Hostal Mar y Huerta
Alua Miami Ibiza(Es Canar)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$170
  • Restaurant
azuLine Hotel Atlantic(Es Canar)(Great Value!)
US$106
bedfinder
US$236
US$230
  • Pool
Caribe Ibiza Hotel(Es Canar)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$126
  • Pool
Es Cana Playa Apartments(Es Canar)(Great Value!)
US$115
  • Pool
FERGUS Paraiso Beach Hotel(Es Canar)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$158
  • Pool
AluaSun Miami Ibiza Apartamentos(Es Canar)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$148
TripAdvisor
Fun Vistamar(Es Canar)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsceiling fanno liftair conhalf boardes canaevening mealnext yearsaladlovely little hoteltop floorboiled eggstaxi rankpool areasmall hotelwalk in showerlady on receptionbar prices
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My partner and I wanted a cheap 5 day break and booked this hotel through Thomas Cook. We were rather dubious about the whole thing to start with as I hadn't researched the hotel before I came and had never paid such a low price for accomodation before. I have stayed in Es Cana before and had stayed at the (much more expensive self catering apartments across the road 'Es Cana Playa Sol'?), and I must say that this stay was amazing. Please ignore others comments on how basic this place is, I would say 'you get what you pay for', but you really get so much more. Yes the rooms are basic, but they are clean and are cleaned most days (just not on tuesdays), but the bathrooms are modern, the sheets are prestine and every room has a balcony (ours looked out over to the sea and included table and chairs), they were also equipped with a ceiling fan and were quiet for that very important daily siesta. You can hire out a fridge, extra fan and safe for a few quid (and returnable deposit), all of my things felt safe. The pool was spotless, big enough to cater for a busy May Bank holiday week and enough loungers for everyone. The playground looked great too, if you had kids (though, I had a go on the see-saw), the pool side food is extremely cheap and pleasant (the grilled chicken sandwich was fresh and delicious), I'll chat about the staff last off... and so the breakfast and evening meal which was in our fare as it was half-board seemed to me as a bonus, yes it wasn't going to win Michelin stars as it was very basic, but it was fresh and in abundance, one night they had paella which was delicious and another they did chicken breasts and there was always fresh salad out, but Es Cana has plenty of other places you can eat (Go to Las Arenas on the corner of the street).

This brings me to the staff and the customer service that we recieved over there. Amazing, they are simply amazing, nothing was never too much of an ask, the receptionists were always cheery, the cleaners were efficient and the bar staff were always polite and could never do enough for you, even the owners (a lovely married couple) used to pop in from time to time and help out behind the bar or tidying.

But one stuck out a mile and she was called Maria, originally a scouse bird and has since rooted in Ibiza, she was always pleasant, always fun and was always full of energy. She made us feel so welcome and if this place was hell, we'd come back just to see her. So if you are going, and you see Maria, she will look after you as she did us. Tip her millions!

So that concludes my lengthy essay (sorry) but after reading a few on here I had to put my piece in. I rarely bother with these sorts of things but this is heartfelt, please go to this place, it's lovely.

Room Tip: There is no lift, so i suggest if you have heavy bags/kids/elderly then you don't ask for third floor.
2  Thank Benjiwild
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We booked a 3 night stay at this hotel and an Easyjet flight. The break cost us £120.00 each, the hotel was so clean, the staff were so friendly and the breakfast was nice too. We had a great time at this hotel and can't believe what great value for money it was, will be back next May half term. Thank yo so much.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wapshott31
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This has been my third visit. The staff all actually recognised me from previous visits. They are all friendly and helpful. Rooms are small and basic but what more do you want other than a nice clean bed to sleep in and somewhere to shower?
At breakfast there was a choice of toast, cereal or hot food. Evening meal, was buffet style. Soup, salad and hot food. Of course, with the picky brits, there are chips on the menu. Personally, I would have liked to seen more local cuisine. I wish the British holiday maker were more adventurous with food. The place itself is very well situated and kept very clean.
I can't understand some of the reviews saying that it is VERY noisy. I have stayed both at the front of the building, overlooking the main square of Es Cana where the busses pull in, and the back. Yes, there is some noise, but its not excessive. If you want total peace and quiet try paying £4000 for a private villa in the mountains.
Would definitely stay here again.

6  Thank Adrian R
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was our first time to Es Cana but not Ibiza. We booked with Thomas Cook and could not fault them. The coach dropped us off outside of the May y Huerta which looked lovely. Opening the door the first thing you notice how clean it is and people on reception are the most friendliest of any place I have been. We had a sea view which you pay for when you arrive. Rooms are great again very clean. The food is varied and plentiful. All hotel staff are very helpful and cannot do enough for you and very informative. Always making time for a chat. The hotel is so incredibly situated for everything. Smack bang by the beach, shops and restaurants. The bus stop is just over the road. Brilliant. What a find. Go and enjoy.

Room Tip: There is no lift so E mail them before if you have a disability.
1  Thank beachdream00
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked this hotel simply because a friend had booked it for a family birthday. I checked all the reviews from Trip Advisor and went with an open mind, expecting nothing. The whole ethos of trip advisor is to keep us informed and also to pressure the owners of accomodation to step up to the mark. Wow! The past comments have clearly helped and the owners and staff have done a tremendous job over the past few years. This year is cooked breakfasts ie one day it's sausage and fried egg, the alternating days are bacon and scrambled egg. Cooked to perfection. We were bed and breakfast and to be honest, we paid 10 euros on 3 occasions to eat in the dining room for an evening meal, that's how good the food was. Mar y Huerta is also the home of the worlds most helpful waitress. Maria is her name and she has a strong scouse accent although has lived on the island for many many years. Her humour is heart warming, as is her helpfulness and passion to please everyone. (HP sauce is her secret weapon). Not forgetting Tony the waiter/barman who never seems to rest.

Bad points? No kettle unless you rent one but I always take my own anyway. No fridge unless you rent it but I knew this and settled for milk in cold water in the sink like we used to do when i was a kid. The internet cost 15 euro for a week which was cheaper than most places. There isn't a lift but luckily we were on the first floor. We overlooked the street and bus park but it wasnt loud or busy. Sea Views are an extra 6 euros per night.

The rooms and hotel are spotless, the pool is maintained, the resort is geared for the blue rinse brigade but it is now at the top of my list for next year's holiday

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends