“Great if you have kids, not so great if you want to relax.”
Review of Alua Miami Ibiza

Alua Miami Ibiza
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel was fine, extremely clean and staff were friendly. Pool was nice, but sunbeds were really cramped and busy and very little shaded areas. The beach was quite nice outside the hotel.

Our room (422) was incredibly small, and it seemed to be one of the only rooms we saw that had a tiny double bed instead of two singles pushed together. My partner and I are both tall, my feet hung off the end of the bed! Also, our room was overlooking the bar/pool/entertainment area. Which was VERY noisy at times throughout the day and from about 8pm til 11.30 at night. We only stayed 3 nights, We were hoping for a few days of relaxation, but the music was playing quite loud for most of the day, so bit hard to chill out for us.

The food was fine, nothing offensive but nothing brilliant. I'm pretty easy going with food but my partner is a bit more fussy. He was fine though, there was something at every meal that he would eat. They do really delicious pancakes at breakfast!

Overall we had an ok time, if you're a family you will probably love it here. But as a late 20's couple, we prefer something a bit quieter and less aimed at kids.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Alua Miami Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Deark8ld. Thank you for all your feedback. As our hotel is above all focused to families and couples it is really important to know all your experiences.

We take note about all what you mention (especially the comments about the noise in the pool area) in order to improve our services.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Best regards
Intertur Hotels Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,298)

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Good hotel for families,stayed here for one week half board with my daughter, son in law and two grand children age nine and five. Great location few steps down on to the beach could prove costly to use beds on beach at 5 euros for each sun bed and an umbrella. Playa Es Cana is lovely the Hippie Market is worth a visit. The hotel was very busy. The food was always hot well presented the resturant was open till 9.30pm but the food was often covered up by 9.15pm when guests were still eating. Our room was small, kept clean by friendly staff,The bar would benefit from having more staff. The lack of facilities to get changed if needed when going home was very poor the hotel offered a public area with toilets and showers to get changed in the area was dirty with no prvacy or pay 36 euros to keep the room after 11am.The animations team worked hard to entertain but on the whole the entertainment was very poor. The area around the stage was quite small with not enough chairs, tables. The pool area is crowded wth sunbeds head to toe to get one you had to get up very early Getting up at 6am is not my idea of a holiday to get a sunbed!! there were extra beds with no where to put them. We experienced two power cuts in the week we were there for short periods.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear LindaHULLYorkshire. Thank you for all your feedback. We are happy to hear you found our hotel good for families.

Regarding your comment about the entertainment and about the lack of facilities to get changed, we take note about it in order to improve our services in the future.

On the other hand, regarding your comment about the power cuts, we had some problems with the power during your stay with us. However now it works properly. We will investigate it in order to avoid situations like you experienced.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have just come back from Intertur Miami Ibiza Hotel on 15/07/2013, and it was, very nice, good food, good accomadation, very helpful staff, and all in all a very nice holiday especially for children, great entertainment crew, but please don't book thru HOLIDAY GEMS TRAVEL as you will be bitterly dissappointed, no rep, bad information, wrong details, no transfers, no responsibility for mistakes, this travel company is all wrong they just take your money, and that is it, we asked for several things but never got them, please avoid at all costs. But please do visit this delightful Hotel.

Gary S Murphy

Room Tip: we had a family room 2 bedrooms with interconnecting door,4 adults + 2 children, lovely over looking...
2  Thank gary m

Dear gary m. Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Before I went on my holiday to the Miami I was looking at the reviews on trip advisor, these were varied and I think it's like anything really...'what suits one won't suit another', you have too find out for yourself. So here goes and this is my sole opinion and what I think after my holiday....Just returned from a weeks holiday with my 12 yr old at the Miami, nice hotel in a great location, we went All Inc, this I have never done before preferring to go to different places to eat, however I found it worth it, the food was plentiful and varied at meal times and although the hotel was busy we never had to queue for our meals and the dining staff were friendly and helpful.
Our room was on the 2nd floor (211), it was on the quieter side of the hotel (which was nice) and had sea views, it contained a double and single bed which made a change from the usual 2 twin beds, although not overly big we were only there to sleep in it so room size adequate for what we needed it for, the bathroom was clean and a decent size, the maids came in daily and made up beds and changed towels. The only down side for me really was the safe in the wardrobe was not facing you so I had to stand at an awkward angle to open it!!!!
It was the usual outside by the pool, up at the crack of dawn to put towels out, personally I couldn't be bothered with that and just sat on the chairs (white plastic) around the pool/bar area or went to the beach (2 beds and 1 umbrella = robbing sods!!! 15 euros!!) The bars outside were ok, a queue sometimes for a drink but won't complain coz you can be at a bar here and have to queue, thats just a staff issue, but all in all didn't find it a problem and the staff were nice too :)
Entertainment was good for kids with a Krazy Disco each night and activities in the daytime, at night for the adults it was typical hotel entertainment with bird shows, dance shows and magic shows. There was a few activities in the day for the adults e.g. pool,darts, aqua gym/zumba, water polo. My hat goes off to the entertainment team because they work hard and long hours and it must be a thankless job at times trying to get people involved.
Whilst we were there, we had a few power cuts and at times took a while to be sorted so am surprised that a back up system isn't in place for a hotel that size. On one occassion this happened at the evening meal so of course the hot food was going cold so a few peeved customers there!
All in all it was a good all round holiday, it was a good 3* hotel, clean and tidy and food good and yes we would return again. Adios :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear SARAH B. Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and enjoyed the resort of es Canar as well.

Regarding your comment about the power cuts. We will investigate about it in order to avoid situations like happened during your holiday.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just returned from a great holiday at this hotel ,I travelled with my husband and children age 7 & 4 .. We were All Inclusive and the food was great with a lovely outside eating area, this does get busy and sometimes you may have to wait for a table but I would say we waited no more than 5 minutes to be seated. The panda club is very good and secure our children loved it and if they wanted to leave the club early then one of the animation team would come and look for you around the pool. The pool does get busy but this is like anywhere else I have stayed , the pirate splash pool is also fantastic. The hotel itself is spotless and the maids do a great job at cleaning your room . The rooms are only small but all you do is sleep in them so this was not a problem for our family of four. The only downside I would say is the entertainment at night is not the best but it kept our children entertained and would not put me off returning .... All in all a fantastic location and lovely hotel and I hope to return next year .....:-)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Intertur, Intertur Hotels Team at Alua Miami Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Holben. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you had a great stay in our hotel. We are also happy to hear that your children enjoyed the Panda Club and the new Splash Pool as well.

On the other hand, we take note regarding your comment about the night entertainment. All your comments are appreciated to improve our services.

We are looking forward to seeing you again next year!!

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Clearly is one of the best hotels we have done so far in Spain. I mean you really get value for your money.
We reserved a sea view room. We were on the 5th floor.
We were looking for a hotel more family oriented. Last year we were in saint Antoni and it is really annoying to get awake because your obnoxious neighbors come back from partying at 5am.
After 11:30pm the place is very quite.
The food is quite international. The drinks are local alcohols and you can get your preferred brand for some euros. I must say the number of AI cocktails is quite limited.
There are 2 beaches nearby. The one called cala nova is far better than the one that is beside the hotel.
I can't tell about the animations nor the mini club because we were mostly at the beach and went to the pool after 5pm.

The pools is not very large and if you don't wake up early you can forget to get a sunbed.

Finally about the electricity shortage that happened 1 day in July for couple of hours and the next days 4 or 5 times for some minutes each time. It's the first time it happens in 13 years one of the waiters told me.

Finally the staff is really friendly, helpful and truly nice. I didn't keep in mind all the names but thank you to all of them and specially Pilar :) (bar)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mmz67

Dear mmz67. Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel as one of the best hotels in Spain. We will forward your review onto the staff of the hotel.

On the other hand, we take note regarding your comment about the AI Cocktails. All your comments are appreciated in order to improve our services.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I tend to wait a few days after I come back and review my thoughts... so here they are. Firstly this is not a good all inclusive others have said also... its really full board with free drinks and I would agree with this. I have stayed at other 3 star all inclusive where good bar snacks are available as well as water without having to queue. Most good hotel will have water available free at the bar to help yourself. This is where the hotel mostly falls below expectations. My family found the food otherwise very good, no complaints and the outside eating area was very welcome. The bar queues were very bad and although they had 2 bars open, they lacked staff.

We booked in Jan 7 months before and asked for a high room with a pool or sea view, we got a low room overlooking the road. I dont believe any sea views rooms are available to any guest as management hold them back and ask guests to pay an extra supplement. We found the air conditioning terrible and during our stay the power went out 4 times in 10 days usually at peaks times whilst showering, the hotel electrics just shut down, no air conditioning, no water, so now shower no hairdryer, no iron or straightners.. nothing and this happened typically between 6.30 and 7.30 It was pretty horrendous !! One night the whole hotel went out at 9pm and the show was cancelled we got fed up sitting outside in the dark with no lights and no entertainment we went elsewhere for a drink. It was worrying the management left us for over an hour without any explanation or apology. This must be a common fault as when we called reception to report no electrics they seemed to know. I think someone else has mentioned the electrics are very outdated. The hotel cannot cope at full capacity.

The sunbed scenario is the same as everywhere.. cannot moan about that . The only moan is that the beds are too close together.

Our children are 8 and 11 and have experienced childrens entertainment for the last few years but this was worst. The professional shows are really poor. Dont expect any good tribute acts or good shows its just rubbish dancing and terrible terrible magic shows and parot nonsense!!
There is no outside nice evening area for adults just plastic seats at the stage front which is isnt great the hotel could so with some other area, just like to the outside eating area. somehwere nice away from the mass.

The quiz night was the worst. We too like other suffered theft from the pool area. We didnt bother to report it as a few nights previously we reported the presence of a strange man lingering in the gents toilets in the lobby for 4 hours observing people ...... !!!!!!!!!!and the hotel didnt do much didnt even ask our room number for management to speak to us. The incident left a little mark on our holiday and needless to say my 8 year old son was never allowed to the toilet himself . the reception staff seemed to be aware of some drunken german vagrant as they called him but just ignored us.

The cleaning staff are excellent so big awards to them, they do work hard and the entertainment guys seemed to do a good job also. Although my kids are getting to old for kids clubs so I cannot comment.

The only snacks is biscuits available at 5pm an even then you have so ask pool side bar staff for and they aren't especially welcome as dishing them out.

We went by bus to St Eulia which was a nice change. Having been to Ibiza previously we went to Ibiza town before which was nice. Es cana is very quiet with a few fair ground rides and lacks any nice atmosphere. We went to the hippymarket which was okay but other than that the highlight of our holiday was the beach pedalos and seeing some Barcelona footballers yaucht with Shakira on board

1  Thank may m

Dear may m. Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't found our hotel to your expectations. However, we are glad to receive all your reviews in order to improve our services.

Regarding all your comments we would like to point out:

- About the All Inclusive, we take note about all what you say in order to improve this service in the future. However, please be advised that we offer snacks (hot and cold) at the restaurant between meals every day. From 17:00 to 18:00 we offer tea and coffee with biscuits.

- Regarding your comment about your room request please be advised that all requests are always subject to availability, so we cannot assure them to our guests. We always recommend booking it previously in order to guarantee the upgrade.

- About the incidents you experienced in your room. We will investigate all what you mention and we will take all measures needed in order to avoid situations like yours in the future.

- Regarding your comment about the theft in the pool area, we are very sorry to hear it. We will investigate all what you mention. However, we always recommend to our guests to talk immediately with reception and we are for sure that they will try their best to help you.

Finally, we take note about your other comments in order to improve our services in the future.

We hope you give us the chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards

15 mi away
Alua Hawaii Ibiza
Alua Hawaii Ibiza
#5 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany

Been to Alua Miami Ibiza? Share your experiences!