Pesona Beach Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Yumana Gili Trawangan(Gili Trawangan)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vila Ombak(Gili Trawangan)
  • Pool
White Bamboo Resort(Gili Trawangan)
GK's Homestay(Gili Trawangan)
View Hotel
Pearl of Trawangan(Gili Trawangan)
Rafa Homestay(Gili Trawangan)
Hotel Unique(Gili Trawangan)
View Hotel
The Trawangan Resort(Gili Trawangan)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindian fooddive central gilishisha barbutter chickenair condiving lessonsthe main stripdive centreawesome locationcentral locationgreat place to stayclean roomsdive schoolhot watercleaned every daystandard roomthree nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Visitied Gili T for the third time in February and decided to try out Pesona after reading great Tripadvisor reviews. Wasn't a bad hotel, but having stayed in 2 other properties on Gili T, we've experienced better for the same price. We didn't end up staying in the room originally booked as the hotel was pretty busy and I think may have overbooked which was fine, but what bothered me was that we only had hot water 1 out of 3 days. Pool area is very nice, but there are only 6-8 lounge chairs so they were always full. I probably wouldn't travel with our children here as the party scene at night was very loud every night we were there. The hotel restaurant specializes in Indian food which we enjoyed, but as I'm assuming the food is made fresh, took 45 minutes to an hour to even get an appetizer. Service in general in the Gili's is slightly slower, which is part of the overall charm, but Pesona had much slower service than any of the other hotels we've stayed at and restaurants we've eaten at.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Adventurer4Life
sannygowda, Owner at Pesona Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

After speaking to my staff from both the restaurant and the hotel I find your rating a bit brash. The staff and myself as an owner have worked very hard to build up Pesona Resort’s facilities, reputation on the island and with our guests, which as you say is clearly reflected with the majority of our reviewers.

With regards to VALUE we offer all our guests free Wi-Fi, pool towels, hammocks on each balcony, security box in all rooms, rooms cleaned daily, great breakfast, air-conditioned rooms, a back-up generator during power cuts on the island, room service, welcome drinks, private beach area, welcome talk about what to do on the island, booking transfers, fully stocked bar with imported wines and spirits, Big Screen for key live sporting events and daily movies in the day or evening, Fresh Indian food, fantastic Sheesha lounge, yummy cocktails and off course service with a smile!

Now, I’ll try and answer each of your points:
- Firstly, we may not have been present during your stay as I don’t recall any guests in February who were not accommodated in the room they originally booked - otherwise I would have informed you prior to their stay (and FYI we don’t overbook). With regard to the hot water not being available on 2 days, this may be due to some rooms use Solar Powered hot water and as it was heavy rains recently and no sun, you may have been impacted. However, if you had taken the time to speak to reception this would have been explained to you.
- Thank you for your compliments about the pool area, I agree it is lovely and we have 10 sun loungers and plenty of comfortable tables/chairs around the pool area to sit.
- With regard to the Indian food, I’m glad you enjoyed it. All our food is lovingly prepared using the best imported ingredients and off course it’s made fresh. If the food was delayed, I’m sorry, it could have been for a number of reasons. However, we do warn our guests that as each dish is tailored individually and spiced as the guest wants it, it may take a bit longer to come out!
- As to the service being quicker, I’ll inform my restaurant manager with this feedback.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband and I had such a great time in Gili and were so happy that we stayed at the Pesona Resort. Here are just a couple of reasons why:

STAFF: Friendly and accommodating! We arrived before check-in but the staff offered to expedite getting our room ready and recommended a great lunch spot right on the beach to help us pass an hour while we waited. They also helped us organize a snorkeling trip as well as to choose many wonderful dinner and lunch spots that we may not have stumbled on without recommendations. Overall, they were very helpful and always available to schedule fun activities or just help you plan a great vacation experience.

RESTUARANT/BAR: Pesona has a fantastic Indian restaurant which is the only of it's kind on the island. We took advantage of this our first night and enjoyed a fantastic dinner complete with delicious and authentic Indian food (my husband would know - he's from India). It was the best food we had while we were there. We hung around the bar afterward and enjoyed some quality sheesha and made a few new friends which made for a really fun evening.

ACCOMMODATIONS: Beyond the resort being in a great central location overlooking paradise, it is beautifully decorated and has a modern chic vibe which embodies relaxation. We stayed in a villa for 3 nights and it was perfect . The rooms were clean, air-conditioned and very comfortable. We also really enjoyed the outdoor seating area where they play movies on a big screen TV which is perfect for those nights when you don't feel like going out, but don't want to sit in your room.

Last but not least, we had the pleasure of getting to know the owners, Sandesh and Sumeena during our stay and they are the most down-to-earth and delightful people! They not only helped us make a lot of the arrangements prior to coming, but offered plenty of advice to ensure we had the best time possible while we were there. We can't thank them enough. They hold their staff to high standards and have created a top notch establishment that we cannot wait to visit again! So yes, WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney R
Reviewed 25 February 2012

It's difficult to leave a place that feels like home in paradise. This place has everything you need and more...fantastic location with views over to Lombok across turquoise waters, friendly staff always smiling, delicious food, films for wet weather, cold beer, lush cocktails, great tunes and SHEESHA...

We had hot water, air con and a cleaned room daily. What more do you really need?? (Apart from all of the above??)

The owners Sumeena and Sandeesh are very hands on and dedicated. They really can't do enough for you...no matter how big or small, nothing is a problem.

Thanks guys we'll be back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JussTimAli
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Firslty, everyone MUST go to the Gili Islands! The most beautiful place i have ever been to! And Pesona added to that beauty! The staff were friendly and attentive and when we checked in and were told we would have to wait a while for our room to be available they gave us a drink and came and sat with us and discussed the different islands, the activities on the island and how much we should pay for each activity, which was extremely helpful! We organised our glass bottom boat snorkeling trip through the hotel and they told us to save our money and wait until the day of the trip to book and pay to insure that it would be going ahead, which we thought was fabulous and made us think that they weren't just after our money. On the day of the trip one of the boatmen came to the hotel to pick us up to ensure we found the boat, which was awesome!

The resturant here is absolutely amazing! And without a doubt the best indian food i've ever had as they made it to your specifications, so if you wanted it extra spicy they would do it! So good! We were here for three days and ate dinner here twice and lunch once! we just didnt wanna go anywhere else. Being able to sit so close to the beautiful beach and eat dinner while sipping yummy cocktails and smoking sheesha was the best ever! My mouth is watering just thinking about the food.

Cannot think of a bad word to say about Pesona and will most definitely be back and will be staying for longer. Absoultey loved it!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Bungalows are beautifully simple. Definitely get a room with a hammock for those lazy afternoons reading.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I've just returned from a quick travelling trip and that took in a stay at this resort. I stayed a few places throughout my travels but this was the one that I wanted to write a report about. The hotel combined the charm, friendlyness and atmosphere of a great Gilly hotel however it has the amenities, and efficiency of an extremely well run place. The pool and chill out areas are great and the hotel rooms are spacious and surprisingly luxurious for the price, and so it's defintely great value for money. The location is ideal and the fact that the Indian food on your doorstep is top notch make this a great place to stay, definitely recommended as a place to stay

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo