“Awesome... Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Alua Miami Ibiza

Alua Miami Ibiza
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend have just returned after a weeks stay and although our general rule is never to go back to the same place twice... we can't wait to return to the Intertur Miami Hotel. Absolute value for money. The hotel staff are so friendly and helpful, nothings to much trouble for their guests. On arrival our room wasn't ready which we expected as arrived early, however after 2 hours waiting comfortably in the sunshine by the pool, reception staff said the service wasn't good enough as their guests and gave us a key to another room to check out and if unhappy as a different type of room to what we'd booked then we could see another one... although this room was a tad smaller, the view blew us away and I unpacked in an instant. Housekeeping were lovely, immaculate room everyday, fresh towels and bedding changed. Bed and pillows were really comfortable, powerful shower, constant hot water and great air con. We stayed half board as cheapest option when booking, however would definitely go all inclusive next time as drinks can be a bit pricey. Breakfast buffet was awesome, lots of choice, however evening hot buffet although lots of choice was a little flavourless but cold buffet for me made up for it, salads galore complimented with lovely meats, seafood, cheeses, breads etc, etc! Fantastic location, 30 second direct access onto amazing beach, which suited us as pool although gorgeous was very crowded from 1st thing in the morning, no chance of getting a poolside lounger unless your prepared to put your towel on at 6am although lots of other terraces with loungers for sunbathing. Great location for bars, restaurants and transport to Old Town and Santa Eulalia. Very flat for walking if you have difficulty like myself. Hippy market is a must see, lots of bargains and souvenirs, beautiful clothes, jewellry and leather items. Although hotel entertainment isn't really our thing it was perfectly pleasant enough and entertainment staff work so hard day and night. Great for kid's and lots for them to do. Don't know what else to say other than far exceeded my expectations for 3*. Go and find out for yourself. Thanks Intertur Miami can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Clarencella
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Alua Miami Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Clarencella. Thank you very much for your review. We are really pleased to hear that everything was to your liking once again. But we are more proud to hear you have decided to come back again to our hotel even though you never return to the same place twice!

Also, we will forward all your comments onto the staff of the hotel (especially to the cleaning staff and entertainment staff.

We cannot wait to see you again.

Intertur Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (3,298)

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have just come back from a 7 night stay all-inclusive here with my husband and my two kids (11&15). It is are first time coming to Ibiza and we would definitely come back. We arrived in the hotel at around 3am in the morning and it was great that we were able to get food at this time as we were only after a long night of travelling and were hungry.

Food:
We went all inclusive, I was a bit weery at first but it was the best decision I made, my children are fussy eaters and they loved the food. The variety is unbelievable and all the food is beautiful. They also have themed nights which are great. They offered different food every night.

Rooms:
The rooms were the only thing that i could fault, they were very small for a family of four although they were very clean and the maids did a great job. I paid extra for a sea view room which I recommend as it was a great sight.

Staff&Entertainment:
The staff were all extremely friendly and worked very hard.
The entertainment was fantastic. The holiday reps were amazing (especially Tibor and Claudio) who were very friendly and funny. The daytime activities were great and they made them all very fun. Me and my daughter loved water Zumba and Tibor and Claudio were great at doing this, they were really good dancers. Also my husband had a lot of fun playing water polo. I really hope they are there next year as they did a fantastic job with the daytime entertainment. The panda club seems great for kids. The women take great care of the kids and when the kids are leaving they all seem as if they have had a wonderful time. I would recommend this to people with young kids as it seems great. We loved the company songs sang every day, they were very catchy. The crazy disco is again great for kids, the women were also great dancers and the children seemed to love them. The evening entertainment was great both the professional shows and the animation teams. Although it was sometimes hard to get a set as there was so many people watching.

Pool:
The pools were great. Although my husband was getting up around 6.30am just so we could get beds. There was two bars open during the day beside the pool which meant you didn't have to walk far to get a drink.

Overall it was an amazing holiday and we will be coming back next year. I would definitely go all-inclusive again as it was well worth. I would recommend this hotel and it is great for families.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Claire1511

Dear Clair1511. Thank you for your comment and for recommending the hotel to all families. We always try our best to satisfy the needs of our guests, so we are always pleased to hear such good comments. We will forward all them to the staff (especially to Tibor and Claudio).

We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Myself, husband and our two children aged 9 and 5 stayed at the Miami All Inclusive in early June for 11 nights and loved every minute. The hotel is spotless has friendly staff and the food is lovely. None of us are fussy eaters but if you are there is a huge choice from chips and hotdogs to various meats and gorgeous salads. I would of liked to see more Spanish dishes though or instead of one of the themed nights that were Chinese and Mexican maybe a Spanish one instead with Tapas and more fish?
There were plenty of sun loungers with it being before the school holidays and with 3 bars at the main pool side no huge queues there either. The bar staff were all very friendly as were the rest of the staff in the hotel. The animation team I have to say were wonderful, they work very hard for long hours in the sun but do a fantastic job. My children did not go to the Panda club but my daughter (5) adored the female's of the team and Claudio and Tibor who are at the pool side were a lot of fun and did a great job of entertaining my son, and husband, with water polo, darts, pool and shooting.Both of my children had a great time with the hotel dances after dinner before the night entertainment started and still sing them now.
The night entertainment was a bit of a hit or miss, most of them were very good but a couple a bit boring and strung out so we took a stroll along to the town where there is plenty of bars and a children's fairground.
We took the water taxi to Ibiza Town to go to the waterpark which I was disappointed in but the rest of the family enjoyed. I was expecting a lot more chutes, there is maybe 7 in a very small park. Also the water taxi was very choppy and my daughter was unfortunately sick (all over me!) so if you are prone to travel sickness maybe take the bus instead!
We have never returned to the same hotel we have stayed in before but we would definitely return to Miami.

3  Thank mojito29

Dear mojito29. Thank you for your comment. We are glad to know you enjoyed all services and facilities of the hotel. We are also happy to see that our staff was friendly with you. We will forward all your comments onto them.

On the other hand, we take note regarding your recommendation about more Spanish dished and about the need of improving the night entertainment. All your comments help us to improve our services.

We are looking forward to seeing you again at some of our Intertur Hotels.

Intertur Hotels

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We start with the one bad point.......we booked a twin room with bathroom and sea view - even paid extra for the view...we were given a tiny double room with a shower! I pointed this out after two mins but reception simply said we are full and have nothing else! Not good enough! It was sorted next day but should never have happened in the first place. To add insult to injury, we were asked to hurry up with the room change as someone was now waiting for the double room!! No comment about our 24 hour wait for the correct room.
Now the good stuff..... The food was fine, the room was cleaned daily, the restaurant staff were helpful and you didn't have to wait too long to be served at the bar. We went AI and it was good value. I didn't see ANYONE who had too much to drink. Other guests were friendly. I will forget the room problem and say...........Book the hotel.......but check you get the correct room :-)

Room Tip: A sea view is a must.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 902SamC
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Alua Miami Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear 902SamC. Thank you very much for your comment. First of all, we are really sorry to hear the problem you experienced with your room on your arrival. However, we are glad to know this was sorted quickly. We are more proud to know that after this, you enjoyed your holiday with us.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again if you decide to come back to Ibiza in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have been to the Miami last year so knew what to expect. It is a superbly situated family hotel situated on the beach and within easy reach of the town centre by foot.

The food is varied with an excellent selection, always varied and very fresh. It's a busy restaurant but its worth waiting for a seat in the outside restaurant.

The rooms are very clean but are somewhat dated. They would benefit from having a refrigerator. The beds are comfortably and kept very clean.

The only negative criticism is the entertainment. It is only directed towards children and starts at about 10,00 in the morning and ends at about 11.30 at night. It is so loud that it can be heard from the other side of the beach.

This is a wonderful hotel for families with young children where the parents can leave the children to be safely entertained. The entertainment aimed towards adults was poor and tended to become children's entertainment.

The bar staff are friendly and have a good selection of drinks. The all inclusive is excellent.
Apart from the entertainment, we had a good holiday and would probably go there again.

Room Tip: High floor and sea view is worth the cost.
1  Thank Pisces232

Dear Pisces232. Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to know you had once again a fantastic stay in our hotel.

We take note regarding all your comments (especially your comment about the entertainment of the hotel) in order to improve our services. All your comments are greatly appreciated.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again next year!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have just come back from a 7 night stay here in June/July with my sister and two year old niece and felt I needed to write a review on this fab hotel. This hotel was recommended to us by a friend as we were trying 'all inclusive' for the first time - we were not disappointed.

On arrival
We arrived at the hotel slightly earlier than expected, and checked in - the receptionist though not over friendly explained everything in great detail but due to us arriving early our room was not ready - we were a tad disappointed at this as we did have a 2 year old with us who had been up since the early hours - however, we were given our wrist bands, told that we could leave our luggage in the left luggage room at reception and our room would be ready just after 1pm. This was our only grumble during our weeks holiday. The receptionist explained that the restaurant opened at 12.30pm so perhaps we would like to get an early lunch or a drink from one of the pool bars.

Rooms
When we eventually got the key to our room - it was on the 5th floor - again a tad worried with a 2 year old, but after bringing in the patio furniture off the balcony - calmness was restored!! The room itself had a double and single bed, linen was to a good standard and both very comfortable and a good nights sleep was had by all. The wardrobe was built into the wall so did not take up any floor space - big enough for us three girls to hand up all our clothes, the wardrobe also contained 4 drawers and some shelf space too - more than adequate for the three of us. There was also a huge dressing table, a number of sockets dotted around the room - most important given that we had hairdryers, straighteners, mobile phones etc. There was also a small flat topped cabinet, handy for kids toys and bits and bobs to be kept on as well as a small round table with two chairs. The bathroom was of average size, again spotless on arrival. There was a bath and shower combined - the shower was quite powerful too which is always a bonus. Complimentary toiletries in a basket was a nice touch - adequate shelf space too - towels changed on a daily basis. The only problem was after both of us showering the room did suffer from a bit of condensation which in turn made the bathroom floor quite slippery - however, the bathroom is styled like a wet room so I suppose this is expected.

Air conditioning worked a treat - and it was well needed during our stay (worked so well that during the night we did have to turn it down on a couple of occasions.)

Please note that there are no tea/coffee facilities nor a fridge.

Restaurant
Firstly I do not know what some people who have reviewed this hotel are expecting - even the most fussiest of eaters would have found something during mealtimes - my 2 year old niece did!!!

Breakfasts - a selection of cereals (I saw Weetabix, Sugar Puffs, Museli, Coco Pops and Cornflakes during my stay.) Typical continental breakfasts, cheeses, hams pate, a wide selection of fresh fruits, yoghurts, dried fruits. Typical English breakfast - bacon, boiled eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, beans, sausage, tomatoes, potato croquettes etc. Freshly baked croissants - a wide selection of bread rolls, 2 toasters - though a tad slow. Jams, marmalade Nutella, and cheese spreads were also available. Tea, coffee, fruit juice (apple, orange and pineapple)

Lunch
A wide selection of pasta & rice salads, green salad, cheeses, hams - always a hot meat option and fish option, together with cooked vegetables, potato option, pizza, burgers, hot dogs, paella, always a wide selection of desserts too. Wine is readily available on tap as is lager.

Dinner
Again always at least one hot meat and fish option together with vegetables, potatoes, salads, pasta and rice dishes and again cakes and desserts. Wine is readily available on tap as is lager.

Twice a week there is a speciality night - Chinese (Tues) Mexican (I think was Saturday)

Pool area
There is one huge pool divided into 3 sections - the sunbeds are arranged around this area - I believe getting a sunbed was a mission but to be honest we spent our entire time at the small splash pool with the pirate ship and slides at the top of the garden area - and to be honest this was probably the better option as the sun shone on this area all day, we toasted nicely. I was impressed with the level of cleanliness, due to seeing the water in this pool being analysed at least twice a day. There was one lifeguard on duty - and one in particular was ruthless if older kids got too rowdy around the splash pool.

Staff etc
I can not fault the staff at this hotel. Everyone was incredibly friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The housekeeping service was first class, every aspect of the hotel was immaculate, the ground staff were often seen sweeping up around the pool area too. The bar staff were very friendly and the entertainment staff worked their socks off to keep everyone happy, especially the kids club - these guys and girls were truly wonderful and the kids thought they were fab. My niece loved the nightly crazy kids disco.

All in all I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The people that have found fault do not seem to have realized that this is a family hotel and should have done their research before booking!!! - If you're looking for a romantic getaway or an older couple looking for somewhere quiet than this hotel is definitely not for you - if it's a family friendly hotel your looking for with good food, entertainment, clean and close to the beach then this could be the hotel for you :)

If anyone needs any further info pop me an email :)

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel overlooking the self catering apartments would be beneficial if you...
4  Thank alliejay

Dear alliejay. Thank you very much for all your feedback. We are really pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your holiday in our hotel. We will send all your comments onto the staff of the hotel.

Regarding your comment about the check-in, please be advised that check-in time is from 2 pm (when the room is cleaned and ready to be used). So, if you arrive earlier, always depends on the availability the possibility of having the room before 2 pm.

On the other hand, we take note regarding your comments about the fridge and the tea/coffee facilities (now only available in Premium Rooms) in the rooms. All your comments are greatly appreciated.

We cannot wait to see you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My family of 7 stayed here in June/July 2013 and we still have the holiday blues due to such a fantastic time. There isn't a day that hasn't gone by when the sunshine song hasn't been played in the car.
In our party there was 4 adults, 2 children and an infant staying on an all inclusive basis. Upon arrival we had been issued with two separate rooms with quite a distance between them. The reception staff, who were very helpful,told us to go back the next day and he would leave a message for the head receptionist to see if we could be moved. True to his word we moved the next day to a connecting room with a beautiful sea view. If they can help they will.
My 2 that were old enough for panda club enjoyed every minute and the girls that look after them do a brilliant job. It has a small ball pool, soft play, play stations and much more.

The restaurant has many different options each day. Even the fussiest of eaters should find something. Plenty of salads, fruit, breads, puddings, fish dishes , vegetarian dishes, chips, chops , nuggets.... The list goes on.

The pool area is fantastic, especially if you have a dad that wakes at 5am most mornings and doesn't mind going for a walk to put the towels out in the perfect spot ..... Sorry but yes we was one of the early sunbed hoggers ...... Your on holiday , you should be up and about making the most of every minute :0)
Joking aside you could always find a sunbed, even at 11 am. Okay it may not of been prime position but you snooze you lose !!!
I can't see how hotels will ever stop this happening , it's just part and parcel now.
There is a fantastic sunbed area if you want to get away from the pool.
Kids splash pool is a fantastic addition to an already brilliant outside area, great fun and peace of mind as its not very deep.

Not a great deal to say about the rooms as we was hardly in them other than our maid( room 401) worked her magic every day. She cleared up after 7 of us every single day and done a fantastic job.
The beds was super comfy, extra pillows requested and received the same day. Shower and a bath in one room with just a shower in the connecting room, cleaned to a very high standard with fresh towels daily if needed.

Evening entertainment was a kids disco from half 8 till 9 , kids loved it and again the staff made a great effort with the kids to get them involved.
There was a brilliant parrot show, they charge 10 euros or so to have a picture taken with one on your head.
This is also the same for the birds of prey show.
We watched a magician, Irish dancers, burlesque with a twist show, mr and mrs miami , the reps show and a fantastic quiz show. Varied and not to everyone's tastes but all easy to watch.
The quiz was a fantastic night, we wasnt sold when we seen it advertised but the best night was had.
The entertainment is usually followed by half hours worth of disco music until the bar closes at 11.30

Bar staff are helpful and friendly. We liked the fact they would serve you to a few drinks rather than one per wristband ( all inclusive ) the kids ( and adults ) can eat as many ice creams as they feel. There are snacks served at some point but there isn't much time between breakfast, lunch and dinner to feel hungry so we never found these.
1 tip they charge just over 2 euros for a small pot of Pringles behind the bar , if you go to the spar over the road they charge 2 euros for a whole tube. Saved us a fortune with the kids.

Strongly recommend hiring a car for the day and go beach hunting . Head north, it's beautiful .
The hotel offer picnics. Order them before 8pm the night before and they are ready for when you go to breakfast. You get 3 choices cheese , ham or tuna selection.
Couldnt fault what they gave us
Plenty of bread rolls , butter, tomatoes , water, fruit, tuna, pâté , cheese spread, plate of salami and cakes.

This is a big hotel, in a fantastic location.
The beach is on your doorstep but we didnt spend much time there as there had been a jelly fish invasion so gave it a miss. Very clean and plenty of beds to hire
I was told cala longa was a lot better which is a 10 min walk away.

Wifi is available to buy. It was 24 euros for the week. It didn't work very well in the room but was quick when round the pool.

All in all i would strongly recommend this hotel and we are already looking at booking for next year.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank pagetta6291

Dear pagetta6291. Thank you very much for your kind comment. We are proud to know everything was as you expected. We are also happy to know you have already booked your holiday for next year!

We will forward all your comments onto our staff. They will be pleased to hear all what you comment.

We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Es Canar
15 mi away
Alua Hawaii Ibiza
Alua Hawaii Ibiza
#5 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Alua Miami Ibiza? Share your experiences!