation is only needed to fill out our mandatory police reports and ready for the guest to pick up on the same day. It came to the individual iniciative of one of our clerks to realitze you had forgotten to pick them up and she went out of her way to contact the taxi company as to insure you would not end up missing your flight. As she did that day, we do again apologize for any discomfort this whole matter brought to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Polish first
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed here summer 2012. Hotel in a great location in a lovely resort. Food was same old. Breakfast was a Hugh disappointment. No bacon, no egg. Entertainment was really bad especially the mini disco. Think it was three members of staff doing the entertainment every night.. Doesn't bother me much evening entertainment but mini disco for he children needs to be improved massively. All in all the resort and island amazing. Oh and reception staff brilliant and communication via email before arrival very efficient.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I have been to this hotel 5 times all with my family one year being 20 of us. This hotel is great the food is just out of this world, the rooms are very clean (I would advise to request pool view) one year i was on the front and kept hearing a hippie near the hotel playing his drums. It was very pretty and great to listen to at certain times, early morning not so great. I have some really fantastic memorys at this hotel and do know a great deal about his hotel. There is so much to do for familys the hotel staff are great and the entertainment team are brill. Charlies bar at the top is brilliant i loved that bar so so so so much fun in there. even my nana at 80 loved es cana it is beautiful i actually love the place. In July if your lucky to get there for the right dates there is some kind of festival on where they have literally out of this world fire work displays on the beach (great times) its so pretty. To get to the point the hotel is fantastic and everything about it so dont listen to people moaning about stupid things (they just have nothing better to do) you will be treated like royalty. Enjoy

13 Thank kerrie d
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel in early september i was concerned after reading the bad reviews on here about the rooms food etc...but the staff were amazing the food was excellent the room we were first sent too was on the road and a little loud but we asked if it was possible to move to another room with a pool view because it was kind of what i had my heart set on and they moved us straight away its not far from the beach or the town atall about a 5 min walk (and im slow) Es canar itself was beautiful i would highly recommend this hotel and Es canar we had a wonderful time

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jasmine C
London
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My family and I visited the Coral Beach in August of this year having been searching for a 4 star all inclusive deal in Ibiza which was reasonably priced. Having been driven mad by various Travel Agents promising fantastic hotels that, strangely, were not available once we went to book I settled on the Coral Beach having been assured that it was 4 star. It was not. The rooms were fine but basic and the hotel was generally quite clean but the food for AI was not great. It made us think twice about booking AI again. The problem at the Coral Beach is that they book too many AI visitors and they cannot cater for them a) with any style in the restaurant and b) literally, by the pool. There are not enough sunbeds for everyone and you find yourself either getting up at the crack of dawn to queue (on your holiday - lovely!) for a sunbed or going outside of the hotel and having to pay extra. Booking AI at this hotel is a false economy. The entertainment is pretty poor and there isn't much for teenagers to do. The reception staff, however, are very nice, but sit right beneath a huge 3 star sign! We wouldn't go again.

6 Thank Lionheart69
marketingazuline, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at azuLine Hotel Coral Beach, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear guest,

In no place does the Hotel Coral Beach claim to be anything but a three star Hotel as advertised. You have seen yourself how we do show those three stars in our Hotel entrance and at the Front desk. We do not claim to be anything different to a three star Hotel with our contractors. We humbly believe that your travel agent misinformed you but it is not our fault. Nevertheless, we are sorry you did not enjoy your holiday.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My wife and I sailed into Ibiza port after a pleasant 3 night stay on Formentere Island. We caught a taxi which took us to our hotel in Es Cana were we had booked a 7 night All inclusive stay. We requested a top floor room and ended up with probably one of the best rooms at the hotel - room nos 514. From the balcony, one could see 3 different seaviews, including the nearby island rock.
The reception staff were very helpful and were genuinely interested in ensuring their guests had a good time. All the food in the restaurant was of 3 star quality, however, it was more than adequate and the lunch and dinner selection was very acceptable - breakfast was mediocre and boring!
The outsdie pool was deep, vary large and a bit in the cold side and there access for disabled guests to be lowered into the pool. Loads of good quality sunbeds, with lots available around the pool ( mind you it was out of season)
Avoid staying a room on the front side of the hotel. We noticed that the hotel rooms were dark, overlooking very noisy air-conditioning fans and dustbin lorriies emptyed the bottle bin just outside the rooms in the early mornings.
The hotel is approx 250 yards from 2 different beaches. One ideal for children, whereas the other beach has waves and surf to mess about in. The town itself, was a 10 minute walf away, where there were many restaurants and bars etc.
We stayed a week, but, in hind sight 3-4 nights would have been suffice. The negative was a small group of noisy, loud mouthed germans who were intent of disturbing the peace for everyone. Probably would not stay here again, although in all fairness, one could'nt really fault its value for money AIl inclusive package.
Taxi back to the airport was €25.00, beats leaving 5 hours before the flight on a tour bus!

Room Tip: Beware of taking an side hotel facing, outside room, you'll get no sleep!